Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way he was gliding past players with ease today was something he did occasionally last year, but not just fully tormenting fullbacks with his dribbling like he did today.

If that’s a permanent staple of his game, it’s over. Get too close, he goes right by you. Drop off and he’ll pick a pass to Son, Kane, Sess, etc with precision.

Totally agree. I love how he's willing to play in anybody- he almost put Romero through in the box today! Love seeing that!

There's a big difference in over-rated and not being particularly impressed by someone though. Sometimes you can only go on what you see. The few times I saw him for Juventus he looked bang average. Clearly he had some ability as you would simply never play for that sort of club if you didn't. But I don't think too many would have predicted he would make quite the impact that he has already.
Look at the first couple of pages on this thread. People were literally having hissy fits about the fee and 5 year contract and that he was shit.

He was magnificent for Parma, but struggled at Juve. Which is not unusual for young players making the next step up.

I would love it if fans could hold off judging a player until they have seen them play for spurs first. Paratici knows a lot more about players than anyone on this forum..

watching some of the clips back, i think he looks stronger and sharper than last season. he looks more in tune with what hes required to be like in this league. he played at a quicker tempo today than last year which allowed him to be more direct, he was fucking devastating watching the clips back, what a footballer. love the way he can go round his full back either way with just a basic drop of the shoulder, thats a proper footballer. hes also aware of passing options when hes facing up a defender.

Look at the first couple of pages on this thread. People were literally having hissy fits about the fee and 5 year contract and that he was shit.

He was magnificent for Parma, but struggled at Juve. Which is not unusual for young players making the next step up.

I would love it if fans could hold off judging a player until they have seen them play for spurs first. Paratici knows a lot more about players than anyone on this forum..
Yeh , there’s a few on here with egg on their faces

Simply a joy to watch this guy play. What a signing. Reminds me of Robben when he's out there on the left - always looks so dangerous and rarely wastes the ball. Will only get better. Levels above the likes of Saka, and even Diez for me.

Last edited:
Delighted to be proven wrong about this guy. In his first Few games I thought he was far too slow and clunky for the Premier League.

Well my god how wrong I was. What an outstanding player.
Genuinely reminds me of Robben back in his hay day, in that he is so unbelievably left footed but yet still so unbelievably brilliant. You know what’s coming but you just can’t stop it. Class.

Paratici is a "man of the field", he knows how to recognize talent. The important thing is not to give him freedom of decision on money.
At Juventus he was very good at picking up talents but he made mistakes like Ramsey's super contract

I think we have players quicker, stronger, more skilful etc but Kulusevski although not deficient in any of them it’s his brain that sets him apart, proper footballer, maybe only Kane in attack as clever.
Biggest stand out is how Kane trusts him…. Never thinks twice to ping it to Kulu, doesn’t go near baldie Lucas and is fairly conservative with giving Son the ball

We should go back to when this guy was loaned to us and we did not sign Diaz.

The guy has mercury in his boots and I would ask now who would swap him for the Liverpool player?

Have we bought him yet and if not has a fee already agreed?

Said it already, but I can't remember the last time a signing instantly had such a positive impact on the team.
Had serious, serious doubts; but the kid just bowled in like a badboy, swinging his big ginger-pubed dick around like a madman.

Bet this was how he was walking round on his first day of training...

giphy.gif

Absolute fucking mad lad.

I think Kane was a tad miffed that Son did not pass yo him when he should have done in the first half.

No issues there though.
He should have been miffed. Son should definitely have played him in.

But that's football, you get annoyed with your team-mates and then you move on. As long as there is no lingering beefs it's all in the game.

If Kulu develops a decent right foot, there's no reason why he can't be one of the best RW in the world. Everything else about his game is very sold to excellent.

As for Richarlison, we spent 60 million on him so he's coming in with high expectations. Just watched Haaland the other day and he just looked like a man among children out there. Bigger, faster, stronger, and more ferocious. Their transfer fees were about the same. And Nunez and Jesus are already off to the races bagging goals.
Jesus hasn't scored a competitive goal yet.

Back
Top Bottom