Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte in his press conference didn’t exactly sound like he was desperate for more signings. Maybe we are done after all?
After watching Malinovskyi's left foot bangers and his wife's IG....

200.gif

1) but he hasn’t missed time due to suspensions. So you expect that to increase but his injury rate to be the same? Just as likely chance his injury rate decreases.

2) He’s played 24 of 40 PL games. So 66% available. Not great for sure but had a big hamstring problem last season and the Covid stuff too. He’s set to miss 1 game now and ppl are freaking out.

3) How are we going to bide our time? The option to buy has to happen this window as his loan will expire.

We’d be the laughingstock of the league if we didn’t sign him. Chelsea or United would drop 50m without thinking twice.

He missed 16 PL games.
We also have Champions league football (min 6 games)
We also have FA Cup
We also have league cup

If you overlay 16 Premier League games he missed in that 80 day period, he missed 2 FA Cup games, 3 league cup games, 2 Europa league games (would have been 3 if we played our final game)

He's off to a flier this season, having played 2 games and now likely to miss our next 5, maybe 6 games.
We have to keep an eye on this and any here who can't see this is out of the their mind.
If we have any way of delaying making this permanent then we have to use it to make the right decision.

If we don't, if we rush into it, we could be here in a years time moaning about how we have a £40m player we can't get rid of and possibly can't afford to replace who is never available.

He missed 16 PL games.
We also have Champions league football (min 6 games)
We also have FA Cup
We also have league cup

If you overlay 16 Premier League games he missed in that 80 day period, he missed 2 FA Cup games, 3 league cup games, 2 Europa league games (would have been 3 if we played our final game)

He's off to a flier this season, having played 2 games and now likely to miss our next 5, maybe 6 games.
We have to keep an eye on this and any here who can't see this is out of the their mind.
If we have any way of delaying making this permanent then we have to use it to make the right decision.

If we don't, if we rush into it, we could be here in a years time moaning about how we have a £40m player we can't get rid of and possibly can't afford to replace who is never available.
We have to make the buy decision before the end of this window. So you are saying no?

Forests shady looking Greek owner is totally not laundering money thru transfers. Not at all.

3 years ago l went to a christening in Kalamata .
My family are friends of a major cement producer owners in the Peloponnese. My mother worked for the BBC world service back in the 70s and would translate, help Greek families having complicated medical treatment usually in Harley Street.
Many became life long friends.
He sat at the main table , the baby briefly wore a Olympiakos football shirt , they played the Olympiakos theme tune as the baby entered the reception area after the orthodox Christian church service.
He is a giant and was the "Godfather" to the baby . We really had no idea who he was at the time but since, the perception in Greece is he is
dodgy , fraud , witnesses ending up dead , drug importing but nothing has been proved as he has major influence with politicians , owns a large chunk of the media ( he is in the parliament)
I don't think he has to money launder by buying average players at inflated prices as he many outlets that will raise no suspicion.

Oh dear, I am not an English teacher (and neither is ITV Hercules) but "possibly not" and "that's for sure" seem a bit contradictory in Hercules' response 🙄
ITV = In The Vagueness

Hercules:
To say nothing is in it is way off. But nothing imminent, and possibly not, that’s for sure. But we have investigated.

WE have investigated ? What about Spurs though ? Complete bollox

Exactly. No one knows. Not only about Romero, but about any player. If you can find me a player - at any price - that never gets injured and is as good as Cuti, please let me know.
I mean does anyone know what the terms of the loan to buy deal are.
I'd rather let him go and spend that money on another punt if the medical team have any indication something isn't right here.
As for finding a player who we know isn't injury prone, perhaps start by looking for some one with more games behind them.
In his first season in Argentina -15 games
2nd season - 4 games
1st season in Italy - 27

121 games in total in 6 season. Cards on the table, I don't have evidence, it just feels low to me. He's a part of the spine and we can't afford to mess this up. I have a concern that may take years for me to rid myself of.

There's a 0% chance we don't buy Romero, why are we even discussing this?

What am I missing?

He's our best defender, and it's not close. With him, we arguably need ANOTHER CB, now isn't the time to get rid of our best one and try to bring in 1-2 replacements.

I mean does anyone know what the terms of the loan to buy deal are.
I'd rather let him go and spend that money on another punt if the medical team have any indication something isn't right here.
As for finding a player who we know isn't injury prone, perhaps start by looking for some one with more games behind them.
In his first season in Argentina -15 games
2nd season - 4 games
1st season in Italy - 27

121 games in total in 6 season. Cards on the table, I don't have evidence, it just feels low to me. He's a part of the spine and we can't afford to mess this up. I have a concern that may take years for me to rid myself of.
You do realise that Leicester want £80m+ for Fofana, who is similarly talented, less beast more agile, but still.

Leipzig want £80m odd for their CB everyone craves.

You be trolling, no? We spent the same on Davison.

Back
Top Bottom