Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is only 6 minutes long, but well worth a watch, it's the story of Alexandre Villaplane, France's captain at the 1930 World Cup.

If you think some footballers of today can be shitbags, none to my knowledge have collaborated with Nazis and willingly performed execution of civilians like Villaplane did.

I would think some may have seen this before, but this is one that Sky did in 2006 about a then con man called Alessandro Zarrelli who lied his way into clubs in Northern Ireland & Wales despite being a terrible footballer, think Ali Dia on a longer scale.

He would go on to have a semi-pro career in football afterwards, before sadly dying in a car accident in 2018.

I am currently watching the Simeone series on Amazon Prime. There's a section in the second episode which includes a highlight reel of his best shithousing while at Sevilla set to classical music that is just brilliant TV.

Definitely an interesting man.

I am currently watching the Simeone series on Amazon Prime. There's a section in the second episode which includes a highlight reel of his best shithousing while at Sevilla set to classical music that is just brilliant TV.

Definitely an interesting man.
This is one of my fav docs (I've posted the English version in here before but like so much on YouTube looks like it's been pulled).

Anyway, here is a non-English version, it doesn't matter too much as the clip I want to refer to is only short, literally a few seconds and there's no speaking. I have played a few games but it's rare thing that any of my managers have got pre-match stuff right, here Simeone nails it for me. When he was river Manager he had his team warm-up under the stands prior to the Classico away to Bocca. He just paces around between the players, as the clip progresses you can see him talking. Again tiny, tiny thing and maybe it's the film that's atmospheric but I'd want my manager to be with me pre-match like this. (clip is at 1:11:28)

This is fucking great!!!!

Obviously I'm not a fan of Bellerin (or his 'fashion sense') but fair play to the guy, he comes across pretty well, and - dare I say - even likeable...?🫢 Dammit!

This is one of my fav docs (I've posted the English version in here before but like so much on YouTube looks like it's been pulled).

Anyway, here is a non-English version, it doesn't matter too much as the clip I want to refer to is only short, literally a few seconds and there's no speaking. I have played a few games but it's rare thing that any of my managers have got pre-match stuff right, here Simeone nails it for me. When he was river Manager he had his team warm-up under the stands prior to the Classico away to Bocca. He just paces around between the players, as the clip progresses you can see him talking. Again tiny, tiny thing and maybe it's the film that's atmospheric but I'd want my manager to be with me pre-match like this. (clip is at 1:11:28)

A great watch, thanks for sharing.
Have always wanted to visit and see a match at La Bombonera!

Obviously I'm not a fan of Bellerin (or his 'fashion sense') but fair play to the guy, he comes across pretty well, and - dare I say - even likeable...?🫢 Dammit!

Bellerin was always one of the more likeable ones from that mob, I feel. Seems to be switched on with his views on global issues and he hates the tories too.

Looking forward to this.

Just watched it.

Figo is a liar, that’s clear. All he wanted was more money and I can understand that, but don’t go to most popular newspapers in Barcelona and tell them you are staying 100%. Or tell you made decision because you didn’t felt respected from the board. Figo was an icon in Barcelona. Probably most loved player with Messi in recent history.

Good documentary though.

Just watched it.

Figo is a liar, that’s clear. All he wanted was more money and I can understand that, but don’t go to most popular newspapers in Barcelona and tell them you are staying 100%. Or tell you made decision because you didn’t felt respected from the board. Figo was an icon in Barcelona. Probably most loved player with Messi in recent history.

Good documentary though.

I was surprised there was no mention of the pigs head. Though was that the following season? Which they didn't really go into.

I actually had no idea the Southampton/Portsmouth rivalry was so deep until I watched this:

It's very good. There are a few of the Portsmouth faces who have appeared on other docs - Danny Dyer, I think - but the Southampton fellows are quite funny, especially the bloke who is sitting outside talking with the interviewer on the day of the Bournemouth game.

The Atalanta/Brescia Derby Days doc is fantastic - a full hour long but a really good watch into the history of the clubs/regions.

Was a decent watch. Things have changed so much since then.
Still can’t believe how Liverpool got off lightly for the murder of 39 Juventus fans. Every other club was punished as much as them.
English fans were fucking animals whenever they went abroad, Heysel was the final straw.

What they did in Heysel wasnt that different to what they would do every week. Except in this case the ground was shit so the walls collapsed.

But instead of doing what normal human beings do and blame their own fans for being fucking lunatics, they blamed the ground, uefa, the police and even chelsea fans. After all, they used to charge the opposition end all the time no problem, so it cant be their fault. Instead it has to be everyone elses fault for not creating perfect conditions for them to be psychopaths without consequence.

Back
Top Bottom