Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i would more say it is what he has been paid silly money a week. And also what he has asked for they have given it him.Saw that they give his mom a house and family also pay for his flights back and to the uk

If you were me, you would be as pessimistic/realistic as me.

Utd was great, but all that did was get back the West Ham 0-3.

We still have to get back the Toon 0-1 - Beating Palace wouldn't do that- but it would light a little candle in a long dark tunnel. That could easily be snuffed out by Swansea. We've thrown away so many points this season, only if we build on the win v Utd will we ... enough metaphors and analogies already, I think you get my drift. :)

ATM I don't think top 4 is on, simple as that for me.
3 points from top 4. (2pts +GD)
Liverpool seem to win every game and we are only 3 points behind.
Improve our home form-sorted.
Beat Palace would be a good start to march on.

The pessimism is mind blowing.

City are only beginning to pick up points away from home now.
Woolwich are awaiting their mid-season collapse.
Chelsea are still not the us-or-them types we were expecting with the second coming of Jesus Mourinho.
Manchester United are in worse shape than they have been in my lifetime.
Liverpool seem to do very well most of the time but are still within our reach AND should Suarez get a knock/injury, that would be a very different proposition.
Everton under Martinez have impressed but aren't out of reach either.

It's been a strange season of transition for the majority of the teams. I still say that top 4 is doable and realistically, all we have to do is keep pace until the last 10 games when the depth of our squad may well come into play in comparison with everyone but Chelsea and City.

It's a debate, my man. No need to be so sensitive. It's just evident, as you admit, you only judge players by their contributions to our club. When judging things like technique, as we're discussing, you take into account their whole career as proof. To say outrightly that Lamela's technique is worse than Bale's and then say you're only judging that on what he's done for Spurs is silly. If that was how football worked, their attributes don't matter until showcased for their current side.

Do yourself a favour and give it a rest, you're arguing with someone who rates Dawson as our best central defender ahead of Vertonghen and get's instantly sensitive when you joke that he must be Dawson's dad. His reaction when you called Bale his nephew made me laugh.

The pessimism is mind blowing.

City are only beginning to pick up points away from home now.
Woolwich are awaiting their mid-season collapse.
Chelsea are still not the us-or-them types we were expecting with the second coming of Jesus Mourinho.
Manchester United are in worse shape than they have been in my lifetime.
Liverpool seem to do very well most of the time but are still within our reach AND should Suarez get a knock/injury, that would be a very different proposition.
Everton under Martinez have impressed but aren't out of reach either.

It's been a strange season of transition for the majority of the teams. I still say that top 4 is doable and realistically, all we have to do is keep pace until the last 10 games when the depth of our squad may well come into play in comparison with everyone but Chelsea and City.
I've been waiting for it for the whole season.
It better happen soon...

Would be a pity to see Coentrao go to Utd - we should be all over that seeing that next season we are just as likely to offer CL as they are

Levy isnt going to spend and will hide behind the idea that he'll give the new man the money in the summer, and if tim stays for the summer he'll use that same excuse to hold it back for the following summer during the next window.

Levy isnt going to spend and will hide behind the idea that he'll give the new man the money in the summer, and if tim stays for the summer he'll use that same excuse to hold it back for the following summer during the next window.

i think your right, without the bale cash it will be the same old levy and ENIC...

JD out, Messi in.

#ITK

I can confirm this is correct. We are indeed signing Mbida Messi, the 33yr old Cameroonian forward from Indonesian side Persib Bandung \o/

Special "Hello" from our Messi below:
foto-persib-bandung-mbida-messi-SIM_3908.jpg

"Yo Spurs, fuck da Lionel! Original Messi or GTFO"

(sorry to anyone expecting exciting young midfielder Enguene Messi from the French production line of talent at Claremont Foot)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom