Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know why people are so obsessed with Kulusevski at Juventus. They had a bad stretch as a team, he was misused positionally, and the coaches didn’t value him.

We bought low on him and have prospered more than literally anyone predicted. These are the type of signings that you can benefit from when your scouting and coaching are in line.

Kulusevski was disappointing at Juventus, but there’s a only a handful of players in the world who would thrive in every side and situation. We’ve brought him in, nurtured him, and he’s clearly very comfortable playing in this side. Situation means so much and makes such a difference. I’m hoping something similar happens if we do sign Zainolo.

Its not just Kulusevski as an individual footballler who has blown me away since arriving at Spurs, its possibly even more so how well he's linked up with Kane and Son to give us a 3 man forward line which is one of the best in PL, if not the best........ and that's tough coming in to join and match the Kane/Son duo who were already a great striking duo. And the interplay of the 3 of them makes them so much more difficult to play against than just Kane and Son.

He's also linked well with whoever plays as right back and central midfield, and with both areas looking better v Southampton than last season, that link is only going to get stronger and better.

Phenomenal recruitment in January to get both Kulusevski and Bentancur.

Loved watching him glide around today, absolute baller.. what a signing by Paratici and the gang - in fact Romero, Bentancur, and Deki as a Série A trio have been just absolutely immense.

Someone at Juventus fucked up letting us have this guy and for a bargain price too. He isn't just good, he is good in lots of ways and it's obvious he has what it takes to be a really top player and is very likely to get a lot better yet because of his obvious wish to better himself and he is so young still. Juventus' stupidity very much our gain!

Someone at Juventus fucked up letting us have this guy and for a bargain price too. He isn't just good, he is good in lots of ways and it's obvious he has what it takes to be a really top player and is very likely to get a lot better yet because of his obvious wish to better himself and he is so young still. Juventus' stupidity very much our gain!
probably the ronaldo factor as to why it didnt work out for him. wouldnt surprise me, bet if ronaldo wasnt at juve, kulu would of thrived

Absolute baller..............

Watching those clips, you can see how our players increasingly realise they have to be alive & aware when Deki has the ball. Because he has the skill and the footballing vision to create a bit of space and find them when nothing seems on.

This trust and awareness will only develop and grown. We know Emerson isn't the world's most gifted footballer, but he's strong and fit. He's repeatedly busting a gut to make a run when Deki has the ball, because he'll either play him in or by making the run create space for others.

Kulu's assist record is ridiculously good.

For all the talk about needing a creative #10 player, we should acknowledge that we have arguably one of the best creative passers in the league at RW.
I think he might be the best creative player we've got.

It's not just about his passing, but his ability to make a quick move, create space for himself, and/or dribble past players before making the pinpoint pass is what puts him on another level.

And he's absolutely clinical as well. His shooting is shockingly good, though he does need to work on his right foot.

Watching those clips, you can see how our players increasingly realise they have to be alive & aware when Deki has the ball. Because he has the skill and the footballing vision to create a bit of space and find them when nothing seems on.

This trust and awareness will only develop and grown. We know Emerson isn't the world's most gifted footballer, but he's strong and fit. He's repeatedly busting a gut to make a run when Deki has the ball, because he'll either play him in or by making the run create space for others.
He was great last season but he seems from todays showing to have added a burst of pace to his game. I reckon the Conte pre season has given him that. Awesome.

The way he was gliding past players with ease today was something he did occasionally last year, but not just fully tormenting fullbacks with his dribbling like he did today.

If that’s a permanent staple of his game, it’s over. Get too close, he goes right by you. Drop off and he’ll pick a pass to Son, Kane, Sess, etc with precision.

Totally agree. I love how he's willing to play in anybody- he almost put Romero through in the box today! Love seeing that!

Back
Top Bottom