Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose was shite all game & got caught doing something similar at OT, was unpunished then but if were gonna stick with a LB that takes those kind of risks then we're better off with BAE who usually tends to get away with it.

Personally would look for someone else as i dont think either are good enough.

Rose was shite all game & got caught doing something similar at OT, was unpunished then but if were gonna stick with a LB that takes those kind of risks then we're better off with BAE who usually tends to get away with it.

Personally would look for someone else as i dont think either are good enough.
Well some water went down the river since Benny played for us but you should remember the Basle game last season his endless stepovers getting caught out of position etc.

Rose has been playing LB for going on 2 seasons now mate

he is now a left back
Yep i agree, the club sees him as a left back, but he isnt comfortable there and i presume if you asked him hed rather be on the wing. We've pinned a lot of hope on him cos of how short we are at LB, yet he isnt a *natural* LB.

Yep i agree, the club sees him as a left back, but he isnt comfortable there and i presume if you asked him hed rather be on the wing. We've pinned a lot of hope on him cos of how short we are at LB, yet he isnt a *natural* LB.

I wouldn't say he wasn't comfortable there as he played a full season there for sunlun and was their player of the season. I just think coming back from a longish injury has taken abit of a toll on him especially coming back in the middle of the festive period. He's a tough little player and strong in the tackle but alot like Walker on the right he just needs to work on his positioning and reading of the game. I'm still confident he'll be a very good LB in the long term.

Yep, time to get a new LB in. I haven't a clue as to who. In the meantime, wouldn't mind Fryers starting v Palace. I'm never been a big fan of BAE, but if he comes back, fine. I can't see it though, don't know why, just think it won't happen this season.

Well some water went down the river since Benny played for us but you should remember the Basle game last season his endless stepovers getting caught out of position etc.
ronaldo does stepovers.
benny does stepovers

gee, what could that mean.... :chadliblow:

RECALL BENNY, HE MIGHT BE RONALDO IN DISGUISE.:sandroscream:

I'll be honest in that the only thing that bothers me, long term, about Rose is that he seems to be flapping his jaw a lot in the press lately (or so it seems)

Always concerning as having a self-appointed press representative isn't always useful - it was the downfall of HR

I think since Benny went away he burnt too many bridges. most notably supporting a gesture from an anti Jewish "comic" its stupid any time, but when you are contracted to a club where the fans call themselves the "Yid Army" and both the chairman and owner are Jewish its bloody suicidal.

also would love Umtiti but cant see that happening given the season we're having

We need a left back good enough to be a starter, that is beyond any question.

Great to win at OT, but Rose was murdered by their RW then too.
Exactly, in both the United and Woolwich games there were acres of space on the left side. The highlight in Rose's performance was the mistake that led to the second goal, but this does not excuse that his side of the pitch was never properly defended.

Not jumping to conclusions here, it might be because he is out of form due to his recent injury or the fact that our left winger yesterday (Eriksen) failed to track back and support him in defence. Still, we need a new LB, that is a certainty.

Isn't Umtiti primarily playing at centre-back these days?

This season yes, last season a majority of his time was on the left...TBH he is a bit too slow to do what we need him to do on the left.

I dont see us getting anyone really...except for maybe a loan.

I am more concerned with seeing players go. Sherwood is an idiot if he allows his marginalizing of Etienne and Holtby to result in them leaving.

If we need cash to maneuver, sell Sig. 12 million easy. Im curious what smaller leagues like Romania have to offer since Chirches and his class act.

Back
Top Bottom