Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely that breaches FFP then?

It's such a con...... By rights Everton should have found themselves with a points deduction last season and thus relegated.

Meanwhile, this mob ought to be feeling the heat of a fire-sale right now.... Not merely a dry window.

Solution:

Clappers - £50 a pop.

Don't forget under ffp there are allowable losses for youth, womens game etc, so any of the losses attributable to those activities are deducted from total losses.

ffp also adjusted for covid over last 2 seasons (can't recall exactly how) which allows for larger losses.

KEEP: GIL, SARR, TANGY
SELL/LOAN: REGGIE, WINKS, NDOMBELE, GLC
WARCHEST -> LEVY TIME/WINTER WINDOW
Yelling Steve Carell GIF

Don't forget under ffp there are allowable losses for youth, womens game etc, so any of the losses attributable to those activities are deducted from total losses.

What's that? ......A few million at most?

ffp also adjusted for covid over last 2 seasons (can't recall exactly how) which allows for larger losses.

I don't think a figure was ever released....... As is often the convenient case (and open to abuse), it seems to have been discretionary.

In the case of Everton though, they were deemed in breach and were given til end of June to sort their books out..... The should never been allowed to facotr in this summer's trf income against last year's financial figures.. That was f'kn bogus.

I would be amazed if Winks was still here come the end of the transfer window. He has to understand that there is no way back into contention in any game for us now.
Think it's a pride thing for him.

Plenty of clubs would take him, at the very least on loan. He probably just thinks he should be playing at a top 6 club or something similar.

What's that? ......A few million at most?

I don't think a figure was ever released....... As is often the convenient case (and open to abuse), it seems to have been discretionary.

In the case of Everton though, they were deemed in breach and were given til end of June to sort their books out..... The should never been allowed to facotr in this summer's trf income against last year's financial figures.. That was f'kn bogus.

It will vary from club to club, but minimum for youth might be £10m ..... for all activities (including others such as costs of building infrastructure not capitalised such as architects fees etc) it could easily be say £25m a year - so for a 3 year ffp period that could be £75m,,,,,. not just a couple of million

Last edited:

FFP is a bunch of bullshit. The Premier League have basically allowed Chelsea and Man City to keep fake books for years.

Really does feel like Conte is committing long term to the club.

Well, hopefully.

I think he will extend his contract.

He can now see that Levy has an intention to spend in the transfer market, but at the same time knows that this squad can't be fixed in just two transfer windows.

If he feels he is halfway through this project come the end of the season knowing the above then why would he leave to start at ground zero at another club, especially with the backroom and scouting staff and management that is now in place?

I think we are in a better place to progress now then at any time since the early sixties.

I have been ST holder for almost forty years and have to say that I have never been so optimistic about the direction the club is heading in.

That said I have seen more false dawns then I care to remember....

1997-11-20T000000Z_1_MT1ACI155038_RTRMADP_3_ENGLAND-SOCCER-TOT.JPG

Think it's a pride thing for him.

Plenty of clubs would take him, at the very least on loan. He probably just thinks he should be playing at a top 6 club or something similar.

I think he's too much of a pussy to move away from home. Easy as that.
Doesn't give him any options. No London club is gonna want him, even Fulham and Palace.

Back
Top Bottom