Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depay absolutely reeks of West Ham.

Made for the massive moments...

Shouldn't
that be made for the massive motions?

Calm the fuck down. Take a chill pill. It’s a football forum and if i want to strongly express my opinion that we won’t be signing anymore players for this season as an educated guess, then that’s what I’ll do. I’m not shutting up just because you don’t like that opinion.

Hahahaha...... "Educated".

Puff your chest out all you like... You're ALREADY wrong so it's all moot from here on.

Last edited:
Except you posted the same 'bet' over and over again, and then you still can't admit you were wrong anyway. Would you like to start the 'bet' again so you can still get be right?

It's hilarious..... It's what 5 year olds do.....

"Starting frooooom now...."

"No.... Now"

"Re-set, re-set, re-set......... Startiiiiiing frooooom NOW!"

:contesmile:

Last edited:
My guy, we've had a very good Summer sining a load of players and backing the manager, we have one of the best coaches in the world and even our beloved ENIC finally seem to be listening to us fans yet all you wanna do is participate in mud slinging with your own fans and re-hash old tired arguments on the internet.

What are you struggling with here?
Ha ha!! Have a word with yourself man. All the mud slinging is coming from the likes of yourself and Airfixx Airfixx at those who post an opinion you don't like.

Don Corleone Don Corleone for example..... Posts an honest opinion that he thinks there won't be any more meaningful incomings and shit gets thrown at him by the spadeful.

And as I said, I admire your honesty. If a few others followed your example we'd know exactly where we all stood.

And to clarify once again, I think we've had a decent window so far. Still a few areas that need improving, if, as Antonio himself says, we want to be more than just top 4 contenders.

But I applaud Daniel Levy for the hard work he's done in A) appointing him and b) finally keeping hold of our best players like Kane and Sonny

Emerson has never played CB (apart from in some people's imagination) while Doherty has played there several times (also for Ireland).
It’s not really CB per se…. Certainly easier for a full back than in a 442 CB pairing. I don’t really care for Docherty’s odd appearance there for a god awful Ireland side. Royal looks far more likely to do a job there than him based on the 30 or so games I’ve watched them play

Important to reflect on the fact we paid that absolute fraud £8M per annum, and some lunatic posters defended Levy for his decision.
Why is that important? It's a dark spell in our recent history that only you seem determined to keep dragging up in order to score points.

Let it go pal, unless your sole reason is to cause arguments?

With past ITK there have been some connected to the board, some with jobs at the training ground, some related to important certain female South Africans that work for the club, some journalists, and the guy who was employed to find housing for incoming signings.

The rest, which is by far the vast majority, are basement-dwelling virgins lying out of their arses for a hint of the attention they desperately crave in real life.

Below all of that is Hercules.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ha ha!! Have a word with yourself man. All the mud slinging is coming from the likes of yourself and Airfixx Airfixx at those who post an opinion you don't like.

Don Corleone Don Corleone for example..... Posts an honest opinion that he thinks there won't be any more meaningful incomings and shit gets thrown at him by the spadeful.

And as I said, I admire your honesty. If a few others followed your example we'd know exactly where we all stood.

And to clarify once again, I think we've had a decent window so far. Still a few areas that need improving, if, as Antonio himself says, we want to be more than just top 4 contenders.

But I applaud Daniel Levy for the hard work he's done in A) appointing him and b) finally keeping hold of our best players like Kane and Sonny

What particular post that I've sent would you consider mud slinging in response to Don Corleone's?

Regardless of all this nonsense I don't even know why you're so hung up to prove something so pointless, let it go.

What particular post that I've sent would you consider mud slinging in response to Don Corleone's?

Regardless of all this nonsense I don't even know why you're so hung up to prove something so pointless, let it go.
Ummm...You started the mud slinging accusations matey.🥴. Aimed specifically at yours truly.

I just replied to you :contelol:

Last edited:
Why is that important? It's a dark spell in our recent history that only you seem determined to keep dragging up in order to score points.

Let it go pal, unless your sole reason is to cause arguments?
It’s not an argument, no-one disagrees

A bit of reflection from the recent past actually makes me enjoy the current situation and be so thankful!

Not sure all the history behind all the comments but ultimately the buck stops with Levy. Good or bad, all hires down from him are from people he has employed. When I look back at his rein there has, for me, been more good than bad. Hopefully the recent trend continues but it is in its infancy. That being said football changes so quickly things rarely get the opportunity to mature
Levy's been, on balance, a very good, indeed probably great CEO/Chairman. Given the budgetary constraints, we've moved forward a long way, to the point we were invited to join a European Super League. There will always be fuck ups and mistakes - letting Glenn sign loads of old players for one - but impressive in the round.

But Levy as minority owner and Lewis as majority owner have been long on stability and short on trophies. Not all bad but not enough for Levy's practical achievements to eliminate criticism of our ownership. Nothing that a CL or league title wouldn't fix!

PUL IT OFF

Chelsea ‘interested in Christian Pulisic swap transfer for Nicolo Zaniolo with Roma as Blues winger looks to quit’​

• 13:32, 11 Aug 2022
  • Updated: 16:31, 11 Aug 2022
CHELSEA are reportedly interested in a swap deal that would see Christian Pulisic go to Roma - and see Tottenham target Nicolo Zaniolo head the other way.
The Blues' American star is increasingly frustrated with his game time at Stamford Bridge and may find his route into the team further blocked after the signing of Raheem Sterling.

Show me the exact rule where it says a woman can not play for a male team (after a certain age). I just watched a local boys' 15 team having a female player (and, no, she was not gender fluid, etc)
I remember a few years ago (must be 10-15 years no) when a Seri A club had a female player on trial and wanted to play her - but, naturally, she was never deemed good enough.
So they must have changed the rules since then

Looks like Spurs are keen on particularly 3 young center-backs right now: Ronnie Edwards, Ashley Phillips and Illya Zabarnyi.
However, if they do fancy him why don't Spurs just go for him rather than ..." go back to if the window of opportunity is there for him.” Whatever that really means...

Tottenham Hotspur could make a late move for Illya Zabarnyi, according to football.london reporter Alasdair Gold

The ever-reliable journalist revealed a fresh update on Spurs’ transfer plans ahead of the final few weeks of the window to supporters during a recent YouTube video.

He said:
“I think the key with Spurs, it’s about the opportunities.
“I’ve said before Ilya Zabarnyi, the young Ukrainian centre-back is a player that they really like, and he’s someone they’ll go back to if the window of opportunity is there for him.”

Last edited:
Ummm...You started the mud slinging accusations matey.🥴. Aimed specifically at yours truly.

I just replied to you :contelol:
You replied to a post that had 3 words, you even quoted it! I'm not the best at anagrams, but I'm just not seeing enough letters in I Love ENIC to make a mud slinging post aimed specifically at you.

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

Back
Top Bottom