Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky saying Chelsea have bid £40m for Anthony Gordon. Way over the top and dont see the need for him there.

Gordon would be am alternate to Kulusevski for whom we currently have no real back up to give creativity/assists- Richarlison can cover Kane and Son positions as strikers/goalscoring. But if tyhat £42m is real, I can't see Gordon coming as he'd be way over priced

Perisic and Udogie next season lovely jubbly.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sess - I wouldn't expect him to get much game time with those two ahead of him.

I guess we'll assess how he does this year and then decide whether to persevere or move him on.

Last chance saloon for Sessegnon this season, I feel.

Udogie is only 19 years old though. Conte may decide that sending him on loan to a Premier League team next season might be better use of him and keep Perisic and Sessegnon on again.

Last chance saloon for Sessegnon this season, I feel.

Udogie is only 19 years old though. Conte may decide that sending him on loan to a Premier League team next season might be better use of him and keep Perisic and Sessegnon on again.
He put up great numbers in Serie A last season I think he is seen as first-team ready.

He put up great numbers in Serie A last season I think he is seen as first-team ready.

Maybe so. But the Premier League is a different animal.

Development is key at his age and coming to a new league at 20 years old to compete with Ivan Perisic won't be easy. Especially when he needs to be playing games consistently.

I think it's a shame we didn't push to get James Maddison, would allow us to play a different formation with just two up front, if a change was required.
Once again, as been said by so many other people. CONTE DOESNT WANT HIM.

Also he’s a Woolwich rat and not even close to being worth the price Leicester wants for him.

It was Chelsea's tactics and Conte's inability to change it early on.

Chelsea were tactically perfect in that first half. Didn't let us to do anything on the ball or off the ball. We were lucky they only managed to go into the break at 1 up. But Conte really should have changed something in the first half to keep them guessing. And he certainly should have switched it up at half time instead of waiting mid way through the second half.

It wouldn't have mattered what players we had. Tuchel had Conte's number for 60 minutes. I said it in the match thread. We had the exact same players against the best team in the country and we not only outplayed them but beat them at their own ground last season.
So in that case Pep is far inferior tactically than both Tuchel and Conte.

Keep it up and Gianni Vio is going to be our signing of the season.
nCTlqfsoTo4Cdb7Nvv_RNwS3Wz1rC-kErSdywP8UFPk.jpg

Gordon would be am alternate to Kulusevski for whom we currently have no real back up to give creativity/assists- Richarlison can cover Kane and Son positions as strikers/goalscoring. But if tyhat £42m is real, I can't see Gordon coming as he'd be way over priced
It might be worth paying over odds, with say £25m rising to £40m at 150games or such, given weakening them further would nourish our HG restrictions and enhance Allis likelihood to appear, which £10m chunks rely on!

It might be worth paying over odds, with say £25m rising to £40m at 150games or such, given weakening them further would nourish our HG restrictions and enhance Allis likelihood to appear, which £10m chunks rely on!

They'd never do a deal with 150 appearances. Way too easy for it to never materialize. Everton would be slaughtered by their fans for selling Gordon after already losing Richarlison.

Some clubs can spend £110-120m on backup wingbacks... :cool:

Chelsea open talks over a £40m move for Everton starlet Anthony Gordon as they target the 21-year-old as competition for Reece James at right wing-back... but Everton want AT LEAST £50m​

• Anthony Gordon, 21, is getting interest from Chelsea, who want a £40m move
  • Everton have no interest in losing Gordon, who is now a mainstay in their side
  • Chelsea view Gordon as a young player capable of challenging Reece James
  • Thomas Tuchel wants to add more competition at right wing-back this summer
By SAMI MOKBEL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 20:44 BST, 14 August 2022 | UPDATED: 01:08 BST, 15 August 2022

Back
Top Bottom