Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lived in Georgia for the past almost 20 years but grew up in Norn Iron

I've travelled around the South a good bit Texas, S. Carolina, Mississippi and Florida afew times

Really wanna go to Cali though but I'd prolly get myself is shitloads of trouble out there being married now an all lol
the south is one place in havent visited extensively as i generally come to the states every feb to get tattoo'd..have been for the past 4 years...
maybe u and defoe can go on a boys trip to vegas...coke, strippers and maybe you can teach the little cunt how to look up and search for the pass....spraying shots might work on the football pitch, def not in a bedroom orgy..

AVB better be bluffing about the LB statement.
Or else, other concerns aside, Verts will be pretty pissed, or even worse ... wanting to leave.
However, if AVB was being honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go against his will and recall BAE.

As for the striker dilemma,
-I'd rather keep Ade at least for this season, as he offers something different to our current 2 poachers.
-I highly doubt we could get Benteke in Jan. Plus, tbh I'm not even too fussed about that Gooner lover.
-A lot of Morata reports - so we might just sign him on loan, and be done with the striker market for at least this season (should still give us 3 apt strikers, though I'd rather prefer we go all out for Dzeko).

Aside from this, I honestly think we may be looking at signing another, ahem ... winger - who plays on the left, or at least is right footed. I really think our winger fiasco plays a huge part in our lack of goals. We're surely gonna sell 1 or 2 of our current wingers in the Summer.

2 names that have been coming up quite frequently are: 2 Argentinians (surprised?) ...
-Lavezzi - is a pure example of an inverted winger (like Lamela). He plays on the left & has a killer right foot.
-Perotti - while he actually is a left-footed LW, to my knowledge, he's incredibly 2 footed (right foot equally strong).

So yeah, that's what I think.
Imo, Levy is not gonna sack AVB - too much backing already, and too much would have to change.
Also, I really doubt that Levy and co. would ignore having a failed season. So ... they might as well provide more funds. Plus, it's not like we spent so much already - theoretically our net spending was in the minus; we still have the money.
i like lavezzi but for the price being quoted (23 million) plus of course his wages for a 28 yr olds a bit steep..though we bought soldado so maybe not..
perotti is very injury prone from what ive heard so again not sure if this is a good option..
perotti looks realistic, but levezzi prob not..you in favor of these players? Think these are the positions we need strengthened?

i like lavezzi but for the price being quoted (23 million) plus of course his wages for a 28 yr olds a bit steep..though we bought soldado so maybe not..
perotti is very injury prone from what ive heard so again not sure if this is a good option..
perotti looks realistic, but levezzi prob not..you in favor of these players? Think these are the positions we need strengthened?
Really in favor for Lavezzi ... but I'm put off for his price-per-age value.

I am not quite sure if these positions need strengthening, but if there''s anything needed ... this winger situation needs to be sorted out. AVB has to find his best winger pair soon and stick with it - the players need some bonding!

Whatever happens in Jan. all depends on whether AVB decides to stick with his current system (i.e. with inverted wingers) or if he decides to change something up. If he does decide to be stubborn, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get another winger/winger-striker. To me, it really seems that it is the left side that's causing problems.

Regardless, I still think we are going to be offloading atleast 1 current winger by the end of next Summer window. As Redknapp recently said ... it's like AVB has an over-abundance of certain types of players, but he doesn't know how to quite handle this situation

Really in favor for Lavezzi ... but I'm put off for his price-per-age value.

I am not quite sure if these positions need strengthening, but if there''s anything needed ... this winger situation needs to be sorted out. AVB has to find his best winger pair soon and stick with it - the players need some bonding!

Whatever happens in Jan. all depends on whether AVB decides to stick with his current system (i.e. with inverted wingers) or if he decides to change something up. If he does decide to be stubborn, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get another winger/winger-striker. To me, it really seems that it is the left side that's causing problems.

Regardless, I still think we are going to be offloading atleast 1 current winger by the end of next Summer window. As Redknapp recently said ... it's like AVB has an over-abundance of certain types of players, but he doesn't know how to quite handle this situation
i may get slammed for this but feel we should sell siggi and lennon while their value remains highish...15 mill for them plus cash in the kitty buy lavezzi and a LB...lamela on the right levezzi on the left...chadli and townsend on the bench...

I've seen alot of Perotti and I fancy him quite a bit, but honestly we do not need him. The last thing we need is another winger. He's a right-footed (his left is equally adept) and very quick winger who played on the left at Sevilla. He's very quick, two footed and a very good crosser of the ball. 8 million pounds isn't a bad price for him but he seems to be always injured. I just don't think we need anymore wingers. I'd rather invest that money into a quality Left Back.

I've seen alot of Perotti and I fancy him quite a bit, but honestly we do not need him. The last thing we need is another winger. He's a right-footed (his left is equally adept) and very quick winger who played on the left at Sevilla. He's very quick, two footed and a very good crosser of the ball. 8 million pounds isn't a bad price for him but he seems to be always injured. I just don't think we need anymore wingers. I'd rather invest that money into a quality Left Back.
we need a LB for sure but should be able to snap one up for under 10 million...what do you think of selling siggi and lennon to fund a LB and levezzi?

we need a LB for sure but should be able to snap one up for under 10 million...what do you think of selling siggi and lennon to fund a LB and levezzi?
I'm sure Madrid would listen to Coentrao offers sooner rather than later - 12-14m + massive add-ons sound reasonable, imv

I'm sure Madrid would listen to Coentrao offers sooner rather than later - 12-14m + massive add-ons sound reasonable, imv
they spent big $$$ to get him and his a good backup for marcelo...we have to offer more than that, plus if baines falls through for man u, coentrao will be next on their list...his a pipe dream and frankly one we would love to have but dont need...
id be happy to buy a LB for 5-10, lavezzi for 15-20, loan morata, sell defoe/lennon/siggi and that would be a great transfer period.
IMO at least.

Sell Lennon? That would be very silly and largely pointless, imv - seeing he's our only natural right-footed wide player. Siggy is still young and carries potential - we should be looking to offload less prominent assests such as Friedel or Gomes, Defoe, Dawson or Kaboul, etc.

I don't think we'd get 'much' of an LB for 5-10m unless we unearth a young gem but that might take time.

Real Madrid recently sold Kaka for free, having paid over 50m for him few years earlier, etc. - I strongly doubt their transfer dealing always follow financial logic and if the player pushes for a move (fellow countryman coach, etc,), who knows

Sell Lennon? That would be very silly and largely pointless, imv - seeing he's our only natural right-footed wide player. Siggy is still young and carries potential - we should be looking to offload less prominent assests such as Friedel or Gomes, Defoe, Dawson or Kaboul, etc.

I don't think we'd get 'much' of an LB for 5-10m unless we unearth a young gem but that might take time.

Real Madrid recently sold Kaka for free, having paid over 50m for him few years earlier, etc. - I strongly doubt their transfer dealing always follow financial logic and if the player pushes for a move (fellow countryman coach, etc,), who knows
kaka was over 30 yrs old, costing them a small fortune in wages...coentrao is 25, fucking good and not costing them a fortune in wages...plus if they sell him they have no LB backup, not something madrid will do...
lennon goes if we buy lavezzi as i said previously..levezzi's a wide playing right footer, one 1000 times better than lennon...siggi is young and carries potential but will he ever be A. good enough for spurs and B. overthrow eriksen for the number 10 position...not likely...sell him for 10 lennon for 5-8, kaboul goes on a bosman, gomes goes on a bosman to, dawson isnt worth shit now..and friedal retires in the summer and we buy a backup GK then...
LB and left midfielder plus selling/ getting rid of the dead weight...remember we still have chadli and townsend as backup ups

walker vlad vertonghen rose/whoever we buy
paulinho/dembele sandro eriksen
lamela soldado lavezzi

now thats a 4-3-3

Coentrao is barely playing, mate - at this age his value (and form) would start depreciating very soon. Last season he only started 16 games for them and 12 the season before that. Both Arbeola and Nacho and can cover LB - they have plenty of options at CB as it stands

Lavezzi is a deep-lying forward and Lennon is a wide winger - they don't play in the same position at all? Comparison with Siggy would be far more accurate, imho - Lavezzi tends to occupy the left-hand side of the pitch, much like him. Although he might be on massive wages in France?

Coentrao is barely playing, mate - at this age his value (and form) would start depreciating very soon. Last season he only started 16 games for them and 12 the season before that. Both Arbeola and Nacho and can cover LB - they have plenty of options at CB as it stands

Lavezzi is a deep-lying forward and Lennon is a wide winger - they don't play in the same position at all? Comparison with Siggy would be far more accurate, imho - Lavezzi tends to occupy the left-hand side of the pitch, much like him. Although he might be on massive wages in France?
just my personal opinion, but lennon isnt a particulary good wide player, he dosnt score and crucially he assist statistics are quite frankly woeful...think lamela will start from now on, on the right which makes him redundant as A. his fucking shit on the left and B. as you have said his a wide player not an inverted winger.
if he was actually a good winger e.g valencia, keeping him may have more legs as an option.
i can concede your point on coentrao but still think we will have to offer more than 12-14...
Also believe that with lamela, lavezzi, chadli, and townsend competing for two places we dont need lennon...
however as much as i want it i dont think he will be sold in january...

I'd love to have Lavezzi but what can we offer to lure him in considering he's playing CL and probably on massive wages?

Is there an actual 'link' to this?

I'd love to have Lavezzi but what can we offer to lure him in considering he's playing CL and probably on massive wages?

Is there an actual 'link' to this?
i admit the links between spurs and lavezzi at this point a tenious..english papers are writing about it though

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...am-to-sign-Argentine-forward-Ezequiel-Lavezzi
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...orward-ezequiel-lavezzi--reports-8886757.html

though like coentrao think he may be a pipe dream given his wages/CL etc..

Anyone think Luke Shaw rumors are true? I guess southampton and his agent would rather send him to spurs than chelsea because they know he'd start for us. would be massive for us if we got him because him and rose would be competing for a spot.

Looks like Chelsea could be buying martinez from Porto for 33 mill plus no doubt some extortionate wages. This is to add to Torres, eto'o and of course their best striker lukaku who is on loan. If anyone thinks that we 'should' be top 4 when we're trying to compete against clubs like this then they need a reality check.

Looks like Chelsea could be buying martinez from Porto for 33 mill plus no doubt some extortionate wages. This is to add to Torres, eto'o and of course their best striker lukaku who is on loan.
Torres, Eto'o, Lukaku and Ba.
Anyway, saw that story today. Surely, it's bullshit. Why would they want to buy Martinez when they have Lukaku?

Back
Top Bottom