Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/fluidrigidity/status/1742993825981775968?s=46&t=6hp9556H_GJ_LQNWePnt-g

what a waste of a signing. Should have known he had major attitude issues ever since he threw shade at Neil Warnock on instagram like a baby. Spence needs to take a big look at himself and fix up. He has incredible attributes as a player but fuck me it looks like the club have signed another Ndombele here

Not ALWAYS that simple with loans. Let’s say Farke doesn’t see him as a Leeds player long term and wants him to risk an injury to play?

Djed returning from a long time out says no to protect his career. Farke cares about his team and will send him back with an excuse and find another loan player

A few of their fans commenting that Farke hinted at attitude problems the other week. Fans saying he didn’t look arsed.

Another waster it seems.
Ange won’t want him in the squad if that’s the case, especially given his recent comments on the potential of one bad apple spoiling the group harmony.

Yeh you don’t wanna read the comments…

One of the comments:

wheresmyspacebar2
He was being used a tad at Left Back.
According to high profile Leeds leakers/ITKs, Farke absolutely hated his attitude and they considered Spence a major detriment to the teams atmosphere.
Basically what Warnock said in 2020, he has massive attitude problems, thinks he deserves to be playing for the top clubs but doesn't put any effort in to do it. Sorta like Ndombele.

Neil Warnock on Djed Spence (back in May 2022)

Warnock, though, spoke strongly about his potential during their time together at Middlesbrough, stating that how far he went in the game would be down to his mentality - something that had been called into question at the Riverside.
Warnock said: “There are not many players where you can say it’s all up to them personally how far they go – it’s what’s between the ears.
"He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don’t know.
“Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He’s got the tools, there’s no doubt about that.”

After earning promotion with Forest, Spence took to social media to aim a cheeky jibe at Warnock, saying: "Oh, where's my manners! Welcome to Twitter, @Warnockofficial."

I remember the "experts" were lashing into Levy for letting the deal drag instead of just paying the fee Boro wanted and then lashing into Conte for not playing him :cool:
Looks like Conte was right.
In this case there is no smoke without fire. Looks like Spurs yet again failed to take hints about a player with attitude issues before buying .

Last edited:
I remember the "experts" were lashing into Levy for letting the deal drag instead of just paying the fee Boro wanted and then lashing into Conte for not playing him :cool:
Looks like Conte was right.
In this case there is no smoke without fire. Looks like Spurs yet again failed to take hints about a player with attitude issues for buying them.

Like I said before; Warnock is a massive twat... Can only take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

Like I said before; Warnock is a massive twat... Can only take his opinion with a pinch of salt.
I agree that he's not necessarily the most rational person to get an opinion on Djed Spence but I still believe Warnock has a point regarding Spence. Conte "never" played him and no EPL showed interest in loaning him after Angelos just took a few weeks to decide he didn't need Spence. And now Leeds are now sending. And in the previous season, at Rennes, he could not even get into their team.
Let's hope that Spence, unlike Ndombele, have a change of attitude.

Last edited:
I agree that he's not necessarily the most rational person to get an opinion on Djed Spence but I still believe Warnock has a point regarding Spence. Conte "never" played him and No EPL showed interest in loaning him after Angelos took just took a few weeks to decide he didn't need Spence and now Leeds are now sending. And in the previous season, at Rennes, he could not even get into their team.
Let's hope that Specnce, unlike Ndombele, have a change of attitude.

The plot has since thickened, but apart from Warnock; you're using retrospective evidence to back up this statement:

"Looks like Spurs yet again failed to take hints about a player with attitude issues for buying them."

Why would Spurs heed (only) Warnock (esp. given what he's like) at time of signing when he had since been flying under Cooper at the time?

I still think the biggest mistake we made was not loaning him back to Forest for a year as an EPL starter....

Back
Top Bottom