Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Sucks The Office GIF

This is intresting.

We seemed all in for getting rid on loan earlier in the window. Now all of a sudden, he's making the bench and we don't want to sell. He's either really impressing in training, willing to try out a new position or we're going to be switching to a potential 424 type hybrid which benefits having Gil in the team.

This is intresting.

We seemed all in for getting rid on loan earlier in the window. Now all of a sudden, he's making the bench and we don't want to sell. He's either really impressing in training, willing to try out a new position or we're going to be switching to a potential 424 type hybrid which benefits having Gil in the team.

I think its more to do with pace of selling/loaning outgoings (Ndombele, Reguilon, Winks - first one in particular as he's on big wages) and the limited pool of incoming AM's who we are interested in.

If we can offload Ndomele we probably free up a lot of wages - and in turn we may get an AM in. But not a lot around we fancy, so if we don't get one in we are better hanging onto Gil as cover.

Still 2 weeks to go before window closes, so if we do get in one of our desired AM's still plenty of time to loan Gil out

This is intresting.

Wasn't the word that we want him to go on loan to a club with European football? Maybe we are just blocking approaches from clubs that cannot offer that for now. Like, Valencia seem keen but they cannot offer any form of European ball.

Interesting appointment.

With this restructuring behind the scenes it feels like we are set long term, even if Conte leaves after this or next season. Heck, that dangling over their heads may have even been a catalyst for it.

It is nice to see us get our shit together.

Interesting appointment.

With this restructuring behind the scenes it feels like we are set long term, even if Conte leaves after this or next season. Heck, that dangling over their heads may have even been a catalyst for it.

It is nice to see us get our shit together.

I hope everybody has looked at us as a sleeping giant, and knows it would be fucking huge making us the best in Europe via legitimate means. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Imagine that on your cv

I think its more to do with pace of selling/loaning outgoings (Ndombele, Reguilon, Winks - first one in particular as he's on big wages) and the limited pool of incoming AM's who we are interested in.

If we can offload Ndomele we probably free up a lot of wages - and in turn we may get an AM in. But not a lot around we fancy, so if we don't get one in we are better hanging onto Gil as cover.

Still 2 weeks to go before window closes, so if we do get in one of our desired AM's still plenty of time to loan Gil out
I agree.

But the upside is that Gil is clearly showing enough in training for Conte to keep him involved (both match day squads) and to consider including him in our final PL & CL squads if we can't get one of our primary targets such as Zaniolo.

Definitely not in a cm2. He’s not really a 10 either. He’s more of a very attacking biased 8 (Lazio usually play a 433). He’s got some technical ability and an eye for a goal/pass/assist. He definitely lacks dynamism and is pretty shit without the ball, but in and around the oppo box he’s pretty productive in SerieA. Whether he’d transfer that level of productivity to the PL is very debatable.

Personally I’d pass. He’s a very niche player, that fits where he is. Our midfield is already laborious. I don’t think he’ll enjoy the pace of the PL as much, he’s a bit of a plodder now, and he’s 27, so fuck knows how slow he’ll be in a couple of years, and will have little resale upside if we want to move him on.

Maybe Conte sees him as that Maddison/Eriksen piece for the toolkit. Someone who can be an 8/10 hybrid. But we don’t play (start) a cm3 ever.

Seems like another fairly big investment fee/wages for a player who may well not start much.

enfield1985
I’ve just watched the Lazio/Bologna game from Sunday. SMS actually ended up playing most of the game in a makeshift CM2 because Lazio’s keeper got sent off early on. He actually did ok, in his trundly way, helped by Bologna going down to 10 men 30 mins later. Played a smart little through ball for the winner.

I’m terms of technical and raw productive ability, he’s probably better than Maddison, (one thing I forgot to mention is he’s strong on the ball and can actually move with it, hard to knock off it, but in terms of energy and age, he’s compromised.

Back
Top Bottom