Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are plenty of teams who want him. They just happen to be all outside the PL, which means they can't afford anything above 20 mil.

Bullshit.
We would have given him away for 15 mil EUR.

It was even speculated that our expectation was ~17 mEUR.

Right now we are just giving him away for free. Cause that is best we can get.
And it is fcking sad.

Nunes is a forward thinking 8 that can also play box to box. Sporting play a 3-4-3 same as us and his role is slightly more advanced than Bentancur I’d say. He’s not an advanced playmaker like Maddison, Paqueta etc. but more forward thinking than any of our midfielders, he occasionally gets goals from runs into the box from midfield as well. He would slot right into our 3-4-3 and I think he could be the third mid in a 3-5-2 based on his skill set.
I will say I think he is slightly inconsistent and that might be the reason Liverpool and City haven’t made their interest concrete.

He also scored a gorgeous long shot last weekend:

This aged well.. should be a steal of a signing for Wolves. But like I said, he can be pretty inconsistent and hides from the ball sometimes. Not really upset

For fuck sake, we'd be willing to give Lo Celso away for 1/3 for what we paid for.

There are literally NOT A SINGLE TEAM that would want him. What do you think, what does that reflect about him?
That he does not suit the premier league, the only league with a lot of cash. The only clubs with money outside the UK, PSG, Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern have no interest in him. He will play better playing every week in Spain.

Ndombele on the other hand is a player without the ambition and hard work which means he was happy to settle for what we were paying him.

Wtf is happening at Leicester btw not signed anyone and all there best players are under bids from other PL clubs

Strange happenings going on at that club me thinks

Swiss ramble February this year -
Leicester have now reported 3 consecutive years of losses, adding up to £121m.

My take their wage bill is too high and no European football again means they get no extra money this year. They won’t make money commercially.
Their fans won’t pay top prices for tickets. Only so much you can charge for a packet of walkers crisps.

Back to where they belong soon.

Obscurity.

Swiss ramble February this year -
Leicester have now reported 3 consecutive years of losses, adding up to £121m.

Surely that breaches FFP then?

It's such a con...... By rights Everton should have found themselves with a points deduction last season and thus relegated.

Meanwhile, this mob ought to be feeling the heat of a fire-sale right now.... Not merely a dry window.

My take their wage bill is too high and no European football again means they get no extra money this year. They won’t make money commercially.
Their fans won’t pay top prices for tickets. Only so much you can charge for a packet of walkers crisps.

Back to where they belong soon.

Obscurity.

Solution:

Clappers - £50 a pop.

This aged well.. should be a steal of a signing for Wolves. But like I said, he can be pretty inconsistent and hides from the ball sometimes. Not really upset
"Steal" is correct.

Jorge Mendes is up to his old tricks involving Wolves, with whom he has a long term relationship.

With Matheus Nunes moving to Wolves despite bigger clubs being interested, I suspect this means there's a buyer for Ruben Neves at a much bigger price.

Could be manure or the chavs or even the dippers given their injury crisis. Barca were interested earlier in the window, but they surely can't sell any more of their future income.

Anyway, for me this is less of a transfer, and more an agent moving his assets around, like some capitalist game of musical chairs.

"Steal" is correct.

Jorge Mendes is up to his old tricks involving Wolves, with whom he has a long term relationship.

With Matheus Nunes moving to Wolves despite bigger clubs being interested, I suspect this means there's a buyer for Ruben Neves at a much bigger price.

Could be manure or the chavs or even the dippers given their injury crisis. Barca were interested earlier in the window, but they surely can't sell any more of their future income.

Anyway, for me this is less of a transfer, and more an agent moving his assets around, like some capitalist game of musical chairs.
How the F is his relationship with Wolves legal. They pay him a consulting fee and he guides a number of his clients to go there.

Back
Top Bottom