Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
He's all over the place with his scatter gun approach to managers and then he sells all our best players as soon as they kick up any fuss. I'm getting sick of his leadership and feel we've hit a glass ceiling under him. I'm not saying go all man shity or cheatski but ffs make our top players honor their fucking contracts once in awhile and maybe they'd realise we aren't just a stepping stone.

No.

But he will have to dig himself of this one, by finding a manager that will work with a DoF....or by sacking Baldini aswell as AVB

Or keep both and go another year without CL football

Either way, he's failing himself and the club at the moment. Still want him here though, as I think he can get us there.

A lot of posters on this forum wanted AVB in as soon as Hodgson got the England job and AVB was sacked from Chelsea.

Yeh, we've been going downhill ever since the day ENIC bought the club. Year by year it's got worse and worse at WHL.

Oh wait...
Exactly. When everyone has been saying how the sun shines out of his arse I've been reluctant to go along with that, precisely because Levy had made some mistakes. But, generally speaking, we are a vast improvement over the club he inherited. He is better the devil you know. We are financially sound and we are making baby steps forward. When the shit hits the fan you can't ever say that Levy doesn't act and doesn't then back the new man. Appointing a manager is not easy, especially for someone who is not a football man. He ultimately has to take a risk. The faults in the side at the moment are mostly AVB's. The Chairman is entitled to place at least some expectation in the manager to perform in the manner he is supposed to.

He's a great businessman an all but when it comes to appointing managers he's fuckn shit and is all over the place. Then other clubs seem to beable to convince their best players to stick around when they get discontent but we always flog them to the highest bidder. Then the whole CL diabolical, we finally qualify and he buys Ryan fuckn Nielsen and Louis fuckn Saha. The blokes done alot of good getting us on a sound business model but fuck me he's stil crap at the few footballing decisions he has to make. He got lucky appointing Harry too as we were up shits creek without a paddle at the time or he'd never of got a look in. I guess I just feel our root problems lie further up the totem pole then just the manager.

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit right now.... He clearly doesn't!!

As long as the books balance, who cares about a 5-0 drubbing at home, so soon after a 6-0 raping away!!
Until the Russians or Arabs turn up, we're playing 2nd fiddle with the other 17 teams.... only we're not as good as them, and have sold our soul long ago!

We haven't quite been the same since ArseAnal shat in our lasagne...

As long as Levy is here we won't make a Leeds. I'll bet my balls on that one. Bringing us slowly forward without too much risk.

but the point is we are not going forward anymore and haven't been for ages. We are lingering around the same spot season after season with the odd crap one threw in there so said manager gets the boot

perennial CL club stepping stone.....

and replace him with who exactly? Ashley? Levy did a good job this summer as far as I'm concerned, what we have in place squad wise needs someone else to manage before Levy is accountable.

I just have one question: Lots of the commentators have been saying that not ALL of the players brought in were of AVB's choosing, so if it was levy's choice, why? And if it wasn't him, who and why and how and when and where and why again?

but the point is we are not going forward anymore and haven't been for ages. We are lingering around the same spot season after season with the odd crap one threw in there so said manager gets the boot

perennial CL club stepping stone.....
How are we going to get better when you don't want us to do a man city or chelsea?

How are we going to get better when you don't want us to do a man city or chelsea?

simple really at the end of last season all we really needed to get better was a better striker to link up with Bale

we didn't need more money and were financially sound, Levy decided to give in to Bales requests and ship him out

Benteke, Suarez, Rooney all got told they were staying end of

fuck it Levys been here ages and we've stopped progressing so it's time to either accept or position of CL feeder club or roll the dice

Back
Top Bottom