Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Important to reflect on the fact we paid that absolute fraud £8M per annum, and some lunatic posters defended Levy for his decision.
Don’t remember anyone defending Levy per se. It’s been well reported that Levy didn’t want him but Parataci convinced him to hire Santo based on the latter’s spell at Valencia. It’s also been reported recently that Parataci would have been gone if he failed to get a top-class replacement for NES i.e Conté.

Of course, Levy had the final say and last year’s manager hiring process was farcical. Having said that, there’s no consistency amongst the Anti-Levy crowd who want to give Parataci all the credit for decisions that fall in his purview that work out and Levy all the blame for those that don’t.

Don’t remember anyone defending Levy per se. It’s been well reported that Levy didn’t want him but Parataci convinced him to hire Santo based on the latter’s spell at Valencia. It’s also been reported recently that Parataci would have been gone if he failed to get a top-class replacement for NES i.e Conté.

Of course, Levy had the final say and last year’s manager hiring process was farcical. Having said that, there’s no consistency amongst the Anti-Levy crowd who want to give Parataci all the credit for decisions that fall in his purview that work out and Levy all the blame for those that don’t.
Not sure all the history behind all the comments but ultimately the buck stops with Levy. Good or bad, all hires down from him are from people he has employed. When I look back at his rein there has, for me, been more good than bad. Hopefully the recent trend continues but it is in its infancy. That being said football changes so quickly things rarely get the opportunity to mature

I didn't want Nuno as manager.
I thought it was an awful appointment.

But, the same as any manager or player we sign, I hope/hoped they would succeed.

Others feel the need to slag off the appointment before a ball is even kicked.
Oh well, ne'mind.

I’m anti Levy and happy to credit both Levy and Paratici…. Levy has learned from his repeated mistakes and delegated and invested from a position of power

Agree. Any chance we can use Lenglet as a flex LCB/CCB, and Dav as a RCB/LCB? We might be able to then get away with having only 5 CBs, and maybe using one of the CDMs as a RCB if in a pinch? I'm thinking maybe PEH can do a job at RCB or something (worst case scenario).
Doherty has experience playing as CB, so he could also be a stand-in CB in case of "emergency", so one may say Spurs got 6 CB (7 if Tanganga stays).

Mirror:​

Spurs to battle Chelsea for starlet

Tottenham face Chelsea on the pitch this weekend but off the pitch they are also shaping up for a battle for Peterborough defender Ronnie Edwards.

The 19-year-old has been impressing for club and country, making 38 appearances last term for the Championship club before featuring in the winning England U19 Euros squad this summer.

Posh have been relegated to League One and now football.london believe both Spurs and London are keen on the teenager.

Posh director of football Barry Fry said: "Spurs have been watching him for a long time, but so have other clubs. There is a big German club showing interest which is no real surprise as they love to take young English players and develop them."
If Edwards prefers to be loaned out to clubs all over Europe for the next few years, then he'll choose Chelski :cool:
Or he could choose Spurs and form England's defense for the next few years: Spence-Ashley Phillips-Dier-Ronnie Edwards-Sessegnon :cool:

Doherty has experience playing as CB, so he could also be a stand-in CB in case of "emergency", so one may say Spurs got 6 CB (7 if Tanganga stays).
I actually never thought about Doc being a RCB. That is a good call.
I know Japhet has been a bit inconsistent but...the opener v City last season...

Sky Sports Live TV right now.... "A London club has contacted Barcelona about signing Depay"

So I thought, here we go, Spurs wasting time.

Then they said "and this London club have offered to make him their highest paid player"

That's Wet Spam then.

Udogie doesn’t count. Will contribute nothing to this season so stop clutching at straws. Bet I’m right.

Have we signed another player? Yes we have . So you were wrong.

From this point on you have no idea whether Spurs will sign anybody else or not. Nobody gives a fuck if you're right. You might as well be betting on the outcome of a coin toss.

Have we signed another player? Yes we have . So you were wrong.

From this point on you have no idea whether Spurs will sign anybody else or not. Nobody gives a fuck if you're right. You might as well be betting on the outcome of a coin toss.

Calm the fuck down. Take a chill pill. It’s a football forum and if i want to strongly express my opinion that we won’t be signing anymore players for this season as an educated guess, then that’s what I’ll do. I’m not shutting up just because you don’t like that opinion.

Calm the fuck down. Take a chill pill. It’s a football forum and if i want to strongly express my opinion that we won’t be signing anymore players for this season as an educated guess, then that’s what I’ll do. I’m not shutting up just because you don’t like that opinion.
Except you posted the same 'bet' over and over again, and then you still can't admit you were wrong anyway. Would you like to start the 'bet' again so you can still get be right?

Back
Top Bottom