Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully, but I don't expect the red cards to be rescinded.

Every football fan in the country luvved it.

But the FA will get all prim and proper to discourage other coaches from having touchline barneys.

That said, compared with peak Mourinho's slide down the Old Trafford line, Tuchel's gangly canter was utterly embarrassing. He deserves a 10 match ban just for that.

Whilst our players will be watching clips of Conte squaring up to Tuchel and luvving it.

Nah I reckon they'll like this kind of shit, good for entertainment purposes.

The one thing that Tuchel did say that I liked was when he called out Sky. Basically saying that they spend the week building it up as a massive game so they can't then be surprised when it kicks off.

The rest of what he said was bollocks though.

The one thing that Tuchel did say that I liked was when he called out Sky. Basically saying that they spend the week building it up as a massive game so they can't then be surprised when it kicks off.

The rest of what he said was bollocks though.

Yeah I agreed with him there, think he handled Weasel Shreeves attempts to get some juicy gossip pretty well.

Im a big fan of Conte but I don’t think he covered himself in glory today. Apparently the managers handbook he subscribes to says you can’t make any subs until 60 minutes, but it was plain for all to see that changes should have been made after 30 minutes. And to send the same team back on after half time with no changes at all was mindless, perhaps I should say rudderless.

So, for me, Conte gets a Could Do Better.
Fortunately, I’m sure he will.

I mean you could argue he should have subbed Sonny for Perisic right after our 1st goal, but I think he wanted to wait a bit to see if we had the momentum to go and grab another with Son on the field. Unfortunately the risk didn’t work out and the defence got exposed in a back 4 again. Luckily he noticed this and made the change back to 3-4-3 right after Chelsea’s 2nd goal.

Bottom line - Perisic and Bissouma need to start next game

The coach of the famous Spurs, Antonio Conte:

"I think this game is an important game for both clubs. For sure for me it was important because to lose three games in a row against the same coach I don't like. I hate to lose and you know very well I try to transfer my mentality and my passion into my players because you can be good tactically, technically but then you need good blood in your vein to fight for something important. I think we have started a process in this aspect and today I am happy because my players wanted to stay in the game despite the difficulty of the game."

Every word Conte said on red card, Tuchel, Chelsea and changing Spurs' tactics

Im a big fan of Conte but I don’t think he covered himself in glory today. Apparently the managers handbook he subscribes to says you can’t make any subs until 60 minutes, but it was plain for all to see that changes should have been made after 30 minutes. And to send the same team back on after half time with no changes at all was mindless, perhaps I should say rudderless.

So, for me, Conte gets a Could Do Better.
Fortunately, I’m sure he will.
Agree subs could have been abit earlier as we weren't good in the first half but it was only 1-0 so maybe he thought we were still in the game. Bringing Richarlison on was a great decision, it changed the game. I thought the first sub would have been Perisic but this was a good sub.

Passion wise he was brilliant, its what the club needs, someone with abit of bottle, who's won trophies who knows what it takes to knick last minute goals. Too long we have let Chelsea just roll over us. Footballing wise we were rubbish but how many goals is that now in last minute of games, no coincidence that has come since Conte has been in charge. His belief and attitude rubs off on the players and if they see the manager fighting with passion then they will too.

Ironically I felt like we struggled against teams who played 3 at the back last year. Though this was more of an issue for us in attack than in defense.
We still do as evidenced today. James was totally unmarked on a wingback overload- bread and butter attack from a back 3 formation.

He definitely should have made some changes immediately as the second half kicked-off. With 5 subs needs to utilise them better. Was glad to see him switch it up to a back 4 though.

Got to love his passion.

Now that Conte has more pieces to play with, I was encouraged by his willingness to throw out his 3-4-3 and switch to 4-2-4 to enable Richarlison to add physicality and energy through the middle.

Clearly we got done for the chavs' second goal because both our CBs moved over to the right as if we were playing with 3 CBs, not 2, and this left Davies overloaded. Conte perhaps should have switched back to 3-4-3 once we equalized.

But if we are going to play with Kane & Richarlison up front, and some combination of Deki, Sonny, Perisic etc out wide, perhaps with an orthodox FB behind them, then I 100% trust Conte to sort the defensive problems out on the training ground.

Just as he said we would be working on zonal defending at set pieces.

It was the second game of the season, new players are learning Conte's demands and he's learning about them.

We showed great spirit. Our players will take far more from that comeback than the chavs. And Conte showed he is willing to explore different tactical approaches.

He definitely should have made some changes immediately as the second half kicked-off. With 5 subs needs to utilise them better. Was glad to see him switch it up to a back 4 though.

Got to love his passion.
was amazed he didnt make at least 2 subs at half time. did get better after the system change though.

he needs to stick a rocket up kanes arse because hes far too lacklustre at the minute in high intensity games and his calmness is acting as a negative not a positive. needs to be stricter with son too if hes not playing well and hes losing the ball he needs to be taken off, thought that was the whoe point of having a strong squad with good options.

Back
Top Bottom