Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the Wales Armenia game...Armenia could have started with the two youngest Kardassian sisters up front. Rodon and Mepham were hysterical bad. Whomever scouted Rodon I hope they are no longer at the club... If you cancel Aurier and Doherty's contracts you have to do this blokes they have forgotten more about football than this lad will ever know.
keeping up with the kardashians khloe GIF by E!

He seemed to be not a bad player when he was at Swansea, perhaps that was down to good coaching.

Maybe the Premier League was/is a step to high for him. I wonder if Ange is going to give him another chance.

Last edited:
signed and then never really given a chance it’s the Tottenham way. He’s not exactly grabbed his opportunities but must be incredibly difficult when you’re a defender in what has been a shitshow for most of the last 5 years.
If he’d gone from Swansea to consistent first team football in the epl I think he’d be a decent and established player by now. His developments been fucked.

signed and then never really given a chance it’s the Tottenham way. He’s not exactly grabbed his opportunities but must be incredibly difficult when you’re a defender in what has been a shitshow for most of the last 5 years.
If he’d gone from Swansea to consistent first team football in the epl I think he’d be a decent and established player by now. His developments been fucked.
I don't get why Sanchez and Dier are ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm not trying to make out he's better than he is but those two ain't been exactly good.

I don't get why Sanchez and Dier are ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm not trying to make out he's better than he is but those two ain't been exactly good.

Tells you how shit he really is then.

We just don't see how bad he is because he's either been out on loan or on the bench, if he played as much as these two we'd be even worse.

Last edited:
Iwan Roberts summed up the game best.

"The player we missed most was probably Joe Allen. The way he would break up the play in midfield, it really protected the centre-backs. Aaron Ramsey did the role but nowhere near as good as Joe. Our success has been based on a solid defence - not just the back - but we've gone away from that. I felt sorry for Ben Davies and Conor Roberts because Joe Rodon and Chris Mepham didn't take responsibility for the men they should have picked up, so the wing backs were getting dragged in too narrow, which gave Armenia too much time and space."

I think Ampadu and Ben Davies would do a better job at centre back to be honest.

Tells you how shit he really is then.

We just don't see how bad he is because he's either been out on loan or on the bench, if he played as much as these two we'd be even worse.
The few times that I recall seeing him, perhaps when Toby was injured, he didn't seem that bad but those were bigger boots to fill.

He came in to training every day and couldn't convince 3 different managers that he was good enough. He had a chance. We are not a charity.
Both Mourinho and Conte stated that Dier was some sort of top class defender. Surely that was being more charitable than giving Rodon a run in the team.

Both Mourinho and Conte stated that Dier was some sort of top class defender. Surely that was being more charitable than giving Rodon a run in the team.
Think it's because on the surface Dier has all the fundamentals.

He's strong, fast enough, good header, decent passer. Seems like he reads the game well.

But then he plays and when he's not on form he's mistake riddled and makes poor decisions doesn't engage when he should backs of too much

If every manager has thought Dier is much better than Rodon then surely that tells you everything? What else is there to say?

Again, we are not a charity. What kind of manager would select a worse player over a better one (in their view)? Players don't deserve to play out of pity. They have to show they are better than the others. Rodon didn't do that which is why he played last season in the lower half of the French league.

Back
Top Bottom