Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's cause you travel first class. :p

I don't pay for it :roflmao:
That's work funded. Hardly anyone in business and first have paid for it.

Not sure it's as straight forward as that though, you ever noticed that despite your pay going up over the years you still have the same (lack of...) money at the end of the month?

Obviously footballer wages outstrip your average joe thousands of times over, but I'm sure that leads to expensive taste, and to be blunt, footballers are generally a bit thick, so I wouldn't be expecting much financial sense from them...

A lot of them probably haemorrhage money every month that they don't even know about.

Now I'm not suggesting that Harry Winks starts to sweat every time he goes to use his debit card after the 3rd week of the month, but I also don't imagine for one moment he would countenance cutting his salary in half so that he can go and play football at Goodison Park 19 times a year, battle against relegation, and stare at Tom Davies and DCL tugging eachother off in the communal shower on a daily basis...

Totally agree that with more income comes more expense. Bigger mortgage, bigger car finance, more expensive holidays etc
But there's limits to what you actually can spend.
Think about house prices. Most of us borrow approx 4 times our annual household income over 30 years.
He's on 2.6m a year.
Is he in a £10m+ property? All I know is that he lives in a "London Appartment" could be anywhere from half a million to 10 million I guess.
He drives a Range Rover so not a a million pound penis extension.

I suspect he has plenty of liquid cash each week/month

Don’t think we’ll quite get this one over the line before going to Korea.

Reckon a lot have jumped the gun on this. Feels like we're still trying for one of our top 3 left centre back targets and Lenglet is a bit of a back up option. We'd curently have to leave 4 foreign trained players out of out CL squad (thats if Bergwijn has been sold) so i would have thought any non homegrown player coming in needed to be top notch not a bit of a punt.

Lenglet transfer

He's coming
Oh no he isn't
Oh yes he is
Oh no he isn't
Snow White Christmas GIF by Selladoor

Even if we don’t get them over the line by South Korea I don’t care.

I’m more interested in seeing Gil, Sarr, Parrott, etc. all the younger guys if they can impress Conte because I think they all could be good for the squad this upcoming season.

Also let’s be real. The only person the Koreans want to see is Son. We could just send him and the tour would be a success. :sonpoint:

Quote: "Spence set to be confirmed as a Spurs player befoe squad flies out to South Korea on Saturday."

Befoe is the key word here.

Befoe Definitions | What does befoe mean? | Best 2 Definitions of Befoe
(intransitive) To make or become a foe.
(intransitive) To treat or behave as a foe; be hostile towards.

Besides, with all the delays, cancellations and airport mess it's a bit up in the air which Saturday the squad will fly out to South Korea.
Unless it’s confirmed by Paul O keefe its not true

The january window is not a window where you can plan ahead, we learned that lesson last year. We got very fourtunate this year that Kane, Son and Kulusevski didn't get injured. If we repeat the same mistake twice, we won't be so lucky.
Agree but think landscape will be different this time

Back
Top Bottom