Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bryan Gil.... A players that we chose to farm out on loan rather that starve of game-time.

No; we'd be selling one due to there being a finite amount of game-time...... 3 players for 1 position is excessive. Even if we do bag another HG player; we're still most likely only gonna want 2 RBs.

Lewis Potter is a Brentford player now.... He chose game-time rather than splinters on a more prestigious bench. Time to move on.
Gil is a left midfielder, not an attacker (yet)

Shame he's gone to Brentford - really think we missed out on possibly best attacking players in the Championship, Hull fans rate his as being slightly better than Bowen (based upon goals/assists at a similar age), who went from Hull to Wham - he had better goals/assists numbers than all players at Spurs last season other than Kane and Son.

We will have a spare HG place which he could have taken as our 6th forward (after Kane, Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski and Moura) and would be a decent back up to Kulusevski (albeit inexperienced in PL - but Championship is a better training ground for PL than most european leagues for its speed and physicality mixed with skill)

Brentford will be in real danger of going down without Eriksen, though. They were in real trouble before he came. If Potter shows something and they go down he’d be available again.

"The case"?

It's a rhetorical question.

No. The question is the question.... Answer it or don't.
When you ask a question that is not based on reality, don't expect an answer.

However, I do see what's going on here.... For the sake of not giving an inch; you're gonna adopt the position that there's only 11 world class players in existence.

(I'm not gonna bicker with you about what WC means; but let's just say yours is a minority view.)
WTF? How did you come up with this conclusion?? Dude, you seriously need to read what other people write and not make shit up.

So Klopp (eg) doesn't squeeze the most out of his players?

As someone that IS widely considered to (despite your take), why has Klopp only got one EPL title compared to Pep's 4?
Well, it's not because he lost to City in a league game, or because Pep had more quality players. And it's not like it couldn't have been 3 to Klopp and 2 to Pep. You do realize that two of times that City won the title they won it by a solitary point? Which is basically a shot being a few centimeters lower/righter/lefter that may have made the difference over the course of over 3500 minutes of football.

Another question for you..... At the end of 20/21 Tuchel was seen as a minor miracle worker.... Why were they so far off the top the following season?
Well, do tell me. Is it because he didn't have enough quality? They were in the mix through the first half of the season. Did they sell all their good players in January?

We don't have a 6th forward so Lewis-Potter an upgrade.

Assuming we buy Spence we will need to sell either Royal or Doherty as we cannot retain both players due to a shortage of HG players which will limit our squad to 23 players (2 per position plus a 3rd GK) - something that buying the likes of Lewis-Potter (and HG player could help us with.
Yes, but a 6th forward will play 10% of the time. A 2nd or even 3rd RWB will play 30% of the time. Not to mention that we don't have much quality at RWB, so Spence can see a way into the first team fairly quickly. Lewis-Potter will be far down the pecking order and stay there for a while.

And I am not doubting that Lewis-Potter would be an upgrade. I am just saying that he wouldn't join us to play just 10% of the time, when he can play 90% of the time in a mid-table PL team.

Last edited:

Edging ever closer to zero net spend.

Come on Daniel. You can do it!

you can do it cheering GIF

Last edited:
According to journos we are after another centre back, he is HG and brilliant, beast in the air & perfect to challenge Dier
I can see him developing into a Rice-type.

The 21-year only signed for the Clarets last summer, in a £12million move from Stoke.
Originally from Ireland, Collins came through at Dublin-based club Cherry Orchard before moving to Stoke as a youngster.
Primarily a centre-back, Collins has also played at right-back and could prove a useful option in Wolves' defence, as Bruno Lage chases his first signing of the summer.
Reports have suggested talks are ongoing over a £20.5million deal for the defender who has six appearances and one goal for the senior Republic of Ireland national squad, after making his debut in October last year.
In an impressive first season in the Premier League with Burnley, he made 19 appearances and scored two goals.

Last edited:

The 21-year only signed for the Clarets last summer, in a £12million move from Stoke.
Originally from Ireland, Collins came through at Dublin-based club Cherry Orchard before moving to Stoke as a youngster.
Primarily a centre-back, Collins has also played at right-back and could prove a useful option in Wolves' defence, as Bruno Lage chases his first signing of the summer.
Reports have suggested talks are ongoing over a £20.5million deal for the defender who has six appearances and one goal for the senior Republic of Ireland national squad, after making his debut in October last year.
In an impressive first season in the Premier League with Burnley, he made 19 appearances and scored two goals.

He was unreal against us. I had never heard of him but he was a one man shield in that home game

No he isn't a turn coat like Rice.

Back
Top Bottom