Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who said that mate?

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

I think what Matt1882 is saying is that there comes a point where you really need to try hard to spend more money. Someone living in a one-bedroom and driving a Peugeot can easily upgrade to a 3- or 4-bedroom and drive a Benz, if his salary allows him to. But someone who already lives in a 4-bedroom and drives a Benz would be hard pressed to upgrade further, unless he went for a small castle and a stable of exotic cars. And not everyone does that. So leftover income would be a larger proportion of one's income.

And, of course, it also depends on the person. I don't know Winks, but he doesn't strike me like the type who would go for the small castle and stable of exotic cars. Same with Kane, Davies, Hobby, and several other players. So, I do think that in his case what Matt said is probably closer to the truth.
Personally, I reckon the more money you have, the easier it becomes to just blow it without a second thought, though it's unlikely we'll ever get the chance to find out one way or another...

Think back to when Dele was presented to the Everton fans at Goodison and caught a bit of shit in the press for looking like a hobo, I bet you anything he spent thousands on what he was wearing. It's not all about big houses and flash cars, they will be getting rinsed for so many things that the average person wouldn't, and fleeced by hangers on.

I agree with you though, Winks doesn't strike me as the type to do that, I just don't think it's as easy as looking at his situation and wondering why he doesn't simply take a 50% drop in wages to get regular 1st team football?

He's well paid and playing for his boyhood club, personally if you gave me the choice right now, I'd rather be a reserve at Spurs than a starter at any other English club.

Spence and lenglet look like guys we have done deals but we are waiting to see if we can get someone better.
Not this late. Conte wants his main buys in before the S Korea trip, it's seems Spence and Lenglet are what he wants and it's just Barca and Mboro being royal wankers in negotiations.

I think what Matt1882 is saying is that there comes a point where you really need to try hard to spend more money. Someone living in a one-bedroom and driving a Peugeot can easily upgrade to a 3- or 4-bedroom and drive a Benz, if his salary allows him to. But someone who already lives in a 4-bedroom and drives a Benz would be hard pressed to upgrade further, unless he went for a small castle and a stable of exotic cars.
I don't think that's true at all - there are many luxuries that are incredibly expensive, be it properties, cars, food, travel, clothes, whatever. For example, whereas you and I might have a couple of pints in the pub, these guys might order a £400 bottle of champagne, costing maybe 40 times what a couple of pints costs.

Whether or not they NEED to do that, or SHOULD do that is a different matter - do we NEED to go to the pub for a couple of pints when it would be cheaper to drink them at home, or not at all? Do we NEED to have takeaways that often cost 10 x what it would cost to cook at home?

It is definitely NOT difficult to live luxuriously and spend huge amounts of money, and get used to doing so, if you have a vast income, and there are many examples of that all over the celebrity world.

Whether Winks lives like that is a different matter, and is his business - none of us have any right to make assumptions about someone else's spending and 'judge' that they should be happy to halve their salary when we are not prepared to halve our own.

:contelol:

Heard LAFC still have 1 Designated Player spot left, after Bale and Chiellini. Those 3 together would do exactly what they're designed to do.....sell tickets.

After the season Lingard had for Spam in 20/21, can't believe he's not getting a look from more Prem clubs in need of HG. His wage demands must be ludicrous.

Heard LAFC still have 1 Designated Player spot left, after Bale and Chiellini. Those 3 together would do exactly what they're designed to do.....sell tickets.

After the season Lingard had for Spam in 20/21, can't believe he's not getting a look from more Prem clubs in need of HG. His wage demands must be ludicrous.
Wait till Jesse meets some real rappers....

Back
Top Bottom