Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s still a good player and will be a big improvement for their terrible midfield, but spending 65 million and paying 350K per week for him is a classic United move.

Their fans will never learn either......

In the last week or so I've heard countless times "I'd be happy enough to play the kids and just accept a few years in the wilderness if it meant healthily rebuilding the culture of this club."......... The first sniff of new investment (be it partial or a takeover) they're all like "....how much will they spend??? .....who can we sign???"

Hope you are being sarcastic , he doesn't play with half the intensity of his younger days now. His legs are gone.

Typical ManU retirement home style signing, his mega wages is going to sink that joke of a club even deeper

He is not really a starter at RM anymore. I don’t think they’ll miss him much.

He’s still a good player and will be a big improvement for their terrible midfield, but spending 65 million and paying 350K per week for him is a classic United move.

It won't be 350 k a week. That's ridiculous but neither will it be peanuts.

What it is from a club like United is an absolutely scatterhun desperate approach.

If they are lucky they will come out of this with a top 8 side but right now they don't have a player who would feature in a best Prem squad of 22.

Phillips is 17. So there's a decision to be made, as 3 years at Spurs prior to the age of 21 would make him Club HG, which is the most valuable category of player for any team.

For me, it then becomes a balance between how much he would develop in, say, a Championship loan as opposed to staying at Spurs and learning from Conte & our defensive coaches.

At his age, spending at least the first half season at Spurs, training with the first team, could be really important in instilling good defensive habits and also getting him settled at the club. Then Conte & Paratici could make a decision in the January window based on his progress.
Dier is 28, whatever gets this guy developed to a level where he could take over in 3 years would be the way to go.

Dele Ali is done for as premier league footballer. He will be remembered as a good player for spurs who had the world at his feet. Let's move on from it all now and keep this thread about spurs transfers only lol

Hope you are being sarcastic , he doesn't play with half the intensity of his younger days now. His legs are gone.

Typical ManU retirement home style signing, his mega wages is going to sink that joke of a club even deeper
He's a good player. That being said, in RM he played in one of the best midfield 3 and in utd he's going to be knee deep in a shit swamp

Dier is 28, whatever gets this guy developed to a level where he could take over in 3 years would be the way to go.
Perhaps. But it's probably still unclear which CB position would best suit Phillips skillset. The CCB in Conte's system is the organiser, so they need a lot of experience & game intelligence.

I remember when we signed young CB Leigh Mills. IIRC he was captain of England U17s and a major prospect.

Sadly, it never worked out for him in terms of top flight football. Another reminder that there are no guarantees.

Leigh Mills - Wikipedia

I don't second guess Conte. After Kulusevski people should have learned. His age is irrelevant if they think he can add to our title aspirations goid enough for me. The hysteria from doubters when we signed Bentancur was insane full of all the doubts you have expressed. If they want the Ukrainian fine if they don't that's fine too. Hope that clarifies my disagree.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I also added to my post that I am sceptical, but if Conte and Paratici want him then so be it.
I also did not say he is a shit or useless player. I just brought out specific issues that curbed my enthusiasm.

I mean otherwise we should shut down this section of the forum - if Conte and Paratici want and Levy wills sign off = it happens; if any of them do not = it does not happen and all the discussions would be just pointless :D .

But it all seems irrelevant as this potential transfer if off the table and most likely we never were interested in him to begin with. If it would be between us and Marseille, and both would be equally interested then there would be no question about it.

Back
Top Bottom