Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The majority being you and a dozen or so other posters :harrylol:

Hate is a strong word, my friend. Be careful how you use I, and try and refrain from abusing other Spurs fans with a different opinion and maybe we can all co-exist peacefully

:coys:

I suppose you’re right about ‘hate’

I’ll downgrade that to ‘disliking the majority of your views’ 👍🏾

Your views are in the minority here, Joan, but I guess you’re entitled to them.

A few gave it 10 / 10

I think I gave it 5 and took dogs abuse at the time.
Turns out I was being generous

Hilary Duff GIF by YoungerTV

A few gave it 10 / 10

I think I gave it 5 and took dogs abuse at the time.
Turns out I was being generous

Your best imitation of Putin yet - lying for lying sake

Nobody (or may be one which I haven't seen gave the window 10 out of 10 .

You just invent stories just to try to validate your hate of the owners

Same story as when you invented lots of 'facts' to assert the stadium woud never be built with enic in charge

Hello hologram in Tottenham High Street ! And yes its a great way to remind everyone as to how accurate 'Moaner Thomas' is,

I suppose you’re right about ‘hate’

I’ll downgrade that to ‘disliking the majority of your views’ 👍🏾

Your views are in the minority here, Joan, but I guess you’re entitled to them.
Yes please dont use the word hate, it is so inflammatory and racist!

I only use it when describing how I feel about Gooner bastards!

ice cube door GIF

I would take Chaboloah as a Tanganga upgrade but not sure why he would swap Chelsea's bench for ours.

Ziyech on loan would a decent punt but I wouldn't want us to buy him outright.

Still hoping for some names to appear from nowhere in the next few days.

Window is definitely a solid 8.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong

Edit: If Skywalker disagrees, it means he actually agrees.

:contearms:

I think a 7/8 is more then fair.

We get another quality RWB in and a attacking minded midfielder so we can switch to a 3-5-2 it's a 10/10

But we have covered all the glaring weaknesses that we had in the side like cover for LCB a new LWB CM so we dont have to play winks and cover/comp for the front 3.

CB isn't really an issue for me IMO baring an injury crisis we are actually pretty solid there. Even City and Liverpool don't have a top end CB sat on there bench.

Liverpool depth is poor and City have Ake who is hardly world class. You won't convince a world class CB to come play rotation in a World Cup season

Last edited:
Just look at the difference in quality between the 2020 and 2022 windows and that'll give you your answer. And the timing of the signings. And that we got what the manager asked for, rather than what the club wanted to buy.
I would argue that Bale was a better player than Richarlison. Doherty as at that time was better than Spence is now. PEH was first team ready instantly and barely missed a game since. Hart and Fraser are nothing signings just designed to satisify a quota of HG players. Requilon was, at the time, a very exciting player we all thought we were lucky to get.

We were also top of the league after 12 games and went on an 11 game unbeaten run. Beat City. Beat Woolwich. Drew away to Chelsea. Robbed of a point at Anfield in injury time.

Much like this season really. A decent window, signed players in positions we needed, looked strong, had a lot of hope, got off to a good start etc.

Back
Top Bottom