Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Rodrygo rumour won't go away :D :D

But now Spanish outlet Nacional (via Football365) claim that Tottenham have sent a bid of £86million ($110million) to Real Madrid in order to acquire the services of winger Rodrygo on a permanent basis.
Don't post this shit, you'll have Hampshire Spur frothing at the gash!

Watch us go after Theate, leveraging that special relationship we've built with Rennes with a 25 mil + Sanchez and/or Tanganga offer.

PSG also desperate to get rid of Wijnaldum and the lad is dreaming of coming back to the PL...perfect Dan Dan territory. Might even get us Ekitike on a loan to cover for Richy.

Bring me Brennan, Orban and Tosin and we will call it quits
giphy.gif

Johnson is a solid player for a team with ambitions to qualify for europa league and sometimes champions league at a push.

He hasn't demonstrated that he's a superstar at Nottingham forest like grealish has done at villa or kante/mahrez did at Leicester.

Buy 'decent' and expect 'decent' outcomes.
That describes us 100%
Or at least, what Levy is happy with.

Not interested in other clubs as I'm not as invested or interested in the context to each unique situation.

Using other clubs as examples is pure whataboutery.

In the context of this club, it's inexcusable imo.
It's just Barca have been hawking him around all summer, which has led to scores of links at other Clubs. Nothing got done because the terms to take him weighed heavily in favour of Barca, so no Club was interested. It's all about Barca getting his astronomical wages off their books.

It's gone down to the wire because of the terms but now Clubs are smelling an opportunity in the last 48hrs of the window as Barca might have to move on their terms. 100% this would have peaked our interest and is worth seeing what could be negotiated (although personally I'm hugely dubious of the motive of the player, his injury record, and his desire to get back to Barca when loan finishes - we aren't some school for invalides recovery so they can get back to their club).

Our target is clearly Johnson (or one of him with a couple of irons in fires used to smoke out or fall back on as alternatives).

Any issues we have regarding getting rid of players though his hugely frustrating, especially as the players concerned aren't on massive PL wages. It's this area where we are underperforming and we are still feeling the effects of not having Munn and/or another under him with our Sporting Director/Technical Director operations. Still reflects on poor planning and execution.

Gallagher and Johnson are both really underwhelming I’m sorry.

I see how they fit into Ange’s team, but neither are improvements on what we already have.
Posts like this make me laugh...

We moan the manager isn't backed with the players he wants.

Ange chooses 2 players he wants, we moan that they're underwhelming and not good enough...

We're looking to add two rotation players. It's not like even City has perfect depth, their bench is half academy players.
You say it as if it doesn't matter whether we get those players or not. We should be looking to make the squad stronger and add competition. As for city, who gives a fuck? They are treble champions, whereas we haven't won anything since 2008.

But surely the idea about Angeball is that there will be far more opportunities for far more players to score, therefore, the figures being bandied about do not seem that far off being possible?
Why are you even bothering replying? He doesn't believe a word he is saying and is just saying it to drive an agenda. If he believed it, he wouldn't have a problem accepting a simple 20 pound wager (which will go to a charity) that we will score the same or more as last year. Guy's a total fraud.

Posts like this make me laugh...

We moan the manager isn't backed with the players he wants.

Ange chooses 2 players he wants, we moan that they're underwhelming and not good enough...
Ok he wants them, so why wait until the last day to buy them?

Back
Top Bottom