THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand the discussion about how much we spent and when. None of this changes the fact we have spent big since the stadium opened and we have spent well since Paratici arrived.

We suffered immensely from poor recruitment and not enough spending in the years before the new stadium opened but both those things have now been rectified. Just as there was a lag before results dipped, there’ll be a lag before results improve.

Also, thanks Deuterz Deuterz for calling out my harsh sin binning. I guess I was off topic…

I don’t understand the discussion about how much we spent and when. None of this changes the fact we have spent big since the stadium opened and we have spent well since Paratici arrived.

We suffered immensely from poor recruitment and not enough spending in the years before the new stadium opened but both those things have now been rectified. Just as there was a lag before results dipped, there’ll be a lag before results improve.

Also, thanks Deuterz Deuterz for calling out my harsh sin binning. I guess I was off topic…

Nws. We disagree on shit loads but don't see any reason why you should've been binned .. yeah went off topic but that happens 90% of the time on here.

How many players from the youth teams have made it successfully into the starting XI ?

Absolutely, that was probably the biggest BS answer in the entire response. Everyone knows that our youth system is broken and for them to try to paint it that we have created this pathway for advancement is a load of crap.

We've had a revolving door of people either managing or overseeing the youth teams, few players that had the quality to make it to the first team, not nearly as aggressive in bringing on young talent as other teams, and we've had a number of youth players leave because they can't see a path either.

Well, he’s on a short term contract and wants to win in the immediate future, so he would like to see good players arrive at every opportunity. Obviously he doesn’t care about how they’re paid for; rather how long it takes to assemble the team.

We’re evidently on a slower timeframe. The update would suggest that we’re targeting the 25/26 season to be competitive. That might be why Conte is stalling on the contract; we’re offering a project to a manager that doesn’t really do projects.

Well, he’s on a short term contract and wants to win in the immediate future, so he would like to see good players arrive at every opportunity. Obviously he doesn’t care about how they’re paid for; rather how long it takes to assemble the team.

We’re evidently on a slower timeframe. The update would suggest that we’re targeting the 25/26 season to be competitive. That might be why Conte is stalling on the contract; we’re offering a project to a manager that doesn’t really do projects.

Sounds like we agree on the first part - Conte wants players of the required quality and we have brought in 2 players in January that hopefully meet that brief.

Regarding 25/26 - i don't agree that the implication was that it will take till then to be competitive. We have the finances and are investing at a level that says we should be competitive before then. A good summer window should have us much better placed to be so next sesson.

Absolutely, that was probably the biggest BS answer in the entire response. Everyone knows that our youth system is broken and for them to try to paint it that we have created this pathway for advancement is a load of crap.

We've had a revolving door of people either managing or overseeing the youth teams, few players that had the quality to make it to the first team, not nearly as aggressive in bringing on young talent as other teams, and we've had a number of youth players leave because they can't see a path either.

Having a pathway for youth team grads and having youth team grads who are good enough to take the opportunity are different things entirely. Skipp & Tanganga have both been in the squad long enough now to show that the pathway is there. The issue is more why don't we have more youngsters good enough to be breaking through

Do we know what was spent on the women's team ?

£500 million

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

We had the 2nd highest hit from covid.

PREMIER LEAGUE 2019-2020 COVID-19 LOSSES
Manchester United - £118m

Tottenham - £69m

Man City - £57m

Woolwich - £52m

West Ham - £51m

Liverpool - £43m

Chelsea - £40m

Wolves - £39m

Bournemouth - £36m

Leicester - £28m

Watford - £28m

Southampton - £23m

Brighton - £15m

Crystal Palace - £13m

Burnley - £4m

Everton - £2m

A perfect instance where the numbers are true but fail to tell the entire story. While Spurs may have had the second largest loss in total pounds, the relative impact compared to other clubs wasn't as dire. A 20 million dollar reduction in revenue for City is a rounding error but could be a major financial hurdle for Nottingham Forest. You need to look at it relative to sheer club size. For example:

FY ending 2020

Revenue Loss:
Spurs: 460MM to 402MM = -12.6%
Wolves: 172MM to 132MM = -23.5%
Bournemouth: 131MM to 95MM = -29.6%

BTW, Bournemouth states that they had a net loss of 60MM pounds, not 36.

Net Income %:
Spurs: Net loss of 69MM = -17.2%
Wolves: Net loss of 39MM = -29.5%
Bournmouth: Net loss of 60MM = -63.2%

They can cry poor and there's no doubt that the club had a financial hit, but so did everyone and some clubs far worse than us.

I cant even be bothered to read of their responses because I just know it will wind me up.

They despise the fanbase and think we are thick as shit. That much is clear from the bits I have seen.

Nothing about not drawing down the whole of the £150 million share issue then I suspect?
We are just a customer, I think now more and more are wising up the shenanigans of Mr levy and his crew.
It's all bluff and bluster, they have no desire for a successful football club, only a successful cash machine.
If by chance any success was had, it will be despite them not because of them, we just need them to go.

Thanks for posting. All they have done is make me ask more questions though.

What are "football activities" ENIC?
For us fans, that is what happens on the pitch every week. For ENIC, I suspect it is something entirely different.

Football success, in turn, supports the growth of our Club, our fanbase and consequently wider, commercial opportunities and partnerships, which then deliver further revenue to reinvest in football - the virtuous, sustainable circle on which our Club model is based.

In 20 years they have never invested heavily in the football team to deliver football success to increase revenue. Everything has been the polar opposite, invest money in infrastructure that enables revenue to be generated with the promise if investment into the football team.

It is all so vague, goes round in circles, skirts away from what even the most basic fan can understand.
God I hate them.
If we could find a creative/attacking player that can side step as good as that pile of shit statement from ENIC, we would really start to go places, instead they have filled the stadium with more hot air.
Does anyone know more about the planned protest for this weekend, I think many were planning to leave at halftime, although knowing the team they will be 2/3 down by then anyway.

If I have a car and do little to no maintenance on it over a period of years, and then suddenly start fixing up areas that have broken down, that doesn't mean that I've done a good job taking care of my car.

If I have a car and do little to no maintenance on it over a period of years, and then suddenly start fixing up areas that have broken down, that doesn't mean that I've done a good job taking care of my car.
You’re right.

But if I didn’t pay for maintenance because I was paying off my student loans and I can now earn more money as a result of that investment (money, time) then it may be worth it over the longer term. Otherwise I have a ceiling over the longer term.

It’s multi-factoral and there are complex trade offs.

The summer transfer is thus far a big question mark on that front. We had a great January window & Romero was a nice acquisition but other than that you have a good handful of misses & players who haven't performed so far.

We've improved, but the bar was set so low that this really wasn't difficult.

we have spent well since Paratici arrived.
I think the jury is still out on that

We spent 60 mil on a striker that's yet to score a league goal this season and we're in February

Plus 30 on a midfielder who was snubbed for the NLD in favour of a kid that hadn't started a league match for us prior to that game

Then you have Royal , less said the better

Gil , back on loan for the 13th time in 2 years , at the club we signed him from while handing over 25 mil and Lamela

Spence , less said the better

Everyone will cling to Bentancur ,Kulusevski and Romero right now and ofcourse it's early to judge some of these players but it looks thoroughly a mixed bag right now

I think the jury is still out on that

We spent 60 mil on a striker that's yet to score a league goal this season and we're in February

Plus 30 on a midfielder who was snubbed for the NLD in favour of a kid that hadn't started a league match for us prior to that game

Then you have Royal , less said the better

Gil , back on loan for the 13th time in 2 years , at the club we signed him from while handing over 25 mil and Lamela

Spence , less said the better

Everyone will cling to Bentancur ,Kulusevski and Romero right now and ofcourse it's early to judge some of these players but it looks thoroughly a mixed bag right now

+ Gollini and Lenglet loans actively made us worse. Both of these were worse than the players they came in for, lol ... Forster I'll accept as a backup HG option but he hasn't threatened Lloris at all which has been a big failing and cost us lots of points this season.

Perisic pretty good signing but vs any half decent winger he's a liability atm. So yes, some positive signings but its far from a roaring success ..

The summer transfer is thus far a big question mark on that front. We had a great January window & Romero was a nice acquisition but other than that you have a good handful of misses & players who haven't performed so far.

We've improved, but the bar was set so low that this really wasn't difficult.
Looking at the talent brought in and how it skews young … I’d argue it’s exactly the sort of recruitment we should be doing. However the big caveat is that we should have a manager who is willing and able to use that talent. Otherwise we end up squandering players like Gil.

Having people like Mourinho and conte with recruitment like we’re doing is poor strategy.

Doom Funk Doom Funk too

You’re right.

But if I didn’t pay for maintenance because I was paying off my student loans and I can now earn more money as a result of that investment (money, time) then it may be worth it over the longer term. Otherwise I have a ceiling over the longer term.

It’s multi-factoral and there are complex trade offs.
So you agree that the investment into the club was secondary to our other financial ventures?

So you agree that the investment into the club was secondary to our other financial ventures?
Of course it was! As long as you say into the “team” not “club”. All the money did go into the club. It was an investment for the longer term and a necessary one.

Back
Top Bottom