Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sunscreen...gif

Even :bale2: likes

not-that-i-condone-fascism-or-any-ism-for-that.gif

Tottenham target Nicolas Spolli has claimed he turned down a deadline day move to North London because he prefers the sun in Sicily.
Spurs made a £7m bid to Catania for the Argentine defender.
But Spolli, 30, said: "The decision to stay at Catania dates back to before the end of last season.
"I met president (Antonino) Pulvirenti, and before any offers came in, I told him my only wish was to stay here.
"When the interest from Tottenham came in, the club didn't even need to ask me, because they knew what my reply would have been.
"This is what happened when the offer from Tottenham came in but there were other requests.
"Catania is a beautiful city.
"When you get the chance to have a couple of hours off, the sea and Mount Etna are two absolute joys for us."

Tottenham target Nicolas Spolli has claimed he turned down a deadline day move to North London because he prefers the sun in Sicily.
Spurs made a £7m bid to Catania for the Argentine defender.
But Spolli, 30, said: "The decision to stay at Catania dates back to before the end of last season.
"I met president (Antonino) Pulvirenti, and before any offers came in, I told him my only wish was to stay here.
"When the interest from Tottenham came in, the club didn't even need to ask me, because they knew what my reply would have been.
"This is what happened when the offer from Tottenham came in but there were other requests.
"Catania is a beautiful city.
"When you get the chance to have a couple of hours off, the sea and Mount Etna are two absolute joys for us."

7 Million for a 30 year old??

Portuguese journalist Gonçalo Lopes, who writes for Diário de Notícias, has reported fresh transfer news for Tottenham fans.

Despite Spurs’ lavish spending in the summer transfer window, Gonçalo Lopes has claimed that Andre Villas-Boas is requesting two additional signings when the window reopens in January.

According to Lopes, “depending on what he will do in Madrid, Coentrao is one of them”. Lopes went on to report that the Real Madrid and Portugal left-back turned down a move to White Hart Lane in the summer.

Coentrao is never going to come here. He issued a statement saying Man U was a step down.

This was posted on SC, and it is interesting:

Tottenham cleared to sign Sebastien Corchia as he confirms Sochaux exit

Tottenham have been cleared to sign Sebastien Corchia in the January transfer window after he confirmed his intention to leave Sochaux.

Corchia, 22, has been tracked by Spurs scouts for months, with Andre Villas-Boas strongly linked with a £5million bid over the summer.

The offer never arrived, but Villas-Boas remains keen on the player, and has now been given the green light to sign the player in the New Year.

‘I can leave Sochaux in January – the club have spoken with interested clubs,’ said Corchia.

I prefer to focus on the present at the moment, but leaving in January is a possibility.’

Corchia is widely regarded as one of the best players in French football, having impressed for Sochaux following his move from Le Mans in 2011.

A quick, strong and committed right-back, he can also play at left-back and on the wing, and would offer competition to Kyle Walker at White Hart Lane.

Sochaux are thought to want around £7million to consider doing business.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/12/totte...-corchia-as-he-confirms-sochaux-exit-3960710/

Is he any good?

Apparently he's rated quite highly by the French. Only problem here as pointed out by a poster on SC is if this is true, it's bad news for Adam Smith. Was hoping he'd be kept this season to push Walker, and this could spell the end of his Spurs career as no doubt there are some Prem clubs who will snap him up.

Apparently, we are making a move for El Shaarawy in the winter transfer window. That would be the other person who is on the FIFA cover not playing for the same team anymore. Also, we don't need him (in my opinion, unless he plays as a striker ((can he?)).

AS Roma are looking to move for Tottenham duo Holtby and Sandro. No. Just No.

Lloris on AS Monaco's wishlist. LOL HELL NO.

Finally, we are apparently monitoring Llorente's situation. He's a forward, but not the type we need.

Source: Goal.com

Apparently, we are making a move for El Shaarawy in the winter transfer window. That would be the other person who is on the FIFA cover not playing for the same team anymore. Also, we don't need him (in my opinion, unless he plays as a striker ((can he?)).

Finally, we are apparently monitoring Llorente's situation. He's a forward, but not the type we need.

Lloris has already ruled out Monaco, because he's a Nice fan I think

El Shaarawy would actually be exactly what we need. Young and can play LW/ST. He was having a fantastic season for Milan until Balotelli came in (wanna say he scored something like 15 goals the first semester, and two once Bally arrived), and was featuring regularly for Italy and now gets very limited minutes at best. We could be just the fresh challenge he would want to get his career back to where he wants. If he has a rough fall semester, he could push Milan pretty heavily in the winter of a WC year for a move.

Disclaimer: These comments are of course without keeping in mind the variability of likelihood of the situation.

Also, Roma don't need Holtby and would only pursue Sandro if de Rossi leaves. However, it's clear to note the pattern of media outlets rampaging on about our central mids leaving just because they're at Spurs and not receiving playing time. "It is impossible for Spurs to have depth, clearly they're looking to sell these players."

Back
Top Bottom