Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wont flop he is the best goalscorer in the world to be honest and that will quickly become apparent to those who don’t yet realise it.
Quite a few have struggled from the Bundesliga . No space to run into as most teams sit back against city.
Plus they will have to change their style as he won’t be a false nine. City scored 99 goals last season. Quite difficult to score many more than that. Pep has never been a man for big centre forwards . Should be an interesting start to the season

Quite a few have struggled from the Bundesliga . No space to run into as most teams sit back against city.
Plus they will have to change their style as he won’t be a false nine. City scored 99 goals last season. Quite difficult to score many more than that. Pep has never been a man for big centre forwards . Should be an interesting start to the season
He'll score 20 league goals barring injuries.

I don't think they'll miss Jesus much. Good player but Haaland's 2 levels up from that. Do think they'll regret Sterling going if they don't bring someone big in, been consistently one of their most productive players over the last 4/5 seasons.
They bought in Alvarez who is seen as the top young attacking prospect in South America.

I'm impressed with the speed and seemingly targeting players Conte wants but concerned that we are lacking that oomph in the signings that make me believe we can compete. We've barely scratched that £150m.

Now you can be more than the sum of your parts as we've seen with Leicester and even Loch era Spurs, but I worry we still lucky that quality to get past teams that do the old low block.

Are we saving that money for a big buy? I get Lenglet is probably the safe option because we can't get first choice targets, and I agree we've added first choice players that improve our team and depth. But what's the plan? Are we going to challenge? Still feel we are missing key components.

Is Raphina the answer? There's no way that Chelsea have Sterling and Ronaldo and Raphina. Hijack de Jong?

Yeah but he is a machine. Unreal player.

I'm impressed with the speed and seemingly targeting players Conte wants but concerned that we are lacking that oomph in the signings that make me believe we can compete. We've barely scratched that £150m.

Now you can be more than the sum of your parts as we've seen with Leicester and even Loch era Spurs, but I worry we still lucky that quality to get past teams that do the old low block.

Are we saving that money for a big buy? I get Lenglet is probably the safe option because we can't get first choice targets, and I agree we've added first choice players that improve our team and depth. But what's the plan? Are we going to challenge? Still feel we are missing key components.

Is Raphina the answer? There's no way that Chelsea have Sterling and Ronaldo and Raphina. Hijack de Jong?
They aint getting CR7, Raphina blatantly only wants Farcelona, Chavs in tha mudd!!! LOL

SONNY what a Foooking G :sonpoint:♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

FXSscCIXgAMor72

I agree but i think such a player will be in a subsequent window. When we are seen as more attractive to such players and when such a player exists. It’s not Raphinha imv, i want someone better.

If we get just half decent money for Winks, GLC, Ndombele and Reggie, then we could well be nearing net spend 0

So we shouldn't take punts on youngsters ? Did you say at the time he was a dogshit signing ...tap, tap tap....... Nopemaybe we shouldn't have signed Bale, Ali or Kulu......
Yes. We shouldn’t spend significant money on random punts if the team has significant flaws that need to be addressed. That’s what an academy is for.

And the players you’ve named are not even slightly comparable.

Back
Top Bottom