Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how epic it was the final "battle" conte Vs tuchel with the chorus in the background of the fans "antonio, antonioooo antonioo antonioo antoniooo"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

The good: Loved the antics, loved that he’s turned us into a bunch of warriors that are willing to go into the trenches.

The bad: he can consider himself to be very fortunate that the game wasn’t out of reach before he made those changes. Tuchel has badded him up tactically for 5 and a half hours of play.

The good: Loved the antics, loved that he’s turned us into a bunch of warriors that are willing to go into the trenches.

The bad: he can consider himself to be very fortunate that the game wasn’t out of reach before he made those changes. Tuchel has badded him up tactically for 5 and a half hours of play.

I think the Tuchel Box tactics which have now hit us twice I am wondering if in the first half Conte expected something different from Chelsea because we looked a lot better second half with adjustments.

You would assume when we play them at home later on the season we will start with different tactics. He used to use 352 all the time, maybe some variation on that.

Against those high pressing teams we need to start players like Lenglet and Bissouma who are a bit more press resistant and smarter with the ball at their feet i.e don't treat the ball like a hot potato, it was a good work out and showed the level we need to reach in order to deal with these sort of teams but mentally we've come on leaps and bounds which is great to see, mentality is one of the hardest things to improve on in sports so I'm happy with that.

Against those high pressing teams we need to start players like Lenglet and Bissouma who are a bit more press resistant and smarter with the ball at their feet i.e don't treat the ball like a hot potato, it was a good work out and showed the level we need to reach in order to deal with these sort of teams but mentally we've come on leaps and bounds which is great to see, mentality is one of the hardest things to improve on in sports so I'm happy with that.
Yeah, we stayed in the fight and always had a punchers chance.

And despite all their pressure and territorial dominance in that first hour, I don’t remember Lloris getting peppered tbh.

Yeah, we stayed in the fight and always had a punchers chance.

And despite all their pressure and territorial dominance in that first hour, I don’t remember Lloris getting peppered tbh.

Lloris actually didn't have that much to do...

We've dominated other games where he's had more work to do, tbh.

So everyone can bang on about chelsea dominating as much as they like, yes they controlled it up until we brought Richarlison on, but they didn't actually DO that much.

Don't see it happening. 2 yellows innit.

Yeah, but the ref’s love us more than any other team in the PL. They might make an exception 😉

In all seriousness, I have no idea how appealing cards work, I’m just going off of Ali G’s latest article

Spurs will surely appeal Conte's straight red card for the incident because in that moment he did nothing wrong other than shout at Tuchel to let his hand go. Conte admitted he shouted aggressively at his Chelsea counterpart but there was nothing physical to his response.”

For the regulatory authorities of all sports (eg the EPL, NFL, FIFA etc) it's usually not about the actual nature of the offence.

It's about what they perceive, in their money-grabbing, brand-building, marketing-obsessed mindset, as protecting the "image of the game".

It comes down to whether the PL considers the actions of gangly plonker Tuchel & "meet aggressivity with aggressivity" Conte damage the worldwide brand.

Football fans around the world hugely enjoyed the touchline theatrics. We want more.

Instead, the PL may ridiculously insist that the coaches of a contact sport must behave like choirboys at all times and hit Conte & Tuchel with bans pour encourager les autres....

Since I'm currently in the countryside I only managed to get a few seconds of freezed frames out of my stream yesterday, and now that Serie A has started I'll be able to follow you guys less.

Even so, I then watched some highlights and read some post-match comments to get an idea. From what I gathered, you didn't play well and Conte was once again beaten quite clearly. You still grabbed a point and, more importantly, robbed Chelsea of two.

And I think Conte could go either way from this game, because he's not incapable of change but he's also very, very stubborn. So he usually changes only after crushing defeats, even if it would be better to do so earlier; a bit like his substitutions.

I honestly can't see you winning the title, just because Conte usually isn't 100% perfect during his campaigns and so he wins when his rivals make some mistakes. So, with City being pretty much spotless in these couple years, I can't see it happening. If they were a little bit more unsure, I could see you grabbing that minimal chance he normally needs to pounce on it. I'll obviously will be very happy if you manage to do it by some miracle, but it would really be the most difficult race he's won so far as a manager.

For the regulatory authorities of all sports (eg the EPL, NFL, FIFA etc) it's usually not about the actual nature of the offence.

It's about what they perceive, in their money-grabbing, brand-building, marketing-obsessed mindset, as protecting the "image of the game".

It comes down to whether the PL considers the actions of gangly plonker Tuchel & "meet aggressivity with aggressivity" Conte damage the worldwide brand.

Football fans around the world hugely enjoyed the touchline theatrics. We want more.

Instead, the PL may ridiculously insist that the coaches of a contact sport must behave like choirboys at all times and hit Conte & Tuchel with bans pour encourager les autres....
Agreed. And yet for TP, nothing.

Since I'm currently in the countryside I only managed to get a few seconds of freezed frames out of my stream yesterday, and now that Serie A has started I'll be able to follow you guys less.

Even so, I then watched some highlights and read some post-match comments to get an idea. From what I gathered, you didn't play well and Conte was once again beaten quite clearly. You still grabbed a point and, more importantly, robbed Chelsea of two.

And I think Conte could go either way from this game, because he's not incapable of change but he's also very, very stubborn. So he usually changes only after crushing defeats, even if it would be better to do so earlier; a bit like his substitutions.

I honestly can't see you winning the title, just because Conte usually isn't 100% perfect during his campaigns and so he wins when his rivals make some mistakes. So, with City being pretty much spotless in these couple years, I can't see it happening. If they were a little bit more unsure, I could see you grabbing that minimal chance he normally needs to pounce on it. I'll obviously will be very happy if you manage to do it by some miracle, but it would really be the most difficult race he's won so far as a manager.

He changed formation during the match to be fair, I think he knows Tuchel has his number and it would have been the 4th time in a row he would have beaten him so he had to change.

He changed formation during the match to be fair, I think he knows Tuchel has his number and it would have been the 4th time in a row he would have beaten him so he had to change.
Yep, I was talking about how he'll start next games. As I said, it could go either way but it's highly possible that he doesn't change starting formation just yet.

Yep, I was talking about how he'll start next games. As I said, it could go either way but it's highly possible that he doesn't change starting formation just yet.

He shouldn't do, Klopp and Pep don't either.

If you believe in your system you make it work one way or another and if it's not working you improve on it.

Back
Top Bottom