Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I Find it a tad harsh to judge him on 15 minutes against the defence that is not only vastly more experienced, but also the current title holders, on what I think might be his first game back from injury, in a side that's stretched with injury problem, to say the least

That's a fair punt, but my opinion is based off every time he's featured for us and yesterday just furthered my opinion.

You are both right, definitely has talent but we wont know if he is a spurs/top 6 player unless he gets runs of games, which he wont get with us. Unlike Andros has been unlucky when been sent out on loan, would be good if in January maybe if transfers permitting he could get a gig with a QPR or say Palace could be good experience

The loans don't work for everyone. Andros had looked the nearly finished product for a couple years before getting to QPR and showed an obvious exponential trajectory of improvement every time he featured. IMO, Kane shows every time when he comes on that he simply doesn't have the necessary tools, regardless of his youth.

Townsend only really came good when he got an extended run in the qpr first team.
My memory may not be great but I remember thinking kane was one of our best players against hull in the cup. He came on almost single handedly rescued the result. He looked lively, scored a goal and hit the post. In the space of about 15 minutes.
I think he's at the point now where, he's too old to hide behind the youth prodigy label, but not quite old enough and experienced enough to get a run in a first team in the premier league.
If we could send him to Fulham or something, to play with berbatov, and behind someone like bent, i think we'd get a much better view of how he's going to do.

Townsend only really came good when he got an extended run in the qpr first team.
My memory may not be great but I remember thinking kane was one of our best players against hull in the cup. He came on almost single handedly rescued the result. He looked lively, scored a goal and hit the post. In the space of about 15 minutes.
I think he's at the point now where, he's too old to hide behind the youth prodigy label, but not quite old enough and experienced enough to get a run in a first team in the premier league.
If we could send him to Fulham or something, to play with berbatov, and behind someone like bent, i think we'd get a much better view of how he's going to do.

This is vital if we are going to loan him out. The club loaning him needs to understand that he is to be played behind someone, not as the last striker.

Thought Kane's hoof into the stand was brilliant - lads on Red Café still don't get it (lots wanted him booked!!)
I still believe Kane has the physique to do well in PL

One thing that annoys me is that, when we have a tottenham lad come through, Eg, Livermore, who is perhaps the most talented, he's called the Enfield inniesta and any half decent performance is hailed.

But when we have harry kane who a few peopl. Say is half decent, the second he doesn't score a hat trick and make uniteds defence look silly. He's shit, average or "won't make it as a top 4 player"

It's a fair point. I'll be honest and say I thought Kane didn't offer much when I first saw him a couple of years ago - I couldn't understand why Windy was more impressed with him than Lancaster for example. Then I realised Kane is more of a centre forward than an out and out striker - all I had really seen of him was being played out of position without quality players around him. I think his performance against Aston Villa away in the League Cup (4-0) and also his cameo role against Hull at home were enough to make me realise he has just as much potential as any other players.

Everyone keeps mentioning "Top 4 team" - We aren't really. We've finished their twice and been in the Champions league once.
I wouldnt have a problem if you spoke of us as an "Aspiring top 4 team" But come on...

He's 20 years old for Christ sake. And he's playing in the first team of a club aiming for a top 4 finish. At TWENTY.

Also, saying he "won't make it at a top 4 club" is a stupid thing to say. Makes it seem like anyone that doesn't play for united or Chelsea hasn't made it as a.professional footballer.there are 90 odd teams in the football league and plenty of leagues elsewhere. Playing in the premier ship for any side is an incredible achievement.

Unless it's stoke or Sunderland. They're wank.

Absolutely this. Well done this man.

Everyone keeps mentioning "Top 4 team" - We aren't really. We've finished their twice and been in the Champions league once.
I wouldnt have a problem if you spoke of us as an "Aspiring top 4 team" But come on...

Absolutely this. Well done this man.

Your absolutely right, however I think your being a tad pedantic

he's looked good this year when he has played. Impressed me more than Defoe tbh. Although saying that whenever I saw him in the Europa league under redknapp he looked poor but then again he was playing with other young players in those games. My point is that he deserves a chance at some point before we write him off

Hmmm, I'm not fond of "Aspiring top 4 team." It assumes that the limit of our aspiration is top 4.

I'd say we're "competing for top 4" and aspiring for silverware or - maybe next year - the title.

They were fools, much like the people who said Andros would never make it here. The pacy ones always have a chance because it's largely an inherent trait. Kane has a decent touch, but he's very much lacking in pace at a point where he should be about at his peak.

What has pace got to do with anything, some of the best strikers in Premier League history weren't quick. Sheringham, Ferdinand, Shearer, Bergkamp and Cantona just to name a few.

The loans don't work for everyone. Andros had looked the nearly finished product for a couple years before getting to QPR and showed an obvious exponential trajectory of improvement every time he featured. IMO, Kane shows every time when he comes on that he simply doesn't have the necessary tools, regardless of his youth.

Not at all, Townsend never looked like he was going to make it at Spurs until he came back his season, even at QPR last year he was a big fish in a small pond. Every single cameo that Kane has made this season has been more and more encouraging. His touch is fantastic, he's strong, a good finisher and a very intelligent player, not everything is about pace.

Back
Top Bottom