Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, another Levy masterclass transfer? Thank fuck we have this football genius as Tottenham chairman…

Or was it Conte was being a cunt for not having played him? :contesmell:
Both really. I can’t think of too many players here that made a career after being initially mishandled. Seems as with bad breakups, players find it hard to forgive the club and approach their contract with the same prior enthusiasm.

Spence was full of enthusiasm on arrival but Conte broke his spirit within 6 months, as he did many other players (Gil, Bissouma).

It seems important to actually play the player some after arrival so they don’t just sit around stewing over simultaneously being not good enough to play and not getting the game time needed to improve.

Maybe Levy wasn’t the one to reject Spence, but he was dumb enough to hire Cunte.

Yea- pretty sure Conte killed his spirit by refusing to play him. Whatever the case, it's best for Spence to move on - on loan if nothing else. Guy needs to play everyday football again and have something to play for.

The lad had attitude problems at his previous club. No manager will trust a player that doesn’t work seriously.

Another player that we didn’t do our homework on.

Yea- pretty sure Conte killed his spirit by refusing to play him. Whatever the case, it's best for Spence to move on - on loan if nothing else. Guy needs to play everyday football again and have something to play for.

Ange gave everyone a fresh start. Spence should be exactly the kind of player Ange would love to work with. Any failures to impress fall completely on the player.

Why are we all assuming he's lazy and not just plain sh!t?

Answer Me Iron Man GIF

I was excited for him to play for a long time but I'm not sure if it is just me but he looked like he didn't give a shit. He lost the ball a couple of times (which is no biggy in this team) and just stood there watching or flapping his arms.

He didn't seem to care at all and this was probably his biggest chance. He can't be that unfit.
He’s obviously not good enough. Sometimes that’s the bottom line. For as much as Conte annoyed me with stuff he was 100% correct on this one by the looks of it. Ange doesn’t rate him either. His loan spell was bang average at best. His level looks like championship. He done well there and it’s where he’ll likely end up after maybe another stint at a lower end premier league club.

Journalist Ben Jacobs claims Leeds United are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur defender Djed Spence on loan.

Jacobs claims that while Tottenham prefer a permanent sale for Spence, the 23-year-old is only attracting loan interest at this stage.

He added that Spence has three clubs from the Championship keeping an eye on his situation – Leeds, Swansea and Bristol City.

“There might be some late interest from other Ligue 1 clubs, and I would keep an eye on Strasbourg, who are now controlled by Blue Co who are the owners of Chelsea."

While Luke Ayling is a reliable performer at right-back, the Whites will surely be keen to bring in some competition for the Englishman.

You obviously didn't see him play in preseason? A shocking lack of urgency and effort, looked like he didn't give a fxxk.

No thanks, get rid

Blink and you'd have missed it....... He only played 18 minutes, in one game, all pre-season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom