Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is not a pacey dribbler. He is a different sort of player, very good technique, good shot, clever etc. Too early to tell if he has a future here but I look forward to seeing more of him.....
clever etc.
clever etc.

??? the dude SPAT on himself!!

I've always been the first to maintain Kane simply has no future with us, but every time he's played this season, he's at least been "good", without necessarily making a massive impact. He's won me over, and I'm now of the opinion that he's certainly a good 4th choice ST / CF to have.

He's 20 years old for Christ sake. And he's playing in the first team of a club aiming for a top 4 finish. At TWENTY.

Also, saying he "won't make it at a top 4 club" is a stupid thing to say. Makes it seem like anyone that doesn't play for united or Chelsea hasn't made it as a.professional footballer.there are 90 odd teams in the football league and plenty of leagues elsewhere. Playing in the premier ship for any side is an incredible achievement.

Unless it's stoke or Sunderland. They're wank.

I'm sorry mate, I usually agree with you but I can't here. I think he simply doesn't have the mechanics to make it for a top four side. Granted, he did very well in winning a decent number of our clearances today, but after that he simply couldn't hold on to the ball with a dribble or pass.

I can see he's not in the same class as a striker we would actually buy for the team, and i can see that he wouldn't make it any of the top 4 sides line up's, but he gets called all sorts on here, he's not a cunt, just a player who has spent his life at Tottenham, aiming to succeed, has watched us buy striker after striker over the years, and yesterday, he played his part in the victory.

I took some pride in that as whilst he was on the pitch, so was Danny Rose (been with us since 17) Bentaleb and we had Fredericks on the bench. This was a game against the champions of the league, a team who have played top level European football for 20 years consistantly.

Maybe its the spurs in me but I find that far more gratifying that we won that with the players we did. Think how that will affect players like Bentaleb. It can only be positive. Feels like people are ready to pounce on his first mistake all the time.

Also, saying he "won't make it at a top 4 club" is a stupid thing to say. Makes it seem like anyone that doesn't play for united or Chelsea hasn't made it as a.professional footballer.

That's your own twisted and exaggerated interpretation. Never did I say he won't make it a Prem club, I said he won't start consistently for a top four side, and I maintain that.

That's your own twisted and exaggerated interpretation. Never did I say he won't make it a Prem club, I said he won't start consistently for a top four side, and I maintain that.
I've heard plenty of people say the same thing about welbeck and united.
Far too early to judge.

I've heard plenty of people say the same thing about welbeck and united.
Far too early to judge.

They were fools, much like the people who said Andros would never make it here. The pacy ones always have a chance because it's largely an inherent trait. Kane has a decent touch, but he's very much lacking in pace at a point where he should be about at his peak.

They were fools, much like the people who said Andros would never make it here. The pacy ones always have a chance because it's largely an inherent trait. Kane has a decent touch, but he's very much lacking in pace at a point where he should be about at his peak.
Whoa, are you saying he should be at his peak at 20?

Kane has shown he's got a place here this season and at 20 years old nobody can tell how good he can become. Players develop at different rates and pace has fuck all to do with how good you can become, plenty of forwards like Sheringham, Totti, Del Piero, Shearer etc..... weren't the fastest around.

PACE-wise mate. You do seem to like jumping to interpretations that assume people are morons. Is dangerous, as a clever man can easily use that against you and make you look ridiculous in a live conversation.
Jesus I only asked what you meant Haha
Its unnecessary personal digs like that, that's making this forum such a pain in the arse

My point is still that it's far too early to judge kane. He is still but a mere boy. Most of us thought Gareth bale was wank and a bit of a jinx at 20.
The fact hes around the first team like he is, the even under AVB, and has done well for the first Team in a few of his brief appearances, would suggest that obviously the people whose opinions matter thin. Highly of him. No one's saying he's the English Lionel Messi. He's still got 20 years of a career left yet. Don't write him off just yet ayy.

One thing that annoys me is that, when we have a tottenham lad come through, Eg, Livermore, who isnt perhaps the most talented, he's called the Enfield inniesta and any half decent performance is hailed.

But when we have harry kane who a few peopl. Say is half decent, the second he doesn't score a hat trick and make uniteds defence look silly. He's shit, average or "won't make it as a top 4 player"

Last edited:
Jesus I only asked what you meant Haha
Its unnecessary personal digs like that, that's making this forum such a pain in the arse

My point is still that it's far too early to judge kane. He is still but a mere boy. Most of us thought Gareth bale was wank and a bit of a jinx at 20.
The fact hes around the first team like he is, the even under AVB, and has done well for the first Team in a few of his brief appearances, would suggest that obviously the people whose opinions matter thin. Highly of him. No one's saying he's the English Lionel Messi. He's still got 20 years of a career left yet. Don't write him off just yet ayy.

Not a personal dig, because I agree this place has been rather poisonous of late. But in the last page you've misinterpreted key points twice, while assuming I divulged the worst option possible. I'm more than happy to give respect, but that's always a two way street.

You can't always say a player is too young to judge. By that logic, there are millions of players across the globe that could be Prem starters in the next few years. We've seen him in plenty enough games at this point for people to make an opinion. Despite his age, I'm saying he's not got the intrinsic qualities it takes to succeed at a top four side in this league. He should be far faster at this point, and he should have far better dribbling and passing ability at this point. I might be wrong, and I'd love to be. But if he ever makes it I'll never discuss youth prospects again.

But when we have harry kane who a few peopl. Say is half decent, the second he doesn't score a hat trick and make uniteds defence look silly. He's shit, average or "won't make it as a top 4 player"

He doesn't have to not be bangin 'em in to properly gauge his talent. As I said several times in this thread, he did well to pick the ball out of the air several times yesterday but then conceded the ball far too easily, and often just as the midfield was arriving to support and we were hence more stretched out as a result. It doesn't take a worldie to hold on to the ball for at least 10-15 seconds longer than he did and give your side a chance to create a rigid shape in preparation for scrappy last 20 minutes home side attacking play.

You are both right, definitely has talent but we wont know if he is a spurs/top 6 player unless he gets runs of games, which he wont get with us. Unlike Andros has been unlucky when been sent out on loan, would be good if in January maybe if transfers permitting he could get a gig with a QPR or say Palace could be good experience

He doesn't have to not be bangin 'em in to properly gauge his talent. As I said several times in this thread, he did well to pick the ball out of the air several times yesterday but then conceded the ball far too easily, and often just as the midfield was arriving to support and we were hence more stretched out as a result. It doesn't take a worldie to hold on to the ball for at least 10-15 seconds longer than he did and give your side a chance to create a rigid shape in preparation for scrappy last 20 minutes home side attacking play.
I Find it a tad harsh to judge him on 15 minutes against the defence that is not only vastly more experienced, but also the current title holders, on what I think might be his first game back from injury, in a side that's stretched with injury problem, to say the least

Back
Top Bottom