Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And I have never said otherwise
There is however a massive difference in talking about a players loss of form or mistakes - and the muppets who bang on about them being "champo" at best, or non league, shite or an embarrassment - or decrying them for not trying.
Some people on here have absolutely no idea of the gulf between premier league players and themselves (or the level of other leagues players) and will happily post any old shit, downright lies and forward equally gormless tweets as if it substantiated their posts.

I'm English and an England supporter, and I think it's a crying shame that as a club that we are on the cusp of putting out teams with no national level players in them - much less the vitriol and abuse that is levelled at the ones we have.
Well Winks didn't always try. I think he downed tools on several occasions. So what then? Why continue to cheer that sort of player?

I think he originally had it in him to help us but he lost his mojo and confidence through injury. We can't afford to keep that sort of player on if we're serious about fighting for trophies and titles.

I do agree about the English situation but we are getting Maddison in at least.

Well Winks didn't always try. I think he downed tools on several occasions. So what then? Why continue to cheer that sort of player?

I think he originally had it in him to help us but he lost his mojo and confidence through injury. We can't afford to keep that sort of player on if we're serious about fighting for trophies and titles.

I do agree about the English situation but we are getting Maddison in at least.
True
Not sure about Winks giving up though

Genuinely wish nothing but the best for the lad. Hopefully he gets his career back on track and plays solid minutes again. He was never anywhere near as bad as some made him out to be, just not top 4 material, but can see him doing really well next season.

Happy Wall Street GIF by Imagine Dragons

21 years for Spurs...

People shat on him but I like him - and still remember *that* King-esque tackle against Real Madrid.

Good luck to him, I hope he manages to crack on.

Back
Top Bottom