Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WE HAVE THE TEAM!
Friedel
Walker- Vertonghen- Chiriches-Fryers
Sandro-Paulinho
Lamela-Holtby-Kane
Defoe
32 minutes until the games start!

You a fan of Chiriches Dan?
i'm Steaua fan and Tottenham sympathy since 1994 when other 2 romanian players -Ilie Dumitrescu and Gheorghe Popescu played for Tottenham ,our beloved lad,Chiriches at Steaua,now i wish him the best ,to do what he did for Steaua (national title champion 2013) now he play for Tottenham in a hard competition -Premier League,definetely,much more intense than romanian league...already here (Romania) ,where millions Steaua fans will watch the game, the match is broadcast Live (Digi Sport 2) ,also free on stream net ,who want to see (fans from other countries) i give the link again,try this and click "play" see if this work:
http://www.digisport.ro/Pages/TV/DigiSport 2

Last edited:
I may just jizz in my pants if Chiriches scores a debut goal :gazza2:
it's possible,but for me is more important to make defense well ,it's his first game for Tottenham,probably will stay more in defense...after some matches in his feet,then could do much more attacking...like he did for Steaua last season ---3 goals i nEuropa League (1 goal was versus Chelsea on Stamford Bridge!) and 4 goals in romanian league .. i recognise i have some butterflyes in my belly now :cool: soem emotions for his debut ... 5 years his contract there,a lot of water on Tamisa river will be...

game start ! Chiriches is right central defender-RCB ,Vertonghen(LCB)

for steaua played just like LCB , (RCB- is his second role)

observations from me about Chiriches until now min.45.
like any debut ,a little nervous,new team mates,new faces (you know that),play RCB,his second role,not LCB-his natural place),but is OK,was an error from him ,losing the ball ,a.villa close to score ,Friedel save the threat (a beer after the match from Chiriches to him),but then he don't losing balls anymore,2 good tacklings counted by me,and he try to play simple passes toVertonghen(LCB),Walker(RB) and Sandro (DM),in rest not any threats...it's okay ,until now,good for morale,Defoe scored min 44... a little slow tempo until now ,both teams without speed

Picked himself up after a nervous first twenty minutes or so.

Looks good in the tackle and went for a maraud at one point - always good to see.

Onwards and upwards.

League Cup: Aston Villa- Tottenham 0-4 (0-1)
0-1: Defoe (44)
0-2: Paulinho (49)
0-3: Chadli (86)
0-4: Defoe (90)

after what i seen tonight ,here we go, my ratings today (from 1 to 10)
Friedel (8) well done tonight,save 3-4 dangerous shoots,safe in interventions.
Fryers (7) ok today ,without any huge mistakes
Vertonghen (7,5) safe today,ministry of defense, almost to make a.villa player to remain naked in min.47 funny moment :)
Chiriches (7) first his game,his debut, a little nervous first 15 minutes,an error of him made a.villa being close to score min 15,but Friedel save the ball,Chiriches then he start to feel more confident in himself,making 2 ,3 good tacklings,then in the second half ,advance more in the field,in the middle zone of the pitch, in dribbling, without losing the ball (psychologically= that meant he was confident ,being many times in the midfield area (min.77 ran with the ball in the half of the pitch of A.Villa) from the min. 79 played right back,because Walker comes off,Dawson in...i see him in Europa League games in the first 11,definetely ,in this moment Dawson-Vertonghen are titulars in central defense area
Walker (7,5) he get a little injury ,but the he play 79 minutes,he played well,i like him,very good right back.
Sandro (7,5) working more today,good interceptions,running also back to help defense ,then advance in the a.villa half pitch trying good passes for his team mates
Paulinho (8) great asset for the squad,many good interceptions,scoring with a "kung fu" kick style for 2-0 min 49.
Lamela (7,5) technical player,he made good passes, entering in combinations,good effort today,well done.
Holtby (9) i choosing man of the match tonight,man responsible with assists,good vision with his assists
Kane (7,5) he played well today,fighter,he was dangerous for a.villa players,
Defoe (8) scoring 2 goals (Holtby assists) he gave what the striker had to do -the man responsible with goal(s)

substitutions: Dembele (7) min.63 for Paulinho
Chadli (7,5) (min 72 for Kane) =one goal tonight for him
Dawson (7) (min.79 for Walker)

i see next game of Vlad in Europa League,vs. Anzhi,in the first 11,because Tottenham-Chelsea is a hard game,not for a newcomer,that's why if i will be manager of Spurs i may starting this big derby on saturday with:
Lloris-Walker,Dawson,Vertonghen,Rose (is ready on fit?Naughton will be his replacement if he's not)-Dembele,Paulinho-Townsend,Eriksen,Sigurdsson-Soldado(or Defoe,impress me,with his goals recent days)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom