Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And fuck Subotic too while we are at it. Regardless of his reasons, don't care. WE NURTURED YOU AND YOU BETRAYED US.

Enjoy watching the world cup on tv.

Now that... is a nice feeling. Subotic would've been vital, and wouldn't have missed a first team game for at least ten years. I hear Germany is nice in the summer, but it ain't shit compared to Brazil ya queef.

You're right, but just like with Mata it's worth at least a punt if he's available.

I dont know enough of him to judge to be honest. I recall he did well in the CL final, in a pretty poor Chelsea performance, but otherwise cannot honestly say Ive seen him play.

If he is good enough, worth a punt - but I certainly wouldnt expect any joy from it.

Has anyone seen Danny Ings play?

Heard good things about him
Currently in the one decent spell of his career, so far to early to judge, but does so far look very good.
(At Championship level) Great finisher, willing runner and has a great partnership with Vokes. Certainly worth watching.

The only player I really want right now is Cerci, but it looks like he wants CL football, and maybe one expensive, high-scoring Serie A winger is enough for now

Posted in Berba's real account? Seems like it ...

1511232_10151886440148526_1001480996_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...253525.-2207520000.1388697605.&type=3&theater

If this is true ... this really sucks because
1. Will hate to see him playing for the Goons and 2. We should be all over this.

Better in my opinion.

He could make the LB spot his own.. I believe he was MOM in the CL final.. For a LB to get MOM is good but the CL final, then he has something about him.
He hasn't seen a lot of game time to be fair, I'd call it a a bigger risk than we Should be taking when wanting to buy for the LB position. Also, I've mainly seen him play out of position as a winger / attacking midfielder for Chelsea last season, did he really play LB in the CL final?
Definitely not a great signing IMO, much rather go for Buttner..

Tbh, us needing a lb, similar to us needing a backup GK is knee jerk reaction to injuries/bad performances.. We have fryers and BAE behind rose and naughton and fredieriks behind walker. What we really need if we sell defoe is to buy a new striker or get serious about bringing Kane and other youth products through...long term we need to sell siggi and buy another cb...almost every position we have cover for and realistically the only position going forward that I would spend big money on would b a striker...

That Berba highlight video posted earlier in the thread fucking kills me. Had the potential to be an absoloute cult hero and go down in Hotspur legacy. Now all he will be known as is another foreign striker that was in the prem for a while.....and who hopped clubs a bit. What a waste.

And no, I would not take him back.

I don't think Kane is any worse than Long from what i've seen so far. We should try to sign someone better or give Kane a chance, don't see the point in buying Long just because he is cheap.

Long for £2 million is a bargain whatever anyone says.

The fact that our main rivals for Shane Longs signature are Hull, Norwich and Leiceaster, rather than Liverpool, Chelsea or Everton should tell you all you need to know about Levys ambitions for the club should this transfer come off

Back
Top Bottom