Everton v Spurs April 3rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we will beat brighton Saturday. Bit of an audition for de zerbi I reckon. Beat him being manageress then cross him off the list.

We may fluke a win but it's absolutely nailed on that they are going to completely school us in terms of performance, it's going to be an excruciating watch from start to finish. The only way I see us winning is Brighton doing their usual trick of missing 500 chances, and us exploiting them at a set piece or two.

According to Stellini's post match interview we didn't sit back though!
well if it wasn't that, then we definitely spent the majority of the game passing around the fuckin back or making nice irrelevant sideways passes. so poor.

yet again, we don't kill the game off and this is the result... time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time... again.

livid.

I’m glad I have a second team in the Norwegian third tier who is on the rise or else I would have been in dire need for antidepressants now.
And for us who don´t have a Norwegian third tier club on the rise to bring us up???

loop spoilers GIF

Also please don’t go with this “goalazo” narrative.

We invited pressure the moment we scored. We let them outnumber us in the midfield. Our defenders turned it over in the middle of the pitch constantly.

They had chances and finally took one.

It’s about tactics, and it was coming.

What was the actual point of sacking Conte just to keep his entire coaching staff and right hand man? Completely pointless.

No offense to Stellini, but who is he? All I know about this guy is he was involved in matchfixing a decade ago. What has he achieved since then?

Its mad that I guarantee the majority of fans would still pick a Stellini over a guy like Dyche cos theres a stigma against working class sounding English managers working in the PL. Down to 10 men and the mighty Everton still manage to get a goal back and a point. And its not like Stellini is new. Hes worked with these players for over a year.

Id love to know where Everton wud be in the league since dyches appointment

We may fluke a win but it's absolutely nailed on that they are going to completely school us in terms of performance, it's going to be an excruciating watch from start to finish. The only way I see us winning is Brighton doing their usual trick of missing 500 chances, and us exploiting them at a set piece or two.
Wanted to go to one last home game before season ends but were kamikaze. Gutted were shit atm. Seen it all before.

Lloris couldn't kick. Or play out at all. He made us nervous all game with his inability to kick, and had no actual goalkeeping to do apart from tame shots. PEH did his usual looking busy with no ability to do anything beyond that. Dier repeatedly gave them the ball in dangerous areas and was let off the hook for this over and over again. All of these actions contributed to us collectively shitting ourselves and retreating in to our shell, it's what happens when you have technically deficient players scaring everybody.

Everton deserved their 'golazo'. They outfought us for most of the night and were in the ascendency prior to the red and then after the pen. We played well for about 15-20 minutes in the first half, and otherwise were abysmal throughout the entire game. If Everton had any cutting edge/players who could make reasonable final third decisions, they win the game 3 or 4-1. But you're right, you can't blame it on one player, there are many shit ones who can have a chunk of it.
Skipp gave the ball away far, far more than Dier did and was way less effective in central midfield that PEH was. Penalty aside, Kane wasn't much better that Son and Kulu not much better than either.

We weren't "abysmal", we were OK.

It was a collective shit-the-bed.

Not the main take away by any means but what has happened to Kulusevski? he seems a completely different man to last season .
regression to the mean, surprise becoming expectation, overrating because of shiny objects, etc etc. Now you're clear-eyed and seeing the player that Juve fans (and a few others round here) told you that you'd be getting.

Back
Top Bottom