Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Tim Sherwood apparently being told by Mr Levy "that before we can buy anybody in January, we have to sell some players" (haven't we heard this sort of crap from Levy before - like in virtually every January transfer window).
Anyway putting that aside - who do you think we should sell and who should we buy ?

SELL
Livermore to Hull (he has reportedly stated that he would like to stay with them).
Naughton to anybody who wants him.
Gomes (do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Bentley (again do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Defoe to Toronto FC (seems like he has made his mind up already about going - allegedly).

BUY
Huddlestone back from Hull (should never have sold him in the first place).
Hernandez from Man Utd (he's a proven premier league goalscorer).
Buttner from Man Utd (left back cover is desperately something we need).

GET
Assou-Ekotto back from loan at QPR.

LOAN
Fredericks & Coulthurst to any top ten championship clubs (to make them that little bit better - although they are both good at the moment).

What are your opinions on who we should buy, sell or send out on loan.

How can anyone take you seriously if you don't even know whether we still have Bentley or not? Also you've sold both our backup right backs and haven't suggested we bring anyone in.

Is it just me that thinks Fryers is better than Naughton (or at least will be in a year or two)? I'd sell Naughton and bring in some cover at right back before I'd think about a left back

Well Fryers has a left foot for a start so, yeah. Considering we have Fredericks for RB (yeah I've only seen him play once but football is all about over-reacting to one performance:D), I see no real reason to keep Naughton should someone make us a sensible offer for him.

Well Fryers has a left foot for a start so, yeah. Considering we have Fredericks for RB (yeah I've only seen him play once but football is all about over-reacting to one performance:D), I see no real reason to keep Naughton should someone make us a sensible offer for him.

Apparently Fredericks has a nifty left foot too.

Really? I suppose that's what happens when I hail the new lad as the messiah after one game...he's obviously more messiah-er than I thought!

I hope he isn't a very naughty boy.

hes-not-the-messiah-hes-a-very-naughty-boy-63203.jpg

Forget where I read it, think it might have been on here or twitter. But apparently he's naturally left footed, but can hit with his right too. I could have imagined all this in some kind of fevered turkey induced dream over the last couple of weeks though.

Isn't that what one person said on the forum? I noticed him beiing very one footed, but again, that is, what, 30 minutes.

30 minutes is 3 times as long as you need to completely judge a player and determine just how successful his career will be as a footballer...don't you read forums? Judge now, be resolute in your opinion...regardless of what happens in the future, it's football forum lore!!

:troll:

You'll have to excuse me, I'm in a right stupid mood today :D

If we're selling Defoe and sticking with 2 up front.. surely we're buying a new striker? Can't survive with just 2 strikers till May in a 442

Kane did alright today in what we needed him to do, winning some of the clearances. But he showed today he doesn't have the pace or decisive touch for a top four aspiring striker, regardless of his youth and inexperience. I think he's Prem quality, but he doesn't have what it takes to take us further. He really should've done better with the ball today in some of the situations in which he won it. Could've spared our coronary arteries quite a bit of damage.

Realistically whose out there now, available and may have to be content to play second string to Ade and Soldado. Maybe Sherwood will want to prove Kane can play at this level, just doubt his lethalness in front of goal.

For me, Berahinio from WBA would best bet, but he will come with a big price tag.

....Or Rodriguez from Southampton, although both will feel they have a shot of a World Cup place and won't want that ruined by potentially sitting on the bench.

Only transfers I can really see happening this window would be outgoings in the form of Defoe and maybe a midfielder who wants more game time ahead of the World Cup. (Hopefully not Holtby!)

Think we will recall Assou-Ekotto and maybe if a cheap, or free, striker is available then we could go for one as cover/rotation. I know it's not a popular opinion but berbatov would be ideal on the cheap and he's still a good player.

I saw a comment today about Lacina Traore from Anzhi the 6.8 mtr striker. He could be a option. Given the way our side is setup the option of a tall forward would be a good weapon to have.

I'm not sure he's got what it takes in the Prem and has been accused of being lazy on more than one occassion - I think that would kill off his chances under Sherwood and Freund!

It's quite the shame that we missed out on Mario Gomez in the summer when he joined Fiorentina for the insanely low sum of £13m (although I'm sure wages would be interesting) even if he's been injured quite a bit since then.

In a different style, Griezmann from Sociedad could be a good option. He seems to be coming through the left-wing to striker route which would give us cover in either position. He's a direct, fast attacking player with good technique so could complement either Ade or Soldado well. The big issue there would be links with PSG and Man Utd.

I saw a comment today about Lacina Traore from Anzhi the 6.8 mtr striker. He could be a option. Given the way our side is setup the option of a tall forward would be a good weapon to have.
That would be such a great transfer. Anzhi haven't won a league game in 19 games for crying out loud.
We definitely could get him on the cheap.

He was very lively against us earlier in the season as well, I liked the look of him

Back
Top Bottom