Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

more and more, I think it isnt possible for him to stop drinking. It really wouldnt surprise me if, everytime he tries to stop, some journo is trying to buy him a drink so they get headlines when he gets wankered .
Its Best, all over again

such a shame.. my hero growing up and im gutted he has become what he has today but you cant help someone who wont help themselves. be a sad day when he goes and i hope he is remembered for his football not for his drinking.

Without doubt one of my favourite Spurs players of all time, and possibly my first real hero.

Such a shame he is what he is. I honestly don't think he's a wrong 'un but just completely flawed and genuinely ill. Sadly I think he's beyond help but you never know.

The England team in the run up to the world cup in 98 were training in my home town in Spain (La Manga). Gazza got left out of the final squad and tore up the hotel in a rage. But he spent the whole time out there on a piss up. I remember because it was the talk of the town for ages. Every night he was in the nightclub and bars buying rounds being the centre of attention. It's very sad to see but this has been a long time coming,

It was so sad to watch such a great player reduced to a complete wreck. I got quite choked, especially when his mum spoke. He must frustrate his family so much. He is obviously very generous - his ex-wife, mum, dad and siblings all live in houses he bought, whilst he lives in a rented flat in Bournemouth. He spends a fortune on botox, but couldn't afford his rehab in America. He seemed to be doing really well, until he went on his latest bender. He obviously cannot control his craving for booze and unfortunately you can only see this ending in one way.

I've wondered that too, there was a Glenn Hoddle on twitter the other day tweeting back and forth with Lee Dixon and Ian Wright.

It's usually done by the blue tick, but there are things that this account tweets which makes me think he is real. He says a lot of personal things and @'s his family.

I'm going to keep investigating!

Back
Top Bottom