Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spence played 73 mins as LB (again) in Leeds 4-0 demolition of Ipswich - a few comments off Leeds fans boards :

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:58 pm Djed had a fine game today, his best in a Leeds shirt
:tup:

Superb. He looked disappointed to be subbed
thought Djed Spence was terrific. He looked a class above with his dribbling and extra bursts of pace.

Other comments that his tracking back is improving game by game - speculation that this is improving as his fitness levels are improving after coming back from injury.

If Leeds can get re-promoted this season we could do a LOT worse than sending him back there next season too.

If Leeds can get re-promoted this season we could do a LOT worse than sending him back there next season too.

One step at a time.

Farke is a manager I rate. very good at coaching (Conte never showed that skill at Spurs) so its possible we get sent back a player that Ange quite likes or a readily saleable player.

Until today everyone seemed to think Ipswich in 2nd place were out of reach of Leeds, but now only 7 points behind, so Leeds MIGHT go up automatically or through playoffs, its all to play for.

One step at a time.

Farke is a manager I rate. very good at coaching (Conte never showed that skill at Spurs) so its possible we get sent back a player that Ange quite likes or a readily saleable player.

Until today everyone seemed to think Ipswich in 2nd place were out of reach of Leeds, but now only 7 points behind, so Leeds MIGHT go up automatically or through playoffs, its all to play for.

My point was mostly underpinned by the thinking that it would be hasty to just try to flog him at the first sign of some good champo performances.

Not banking on any particular outcome; but if his problem is maturity then the right gaffer and the wake-up call of finding himself back in the championship could go a log way to fixing that..... So long as he's not a complete clown obv.

My point was mostly underpinned by the thinking that it would be hasty to just try to flog him at the first sign of some good champo performances.

Not banking on any particular outcome; but if his problem is maturity then the right gaffer and the wake-up call of finding himself back in the championship could go a log way to fixing that..... So long as he's not a complete clown obv.

Maybe.

My take is that Conte only wanted 'world class players' and had no interest in coaching - hence rejecting Spence to work with Royal (who didn't suit Conte's style at all), and seemed not to bother with Porro either (despite him being bought specifically for Conte and diverting funds from buying other players such as a CB) hence Porro looking poor under Conte. Same as Bissouma looking poor under Conte and Sarr not playing much under Conte ...... Romero not being great under Conte, Richarlison, Son ...... the list goes on.

So if Spence has the requisite skills to play as RB and LB (which Paratici thought he did), I think a chat with Ange would sort out any 'maturity' issues ....... or if it didn't a half season under Farke allied with his season under Cooper at Notts Forest (playing Liverpool, Woolwich and PL Leicester in FA Cup) will give him a resale value if Leeds can't afford him

Spence played 73 mins as LB (again) in Leeds 4-0 demolition of Ipswich - a few comments off Leeds fans boards :

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:58 pm Djed had a fine game today, his best in a Leeds shirt
:tup:

Superb. He looked disappointed to be subbed
thought Djed Spence was terrific. He looked a class above with his dribbling and extra bursts of pace.

Other comments that his tracking back is improving game by game - speculation that this is improving as his fitness levels are improving after coming back from injury.

Come on Djed

I’d be very tempted to bring him back next season.

Has everything you need for an Ange inverted FB

Come on Djed

I’d be very tempted to bring him back next season.

Has everything you need for an Ange inverted FB

Well Ange already sent him away immediately so I very much doubt he has everything he’s looking for.

Ange trusted Udogie and Sarr straight away so there’s obviously something about Spence he didn’t like and didn’t want to have around. If he felt he could use him he would have kept him.

Well Ange already sent him away immediately so I very much doubt he has everything he’s looking for.

Ange trusted Udogie and Sarr straight away so there’s obviously something about Spence he didn’t like and didn’t want to have around.

He most likely saw that Emerson and Davies as back up FBs, and with only a season of one competition meant Djed was better off getting minutes elsewhere

What’s he missing if he gets his attitude right?

What little we saw of him; he looked all over the shop in terms of positioning and that was in a typical WB role.

Get his attitude right (assuming that's the prob); maybe then he can apply himself to learning to play how Ange wants.

only one who didn't had a kid with him when they walk on the field (weird)

seen the highlights , got the coner 4 the 1:0
would be great if he could be a player 4 us after summer
LB and RB

Maybe.

My take is that Conte only wanted 'world class players' and had no interest in coaching - hence rejecting Spence to work with Royal (who didn't suit Conte's style at all), and seemed not to bother with Porro either (despite him being bought specifically for Conte and diverting funds from buying other players such as a CB) hence Porro looking poor under Conte. Same as Bissouma looking poor under Conte and Sarr not playing much under Conte ...... Romero not being great under Conte, Richarlison, Son ...... the list goes on.

So if Spence has the requisite skills to play as RB and LB (which Paratici thought he did), I think a chat with Ange would sort out any 'maturity' issues ....... or if it didn't a half season under Farke allied with his season under Cooper at Notts Forest (playing Liverpool, Woolwich and PL Leicester in FA Cup) will give him a resale value if Leeds can't afford him
Excellent post.

Conte was such a disappointment. One of the most cynical, vibe-killing, non-teachers to ever coach in the Prem.

Excellent post.

Conte was such a disappointment. One of the most cynical, vibe-killing, non-teachers to ever coach in the Prem.
yeh but he also had sum personal problems
"conte has been rocked by the deaths of three close friends "which can fuck with anybodys head.
but i am just happy spence is playing and apparently hes playing good
conte was disappointing
but the most cynical, vibe-killing was down to the deaths of friends.
i think

Back
Top Bottom