Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Twitter would go into full meltdown if Benny came back, the abuse he gets tweeted by so-called Spurs fans is embarrassing.

If he came back, all he would have to do is put in a blinder and all that I'll feeling would be forgotten.

Benny's a big boy, he can handle a bit of stick I'm sure. It would be in his hands to put a stop to it.

Given what Sherwood knows about the youth setup, I would imagine he won't buy anyone in but will instead develop the emerging talent into saleable assets for Levy by using them to plug any gaps in cover for the first team. Only expecting Defoe out and not much other movement myself.

Twitter would go into full meltdown if Benny came back, the abuse he gets tweeted by so-called Spurs fans is embarrassing.
Which part of the abuse? The abuse for making fun of losing 0-5 at home and getting the manager sacked? Or the abuse for supporting an openly racist agenda against jews?

Which part of the abuse? The abuse for making fun of losing 0-5 at home and getting the manager sacked? Or the abuse for supporting an openly racist agenda against jews?
Not sure there is really any point debating this because you seem to have your mind made up already.... but....

He did his traditional pose with the 2 fingers, it may be tacky, but it wasn't taking the piss out of us getting beat, unless he can predict the result before the game is even played. Abusing him for a pre-match photo = D'oh

He was loaned out, struggling to see how he got the manager sacked. Abusing him for something out of his control = D'oh

He commented on Anelka doing the gesture, which can be interpreted in a few different ways, if he was really supporting an anti-semitic agenda, do you really think he'd do it publicly on Twitter? Assuming he is an anti-semite without clarification = D'oh

Like i said, i know it wont change your opinion, but mine is that footballers are in their own little bubble and probably had no idea of the racist connotations of this gesture.... Did anyone else before this weekend? Suddenly everyone is an expert.......

Bring back Pritchard.

Just to clarify this; he might not be recalled, or won't but when I look back at Lennon's impact, and the fact that desite not getting any real time at Leeds last season, Barkley has been superb this season for Everton.

Everything I have seen of Pritchard suggests he is a better player than League One standard, and more than capable of making an impact.

When isn't twitter in full meltdown?

I hear it was pretty quiet up until mid-March 2006....
0df5659c-6a0d-40f4-a790-a862546497ee_12.jpg

The first tweet was written by co-founder Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006.

Not sure there is really any point debating this because you seem to have your mind made up already.... but....

He did his traditional pose with the 2 fingers, it may be tacky, but it wasn't taking the piss out of us getting beat, unless he can predict the result before the game is even played. Abusing him for a pre-match photo = D'oh

He was loaned out, struggling to see how he got the manager sacked. Abusing him for something out of his control = D'oh

He commented on Anelka doing the gesture, which can be interpreted in a few different ways, if he was really supporting an anti-semitic agenda, do you really think he'd do it publicly on Twitter? Assuming he is an anti-semite without clarification = D'oh

Like i said, i know it wont change your opinion, but mine is that footballers are in their own little bubble and probably had no idea of the racist connotations of this gesture.... Did anyone else before this weekend? Suddenly everyone is an expert.......

Firstly I didn't say he got AVB sacked. I say he poked fun at it. Which really changes nothing.

Secondly regarding the Anelka gesture, there is a thread on it. It has all the facts and it shows fully, that people believe openly in that stuff and that they happily post it on the internet.

And as for the ignorance part, BAE knew full well what the salute was called, thus also what it means. It might be that he tried to ditch Anelka, which I doubt, since he since deleted the tweet.

And yes, footballers do live in their own bubbles. Go read the thread.

Btw I have been BAEs biggest supporter on forums like this and was fiercely critical towards AVBs treatment of him, so you saying I already "made my mind up" - please, spare me.

I didnt see where he poked fun at AVB being sacked, or where it was proven he knew the anti-semitic connotations of the Quenelle were before he tweeted about it.

He may have simply asked someone what the celebration was... they said "oh, some French comedian does it, its called the Quenelle" and he simply said "Nice Quenelle Nic"

It's conjecture, people seem to be jumping to conclusions based on their already formed opinons of Ekotto.

Have you read the thread yet? In particular the link to the blog with all sorts of arseholes making this salute in front of holocaust memorials, synagoges, KZ-camps and even a jewish school?

Real innocent that.

Chancel Mbemba from Anderlecht is the next Kompany. I would love it if we picked him up. I like Eriksen in the 2009 Modric role as an inside left. Defoe is off to Toronto I've been told by my Canadian friends, so a striker would be nice. Loic Remy or Alexandre Lacazette would be perfect!

Back
Top Bottom