Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah all those years we've been constantly relegated and never played in the CL, plus all these dross players we've had to watch week in, week out, it's been horrible man.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg
Maybe it's the way we've been trophy less for so many years , like 99% of other clubs ? Or the way we finish higher in the league than clubs that have spent more than us?!

Following the club since the late 80s, I have to say the last 10 years have been, relatively speaking, an absolute joy.

Oh my....just a little pic of a young, cute smiling female Spurs player really got you fired up.
Well, unlike you, I rather see such a pic than read page after page after page of the same food jokes :cool:
Young cute female. Your a real champion of the womens game. I'd rather the food jokes. Respect the threads and respect the women's game you profess such commitment to....but you know fat jokes bad innit... :mourweird:

What has happened to the Zaniolo deal I thought we made one offer. He has two years left on his contract and Roma are going to struggle on ffp and revenue to wages when offering him a new deal. The ideal time would be to sell him now. If we do not get him it is because we never bid enough.

Looks like Jose will do everything he can to fuck us over.

But then you can't blame him for wanting to keep one of their best players.

Not a big Ligue 1 watcher .. bus-conductor bus-conductor what do you think? I quite liked him when he was playing regularly at Woolwich but he seemed a little temperamental and positionally a little chaotic. Has he pushed on since then?

He's still a bit hap hazard positionally (which wasn't always helped by Sampoali's slightly bonkers tactical shapes) and a bit of a twat, but he has settled down a bit, he had a good season for Marseille. He's got some decent qualities, he's energetic, a bit tenacious, technically decent most of the time, and does like to drive forward and support attacks - and was reasonably productive last season, chipping in with a few goals and assists from midfield.

I think he was jettisoned by Woolwich for being a bit of a twat. They really like him at Marseille (perfect fit - chaotic player for a chaotic club), he's only just made his deal permanent, and I think he really likes it there.

I doubt they'd want to sell but I don't think I'd want him. Still a bit too erratic for me (and the PL possibly).

Far more favourable proposition..... Is that on the table? Seems not.

Yeah, people compare Zaniolo to Kulusevski (in terms of not necessarily putting up great numbers but maybe being a good fit for our system & upping his game) but the key point is we got Kulu on a loan with option to buy for a reason. He was a risk who really paid off.

Seems to me Roma wanna charge the kind of fee you pay for a player performing at a top level for someone who is more promise than anything else.

to have one of the top 3 sides in europe at bayern, then come to city and be one of the top few sides if not best team in europe over the last 5-6 years and not win one champs league with either club, he is a failure when it comes to european football.
He only won the CL with barca bcos one he had mess i and two they played manure who were tactically pathetic in both finals. Fergie was not such a great tactician in Europe as many would have you believe. Remember mourinhios inter beat barca in 2010 final.

I was quite happy with our transfer window but tbh, seeing this crap is putting me in a bad mood. How the fuck is an honest, well managed club supposed to compete?

Amen.

Maybe not him specifically for that money, but I feel like we need more, and that might well mean paying silly money. TBH, £60m for Richarlison is already silly money.

No problem with that.....

The issue I have is:

A) Rich = Prem proven + gamble that he will come up a level surrounded by better players > Fine.
B) XXX = playing at high level but may or may not adjust to EPL > Fine.

....Zaniola is neither A or B.

He was exceptional in the EL last season, and would in our side play likewise

For EL read ECL.

Mate, bashing up farmers in the European 3rd tier is not a 60m acid-test.

Look at his productivity in the league.... It's rubbish.

He played thirty wo games last season, through injuries, how many games did Winks miss both last season and now this one? Nowadays ACL injuries are a time to recover injury rather than a critical one like they were a decade of so ago. An ACL is the result of a poor tackle and that is beyond any players control.

Winks has nothing to do with this... Baffling inclusion but.....

The key here - once again - is that Zaniolo is an attacking player with poor productivity in a weaker league.

(Kulu (eg) was a loan with an option..... This wouldn't be.)

READ what i wrote i did not say that any of those clubs mentioned were after him, i said it's about time we had first dibs of a player ref Fernandes, Willian etc.

I did read what you wrote..... It could have been construed either way. Let's not get antsy.

1st dibs on Romero, Perisic, Ndombele, Reguillon, GLC, Sanchez........? Evidently from the inconsistency of that list of recent acquisitions; it's a fairly superficial concern....

Scouting the right player is the only thing that matters; not getting into a pissing contest that we can't win.

If Conte wants the player yes. We have allegedly 150 million at our disposal plus transfer money. Levy hasn't stipulated buying five players for 30 million each has he? Paratici hasn't from what i have seen brought in and duds. The kid is just turned 23 (July) and should be good to go for a decade.

The problem isn't paying 60m for a player.... It's about the right player.

"Trust Conte" is fine; but he's not dumb enough to blow more than he thinks a player is worth.

He's only a step or so up from a veritable punt.

What player isn't?

(See re-quote of myself from a few posts up):

A) Rich = Prem proven + gamble that he will come up a level surrounded by better players > Fine.

Is it better to have two players such as Berj, LoCelso, go pear shaped or one Zaniolo?

You're talking like he's a sure thing..... Far from it.

At some point we the fans have to look beyond the number of the cost and more at the reward. At the end of the day we have much, much, more financial muscle than we ever have.

Nothing about what I'm saying is rooted in a fear of spending........ If you think so you're missing my point.

A young, quick, elusive, tricky Italian international isn't going to come cheap, and i truly feel tha t he will turn out to be better in the long term than Maddison is today.

You look at Sarr, Udoge, Kulu, Parrott, Keeley, Scarlett, Seggs, Spence, White, and Zaniolo and you can see with those nine players alone, where Paratici, Conte and Levy are building for the future.

Sure.... And by virtue of your list we already have a lot of young 'maybe' players coming through the ranks as it is.....

Conte is a manger for today..... Surely backing him with big money signing means making a stab at the big prizes now and next season; not building for a future that may fall under our next manager?

Sorry to go on.
:thumbup:

Nee bother at all. 👍

Last edited:
He only won the CL with barca bcos one he had mess i and two they played manure who were tactically pathetic in both finals. Fergie was not such a great tactician in Europe as many would have you believe. Remember mourinhios inter beat barca in 2010 final.
lets be honest, he should of won the champs league when they played chelsea, but he left their most important player out in rodri which was just fucking so strange. its like he trys to be some sort of uber genius.

Don't need a buy clause. Just need him gone for his good and ours. If it's a loan now and another loan in a year, who cares.

He's not on overtly big wages, so no... We should be trying to claw back some kind of fee.

We can't just bin everybody off.....

Ndombele is where that makes sense, because we have 30m still to pay on his wages alone.... GLC is not the same problem.

He (and Reg) is one of the few players we ought to be able to claw back a fee on.

Put it in the womens thread where it belongs.
Even less relevant than all non mens non Spurs stories that get in here.

It's a Spurs transfer. It won't garner much discussion (if any) so just scroll on and stop being a small-minded, bigoted tosser (like you are whenever you ignorantly wade into any thread that IS exclusively about women's football... When, even though, as you say, you have no interest; somehow you still feel the need to pass comment).

Last edited:
Amen.

No problem with that.....

The issue I have is:

Yeah agree completely. I just can't find anything to grasp onto that could make this deal worthwhile for us, nevermind a good value for money.

Kulu had the Parma season, and a good loan with option/obligation deal. Rich had a lot of PL seasons under his belt, so you could be confident that what you see is what you'll get, even if he's not all that special.

With the proposed 10+50 (?) deal, we shoulder the risk/burden of taking a prospect and making him into a top quality player, but we're not paying the price of a prospect.

Not to mention he's got those injuries, and at 23, he can't do a Sessegnon and take 4 seasons to become useful.

Back
Top Bottom