Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually, hasn't he been here long enough? Isn't it three years to get the HG badge? And he's done two at City and one at Southampton. I'm no expert so I'll happily be corrected
He'll be homegrown once he's turned 21 for the 25/26 season, and until then doesn't have to be registered in the league squad. Mad, he won't turn 20 until January '24.

Hatate is the only player at Celtic who could play in the EPL and be a big player. He’s strong,quick,2 footed,works hard as fuck,makes great runs and scores all types of goals. Definitely worth a punt and better than what we have now.

Like Postecoglou, couldn't have done any more in the league he's in.

Everything to like and Cogs clearly knows what he's got in that player.

Celtic bought him for about 1.25m so the release clause is probably 10-15m?

Actually, hasn't he been here long enough? Isn't it three years to get the HG badge? And he's done two at City and one at Southampton. I'm no expert so I'll happily be corrected
He'll be homegrown once he's turned 21 for the 25/26 season, and until then doesn't have to be registered in the league squad. Mad, he won't turn 20 until January '24.

If we can get to the front of the queue, it's another low hanging fruit that makes too much sense.

Raya
Lavia
Scott
Hatate

3 of them HG.

Still got money to get a top-class CB and free to explore the market for players from anywhere.

If we can get to the front of the queue, it's another low hanging fruit that makes too much sense.

Raya
Lavia
Scott
Hatate

3 of them HG.

Still got money to get a top-class CB and free to explore the market for players from anywhere.
I like the look of Hatate. Was excellent vs Real Madrid in CL and in one of the Rangers games I watched. Thought he was kinda poor at the weekend vs Inverness.. talented player though

City have a buyback on him, wouldn't be surprised if they use it if we go in for him. Not applicable until 2024 but I would imagine there is something else if someone tries to buy him prior

City have a buyback on him, wouldn't be surprised if they use it if we go in for him. Not applicable until 2024 but I would imagine there is something else if someone tries to buy him prior

Even if they used it, he'd still have to agree to go there.

Why would he do that just to sit on the bench behind Rodri? Pep wouldn't play him.
Phillips is still there too and nobody looking to buy him.

Maguire is not all that bad. His confidence was shot at United and he couldn’t recover. Better than dier for sure. He almost always looks good at England and was superb at Leicester. Price tag really was too much for him to handle

It's actually true but people are so far gone on Maguire it's just easier to stick with the narrative that he's a shit player.

I still don't get why people are so obsessed with bringing in Alex Scott. Looks a decent prospect but we have Devine who looks equally as exiting (and younger) and sarr has looked impressive whenever he has been given a chance as well.
How about we give them a chance before posting ridiculous things about how Alex scott should be signed above Maddison ffs.

I still don't get why people are so obsessed with bringing in Alex Scott. Looks a decent prospect but we have Devine who looks equally as exiting (and younger) and sarr has looked impressive whenever he has been given a chance as well.
How about we give them a chance before posting ridiculous things about how Alex scott should be signed above Maddison ffs.
I don't think it's ridiculous mate. I think both should be an option because this is where we are at. Young talented home and overseas players given an early chance to impress. We need to be come Dortmund under Ange. Some will fail Scott might be one but as you see with the lad at Sunderland they will be recyclable unlike our old dross

Only seen a few England Youth games, so limited knowledge.

However, what I saw was a robust young player, tenacious, good technique.

What struck me was I saw more a goal/assist making 6/8 rather than an 8/10 I was expecting.

So, Scott to me is likely a Hojbjerg/Skipp challenger. Which is better if we can add more goals lower down the team, plus HG, Spurs fan.

I don't think it's ridiculous mate. I think both should be an option because this is where we are at. Young talented home and overseas players given an early chance to impress. We need to be come Dortmund under Ange. Some will fail Scott might be one but as you see with the lad at Sunderland they will be recyclable unlike our old dross
I'm of the opinion that we should definitely activate the buy back on Cirkin but Alex Scott isn't exactly vital. I have a strong feeling Devine will be a really good player so would rather we stuck with him and focu on more pressing issues.

Clark, Cirkin, Scott

Lets get some English Youth back in the squad! (Kind of tragic we owned two and the third is a fan!)

I'm of the opinion that we should definitely activate the buy back on Cirkin but Alex Scott isn't exactly vital. I have a strong feeling Devine will be a really good player so would rather we stuck with him and focu on more pressing issues.

You'd lean on Devine in the first team this season even though he hasn't played a minute of senior football in the prem or championship?

Devine looks a serious talent but will almost certainly be off on loan this season.

Scott just won young player of the season in the championship and is clearly ready to step up to prem level.

He's a Spurs fan and if his next moves works half as well as his talent level is, he's instantly outside Levy's price range. It's a now or never summer for Scott as a Spurs player IMO.

As for Maddison, very good player but will cost 40-50m and doesn't really work that hard off the ball. Does that fit what the squad and manager needs?

Clarke has a sell on clause

Cirkin has a buy back option.

Is that correct ?
Cirkin is £6m buy back

Don't think Clarke has buy back but does have a sell-on clause, was a low fee with performance clauses that could take it up to £10m (don't know what the clauses are but probably things like sunderland promotion, appearances etc)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom