January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really fused about that, if he turns out good he turns out good. I just think it's a levy cheap option rather than committing to someone. Personally I would have preferred Jota, younger and has previous experience of working with Ange,

I'm just referring to BSoDL, that wank themselves over a freebie like levy is the greatest gift ever. He ain't he's a bald headed cunt who over the years has filled out squad with dead wood and mediocrity and screwed over far to many of our managers in the past and gaves us Nuno, Mourinho and Cunti.

Fuck off with that BSoDL shit from that twat over on SC

Last edited:
I don't mind the Werner loan signing, we get a bit of experienced cover for very little outlay, I'm not blown away by it, lets face it he flopped at Chelsea but we are only asking him to step in for maybe a few games and score us a handful of goals. Decent bit of business.

But I swear if we go into the Man Utd game short at CB due to inactivity I'm going to fully melt down, we now know Davies is injured we need a CB through the door in the next 48 hours done and dusted.

You haven't been melting down yet?

God help us

So Trossard - a 27m back-up player - is "backing he manager", but Biss 28m, Kulu 26m (+ loan fees), 40m Maddison, 50m Johnson, 40m VDV aren't?

60m for Ndombele, 60m Ricarlison, GLC 40m, Sanchez 40m aren't but 60m for crappy Havertz(*) is?

Maddison, VDV, Johnson were just "opportunism"????????

Nahhhh, balls to all that.

(*I'd rather Udoggie, Bentancur, Sarr, Vicario all in than blow 60m on that twat just cos he has name value.)

When you expose their arguments it's always riddled with pathetic mental gymnastics.

Brilliant stop gap signing and if he comes and flourishes it’s genius from us. He fits the Ange striker template,stay between the posts and don’t get too involved in the build up,great movement and can finish. Very similar striker to Kyogo at Celtic but better even in the link up if needed. He can also play wider if needed.
He’s maybe lost his mojo in terms of scoring goals regularly but maybe a change of scenery and style will see those goals flowing again.
He’s also looking to get back in the Germany squad for the euros so we would have a hungry player on our hands.
For the Chelsea haters,just look past that. Every signing we’ve made under Ange has been scoffed at apart from Johnson every one has been flying and the ones who were here that were nowhere near it have stepped up.
If this is true and Ange wants him then trust him.
Where do you get “don’t get involved in build up”? Surely the reason which rich gets stick is the ball never sticks to him thus attacks break down. In Ange’s system the CF has to work hard, press and make good movement do that the wide forwards can get space.

For me, I'm deeply unimpressed with this and massively underwhelmed. If other clubs had made this loan we'd be taking the piss. Thankfully it's just a loan. Another 'body' I guess worst way.
Very true! Wasbtbon most fans wish list. His almost the forgotten man. Let’s see what he can do. However I’m sure we have some good academy players who could prbly do just as well as Timo. Remember RB are letting him go and they are 4th so obvs don’t need to make the push in the bundasligue.

You’re making an assumption that the money isn’t there to buy a top class forward. That could definitely be the case.
However, it’s just as likely that the top class forward isn’t available.
This isn’t like shopping where the shelves are stacked with goodies for you to pick what you want.
If United, who need a forward as much (if not more) than we do, are shopping for the same guys then perhaps it’s because there’s limited availability.

How about we regroup on February 1st and you can list all the world class forwards that were transferred this window.

Arse
Man U
Chavs

All need a 20 goal man.

We already have one.

JohnLondon JohnLondon

Look, I hope he fulfils the potential he had 7 odd years ago here, but he’s been a woefully average player for years now, both at Chelsea and on his return to Leipzig, and Ange is not a miracle worker.

He was probably brought in as a real emergency cover for Son while at the Asia Cup, but considering we actually need proper reinforcements up top, it just seems like another pointless Danjuma style transfer.
Can’t help but feel that tbh! If was any good and had shown some this season rb wouldn’t let him go.

You haven't been melting down yet?

God help us

Fran Healy Laughing GIF by Travis

Can’t help but feel that tbh! If was any good and had shown some this season rb wouldn’t let him go.
They guy has played 8 games for Leipzig this season, he’s their 4th choice striker by all accounts…

Look, I really hope that he does well and he provides adequate cover when Son is away etc, but it just seems like such a pointless, classic doing the bare minimum Levy signing.

And all the people shouting from the rooftops “Ange approved him so that’s good enough for meeeeee!!!!” :angryscouser:
This is such a flawed take on signings such as this.

For almost any signing the club makes, you get the usual media mouthpiece with the “this was approved by *Manager X”
Now for people who are capable of reading between the lines, you must understand that if Levy goes, “Ange, we have naff all money to spend on an attacker, but we could do a loan deal for Timo Werner, that’s pretty much all we can do.”
So obviously Ange is going to approve signing Werner as opposed to no one at all especially considering the absentees we currently have.

Back
Top Bottom