Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they get out of the window having kept Maddison, Barnes, Dewsbury, Justin, Schmeichel, Tielemans, Vardy, Kelechi etc they will be fine. They need a centre half though

Something was rotten last season...... Rodgers kept on talking about work ethic and poor attitude.

Agree...
There's a few young high profile players who wouldn't last 5 minutes under Conte, but... (wait for it) I feel quite confident that
_117733156_gettyimages-633726814.jpg
zhTOorA.jpg

fair summary.

I think Spurs want 2 CB's for preference, so if one top CB became available before end of the window I think we'd probably buy AND look to buy next summer after Lenglet's loan comes to an end.

Both the last two players are very much dependent on player availability (and other club's willingness to sell) more so than others we have acquired so far this window.
Or, in the case of Lenglet, he rediscovers his "old self" while at Spurs and, hopefully, can be bought at a "decent" price. Not saying this is highly likely but it's a possibility.

I will cut you goat.

Grown men offering transfer hints on message boards... it's fucking embarrassing. I for one am damned proud that this forum has historically been so unwelcoming to these charlatans and fantasists.

I think you are insulting someone who does actually pick up information from various sources - its never going to be complete information as Spurs have clamped down but there are a number of information sources such as agents who do give information, and indeed younger players etc.

There is a world of difference between the likes of Hercules of SC fame who probably has zero sources and Val who clearly does have some (including quite possibly some from the Smith's Agencies who represent Spence).

So 6 players in

Conte already mentioned Bergwijn and Gollini leaving and has left Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks and Reguillon behind. If we add Rodon to that list we're 1 player short for parity for Conte to maybe stop using this response. I'm thinking another 2-3 players in still.

20 years ago we wouldn't have hired a guy like Conte, because we wouldn't have been able to back him. Levy isn't spending because Conte is giving him a kick up the ass. It's because he can now spend that he hired Conte. I mean, how difficult is it to grasp.??

Just to add to your excellent post, and for some posters but I'm sure you understand this yourself, its not just the purchase fees - its the fact that Spurs revenue streams at WHL could never cover the wage bill of the players who we are now bringing in.

I have to admit that I had to google this guy :D

Extremely versatile player. He can play as LCB, LB, and LWB. Only 23, but one of the standout players in Brasil's Serie A. Superb dribbler and his long and medium range passing are excellent (88% completion). He's a very strong player that would easily adapt to the PL as it is very difficult to dispossess him of the ball (reminds a bit of Dembele). And has quite the engine too. Can run up and down the pitch all match long. He would be a great signing, imo.

I have no idea who he is. Just made all this shit up.

Just to add to your excellent post, and for some posters but I'm sure you understand this yourself, its not just the purchase fees - its the fact that Spurs revenue streams at WHL could never cover the wage bill of the players who we are now bringing in.
That's exactly my point. It's like saying to a 45-year old VP with a handsome salary, who started out his career as an entry-level employee "hey dude, why did you wait 20 years to buy this fancy sports car? You should have bought it 20 years ago." (and kept buying a new sports car every year)

Something was rotten last season...... Rodgers kept on talking about work ethic and poor attitude.

Maybe .... but if it was an ongoing problem I'd have expected to see a long line of players wanting out, and of that there's no sign.

Even Tielemans with one year left on his contract who Woolwich (I know !) were hot for is still there.

20 years ago we wouldn't have hired a guy like Conte, because we wouldn't have been able to back him. Levy isn't spending because Conte is giving him a kick up the ass. It's because he can now spend that he hired Conte. I mean, how difficult is it to grasp.??

This all sounds logical and reasonable.

Until you realise that teams with no more money than Spurs outspent Spurs most years.
For a large portion of the 00's you'd say only Chelsea and Man United should have had the power to comprehensively outspend Spurs. The rest of the league didn't have the power of United or the wealth of Chelsea. The Emptycrates didn't open until 2006 and actually hindered Woolwich and yet they completely outspent us and continue to do so most seasons.

The simple fact of the matter is, some teams speculated to accumulate and some ran the team like a business, trying to increase income to subsequently increase spending.
We fell into the latter and, as a result, had a very, vey slow climb. Teams like the rich clubs, Woolwich, Liverpool to some degree gambled by spending the money to elevate themselves as quickly as possible or where there was an opportunity.

What I'm willing to say is that what is done is done and no amount of internet bitching changes it.
If the leopard has changed it's spots and keeps the new ones then this place should be better for everyone.

Extremely versatile player. He can play as LCB, LB, and LWB. Only 23, but one of the standout players in Brasil's Serie A. Superb dribbler and his long and medium range passing are excellent (88% completion). He's a very strong player that would easily adapt to the PL as it is very difficult to dispossess him of the ball (reminds a bit of Dembele). And has quite the engine too. Can run up and down the pitch all match long. He would be a great signing, imo.

I have no idea who he is. Just made all this shit up.
To be clear, I have read the small print, but have decided that I'm super excited and want us to sign this guy now, shut up Palmeiras and take our money!

Interesting

Who are the options here?

Paqueta, SMS, Maddison, asensio, Isco, Mckennie?

Paqueta: seems a good player but only in France, so a risk

SMS: more a box to box than an AM

Asensio: possibly

Isco: to old and slow

Mckinnie: like SMS a box to box, Paratici reportedly likes him

Maddison: the obvious choice, elite and home grown and 100% an AM but would cost 70-80m probably.

Nkunku: plays either AM or second striker, had a great season but would be very expensive and a risk coming from the German League

Wirtz: very talented AM, would cost a bomb.

Be interesting to see who we go for.

This all sounds logical and reasonable.

Until you realise that teams with no more money than Spurs outspent Spurs most years.
For a large portion of the 00's you'd say only Chelsea and Man United should have had the power to comprehensively outspend Spurs. The rest of the league didn't have the power of United or the wealth of Chelsea. The Emptycrates didn't open until 2006 and actually hindered Woolwich and yet they completely outspent us and continue to do so most seasons.

The simple fact of the matter is, some teams speculated to accumulate and some ran the team like a business, trying to increase income to subsequently increase spending.
We fell into the latter and, as a result, had a very, vey slow climb. Teams like the rich clubs, Woolwich, Liverpool to some degree gambled by spending the money to elevate themselves as quickly as possible or where there was an opportunity.

What I'm willing to say is that what is done is done and no amount of internet bitching changes it.
If the leopard has changed it's spots and keeps the new ones then this place should be better for everyone.
The only teams that consistently outspent Spurs were City, Chelsea, Pool, United, and Woolwich. Clubs that had revenues far greater to ours and were consistently in the CL. If Leicester or Spam outspent us one or two years that does not a trend make.

Back
Top Bottom