Ryan Fredericks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It gets better. According to his uncle (who I'm working with at the moment), he's very two footed, but naturally left-footed.

Early days though, I suppose.

It gets better. According to his uncle (who I'm working with at the moment), he's very two footed, but naturally left-footed.

Early days though, I suppose.

You're kidding right? Geez that's awesome! But if he's left footed then why on earth did naughton play left back and him right. AVB may have an inverted full back system or something going on here

Very odd to see him outperform to such an extent today, because I used to watch him in the U21s a lot ( :windy: ) and he never really showed anything that would suggest to me that he could thrive in the first team. I believe he's only been playing RB since the middle-to-late parts of the last (U21) season.

Still, pleased to see him put in a good shift and hope he can find a game or two more to capitalise on it in the cups over the coming months.

You're kidding right? Geez that's awesome! But if he's left footed then why on earth did naughton play left back and him right. AVB may have an inverted full back system or something going on here

I think it was about just giving him some first team time.

We need to consult @ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS about the best position for him. His uncle is a gooner, so he may not know left from right.

Looked like a much a better fit, in our system, for us than Naughton. He seems totally one footed, although that is Walkers problem as well. I want to see him defensively more though, didn't see anything defensive tonight.

That's meant to be pretty good as it means the full back can cut in and clear it, rather than hoofing it straight down the line and out for a throw in...
:avblol:

The youth setup we have in place is simply incredible now, just think how easily these players are slotting into the system when ready and how impressive they look, the confidence the likes or Fredricks and Townsend show is abundant because they have always been part of a winning side, not quite class of 92 but winning breeds winning

The youth setup we have in place is simply incredible now, just think how easily these players are slotting into the system when ready and how impressive they look, the confidence the likes or Fredricks and Townsend show is abundant because they have always been part of a winning side, not quite class of 92 but winning breeds winning

*awaits 'Arry article taking full credit* :harrylol:

Are we covered in the RB department for many years to come or what?
Based on one game vs. League 1-level competition?

Don't get me wrong - I think he did really well but this over-hyping is what often tends to create false expectations in fans which later became beating sticks for players after he fails to score a hat-trick in his next 3 games.

Remember Walker's first season with us - he was the second coming of Cafu. However the following year when teams figured how to play against him and he had to adjust his game (while having number of 6/10 performances) - the sticks were out again. Fickle is not word.

Back
Top Bottom