Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

did you even read the post I responded to???

he jokingly asked if I'm saying "a lot" of black people look alike and yes that's racist.
Considering there's 8 billion people in this world a lot of people look like a lot of other people....
Especially when you consider trends and fashions that people follow making them seem even more alike.

Tbh, I was having a dig at you. It's a situation that's troubled me for a long time. How can someone not be able to observe two people from a minority race look alike.

Anecdotally, my dad's a bit racist. He doesn't dislike black people or anything horrible, but he says stupid things all the time that you'd expect from a 76 year old. Bugs me a lot. Always tell him its not right saying this and that.
He's also pretty poor sited. He once told me he really likes Wesley Snipes as he always plays such varied characters in films.
I had to tell him he was watching a Denzel Washington film.

It’s a massive step up for this lad let’s see how he develops I don’t see him starting many games other than the league cup etc. I wish him well but we’ll need to be patient, playing wing back under Conte has to be the toughest role in football

I've read through all the posts connected to this 'bit racist' accusation made by kingdawson kingdawson and quite frankly it's all a bit 'schoolboy'.

Okay, it passes the time while waiting for Paratici to sign the paperwork, but can we change the subdject and get back to some serious punning?

Considering there's 8 billion people in this world a lot of people look like a lot of other people....
Especially when you consider trends and fashions that people follow making them seem even more alike.

Tbh, I was having a dig at you. It's a situation that's troubled me for a long time. How can someone not be able to observe two people from a minority race look alike.

Anecdotally, my dad's a bit racist. He doesn't dislike black people or anything horrible, but he says stupid things all the time that you'd expect from a 76 year old. Bugs me a lot. Always tell him its not right saying this and that.
He's also pretty poor sited. He once told me he really likes Wesley Snipes as he always plays such varied characters in films.
I had to tell him he was watching a Denzel Washington film.

Your dad has had to tolerate your bullshit for most of his life, so now it's your turn. If you make it to 76, your social values and cultural norms will be considered stupid and outdated too. Enjoy him whilst you've got him.

Your dad has had to tolerate your bullshit for most of his life, so now it's your turn. If you make it to 76, your social values and cultural norms will be considered stupid and outdated too. Enjoy him whilst you've got him.

God just imagine the future. We live in a future of trans-eagles and trans-T-Rex’s and me a grumpy old man saying ‘’back in my day a human being was a human being, they couldn’t just turn into a T-Rex, I don’t get it’’.

But did you even understand the post you responded to ?

Your comment read 'NOT ALL black people look the same'

His reply was 'so you're saying a LOT do?'.

This to me sounded more like a wry response to your sloppy use of language. I'm sure you meant: 'Black people don't ALL look the same' .

The joke being that your comment could in itself be construed as casual racism by someone looking to be offended, although I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Context . Intent .
sloppy language or not the responses after had nothing to do with my use of language.

About twenty yeas ago my friend and i were going to an evening match at Spurs when he said that it was the anniversery of the death of his grand father and he wanted to stop off at one of the small synagogues in Stamford Hill to say Kaddish the memorial prayer .It was one of the synagogues for ultra religious Jews who all have beards and dress the same.I stayed outside. When the service was over they all started to come out and one of them came over to me and said that your brother will be out iin a couple of minutes he was speaking to the Rabbi. I asked him how he knew he was my brother and he said that he looked just like me My friend was over 6ft tall with dark hair and Im 5ft 10 with fair hair. We obviously all look alike to them. Was he being racist, I dont think so, and my friend and I had a good laugh about it. Unfortunately he died two years ago so as much as we might have looke alike then I certainly hope we dont now.

how dare you snl GIF

Back
Top Bottom