Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 176 42.0%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Agreed .. where exactly were the negotiations? It just dead ended immediately… very suss.

20m on a player is not immediately 20m lost…. If the player flops then there’s the option to sell at a loss less than 100%
And if one’s not as hopeless as we’ve been in the transfer market there’s potential to even earn on your 20m spec

With a manager this isn’t the case (or at least very unlikely)

So it’s giving up a full liquid 20m straight up

This is not something I agree with on a relatively unproven manager and why your analogy doesn’t stand up

That’s a fair point. Manager’s don’t last as long as players.

Everyone should have to read this before posting on manager or transfer threads!!

People form so many opinions based on bullshit
I've been saying this for years now. Tabloid generation who are unable to think for themselves, they let the tabloids do it. Can't tell the difference between fact or fiction, then get overly emotional if their facts turn out to be fantasy, or if their fantasy is challenged.

And then they'll rinse and repeat everything when the next tabloid report tells them what to think.

Bobby Bones Sheep GIF by National Geographic Channel

I've been saying this for years now. Tabloid generation who are unable to think for themselves, they let the tabloids do it. Can't tell the difference between fact or fiction, then get overly emotional if their facts turn out to be fantasy, or if their fantasy is challenged.

And then they'll rinse and repeat everything when the next tabloid report tells them what to think.

Bobby Bones Sheep GIF by National Geographic Channel

Otherwise known as NPC's

Slot and his staff would have cost 20 million. (probably negotiable for less)

And the growing perception of the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club being a rudderless mess, a manager's graveyard, the appointment of a lesser manager, the likelihood of sacking someone again next season, the lost possibility of another year of European football resulting from this perpetual state of chaos, and maybe your star player giving up on the club - how much will that cost?
Slot would not have come with a guarantee - and neither did Mourinho & Conte. In this case, £20m (if true) is a lot of money. But Feyenoord has every reason to demand what they did. But why did Slot not push for a move but rather sign a new deal so fast after the news came out?
My problem with this story is that why spend 2 months negotiating only to balk "transfer fee"? Why didn't Levy & Co. inquire about that right away?
Thus said, I was not so convinced about Slot anyway. And let's be honest, most people had either not heard of him or knew only his name until recently. Just like with DeZerbi before he joined Brighton. DeZerbi who?
And now all the other candidates - apart from Nagelsmann - know they're Spurs' second choices. And one thought that Levy had learned after the Nuno debacle. Back then Spurs also did not have a DoF when the head-coach quest started...

if you want to know more about what Ange means to Celtic fans click on this link.. start from the first few pages then go to the end... its really remarkable how they DID NOT WANT him anywhere near celtic to then absolutley loving him.
having followed Anges carrier for 20 years, i can assure you all he is your best bet, he is a proper manager

I would be very surprised if Donna Cullen was making the DOF + manager hiring decisions.

She's in the room, and her opinion/input at a macro-level is obviously sought out, but she's a corporate + financial executive, specializing in public relations/public affairs and corporate/branding partnerships/synergy.

Evaluating manager or player performance is not her wheelhouse.
I never claimed it was true. I'm repeating exactly what I was told. And we are such a fucking dysfunctional organisation all your rationalisation of why X =Y frankly convince me not a jot. We are not a normal business functioning properly only a fool still buys that. Day 63 soon upon us.

Back
Top Bottom