• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What shall we do with reputation?

• Remove all reputation

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Remove the negative reputation

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Leave it as it is

Votes: 70 76.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet+Fight.+Hello+everyone.+I+present+to+you+what+was_c881e7_3496183.gif

Last edited:
Seems reputation can cause a few problems. People going round and disliking loads of posts from other users, threads turning into "why did you dislike my post?" arguments.

So, 3 options...

1. Remove all reputation - ditch the system completely.
2. Remove the negative reputation - dislike & disagree. Leave only the positive reps; Like/Thanks, Agree & Funny.
3. Leave it as it is

These are the only options. There's no "what if negative rep is hidden for users on ignore with less than 5 posts who's star sign is Taurus?".

Might not necessarily go with any of these but thought we'd see what people think of the rep system.

Might reset everyone's score as well. For no reason at all.
+1

As I said, its really not that important.

I said from day one, if you dont like me, put me on ignore. No one did.......they choose to read my posts. They want to read my posts. They want to argue.

So they should stop trying to act as intelligent and balanced posters.
Putting someone on ignore does not always solve the issue - especially for a prolific poster - then threads stop making sense and it becomes a mess. Sometimes the only solution is an operation to remove the bad growth - i.e. permanent intervention.

The rep. system does, quite accurately, depict each poster for whom they really are after a while. It does help keep the board moderated with little to know actual moderation as normal people psychologically won't want all that negativity and those that find it funny to get or give negativity will soon get bored.

Leave it as is, if you reset it, reset it, if you don't, don't. Some people are cunts in life, some are not. It, like beauty, is down to the eye of the beholder. There is no need for a Chinese style control of opinion in only keeping positive ratings as it will be a major misconception of life itself that most create for children. Santa is not real.

The best way to stop the neg rep sprees and fighting would be to close the forum down. Reckon that would solve approxamately 100 % percent of arguments. Just a guess though

I don't think I've neg repped anyone ... maybe when I was drunk and emotional. It just seems pointless to me. So what if someone has a different opinion to mine. A good debate often adds a little knowledge to both sides of the debate and those who read.
When someone's being a total cunt I either reply with some advice or some sarcasm ... usually a bit of both ... because sometimes people don't realise that they're being a cunt. Though if they are doing it on purpose for a laugh, then I think laughing at them is the best way show them the error of their ways.

No doubt some of us care about the rep system and try hard to get their rep up ... or down. Personally I couldn't care less if you pos or neg rep me. It doesn't help me sleep at night or have any bearing on whether I get sex or not so although it sometimes feels cool to know that something I said made some of you laugh or agree or like my post, I'd much rather you buy me beer or convince the misses to put out more often ... ie. there are more important things then worrying about then what someone says on a message board, even if IMO it is one of the better message boards on the internet.

Pos rep me up to 1k if you agree!!!!:dude:
:troll:

Putting someone on ignore does not always solve the issue - especially for a prolific poster - then threads stop making sense and it becomes a mess. Sometimes the only solution is an operation to remove the bad growth - i.e. permanent intervention.

I had 9 people on ignore and did just fine.

You are using the standard excuse that people used when they cant admit that they like arguing, and dont want to ignore my posts. Even if they read them, nothing is forcing them to reply.

People who have never used the ignore function keep telling me how difficult it is....doesnt make sense. Ive told you it isnt, and Im probaby the only one whos used it.

I would remove the neg rep optiont
I always put people on ignore if they give me a 'dislike', but sometimes I think it's a bit sad to lose a connection with another poster.
The sad bit is that you ignore anyone that gives you a 'dislike', not that you lose connection. That's your choice. If it makes you sad, don't do it.

If @ sammyspurs sammyspurs used the same methodology, this fucking board would be just him replying to himself all the time :harrylol:

He'd probably end up sin-binning himself:harrylol::harrylol:

If @ sammyspurs sammyspurs used the same methodology, this fucking board would be just him replying to himself all the time :harrylol:

He'd probably end up sin-binning himself:harrylol::harrylol:

The only thing confusing me is why people who claim rep means nothing (used to belittle my MASSIVE POS REP), neg rep my posts.....

Its like saying that voting for a prime minister does nothing, its all fixed, politicians are all the same, and that I dont care who wins...........then voting

:goonermong:

As I said, its really not that important.

I said from day one, if you dont like me, put me on ignore. No one did.......they choose to read my posts. They want to read my posts. They want to argue.

So they should stop trying to act as intelligent and balanced posters.

And yet you've been Sin Binned countless times......

The only thing confusing me is why people who claim rep means nothing (used to belittle my MASSIVE POS REP), neg rep my posts.....

Its like saying that voting for a prime minister does nothing, its all fixed, politicians are all the same, and that I dont care who wins...........then voting

:goonermong:
Wrong person to ask pal, I think I'm responsible for maybe one or two of your dislikes.

And I actually do think the rep thing is useful. Not so much to judge people by, but just for using when trawling through threads - sometimes I just want to agree, or like, but I don't need to say I agree in a separate post.

Not voting because I'd like to see more options. Since the general question is "is rep worth it?" and if the answer is "it isn't really" then make it a fun thing at least. For example, a "wanker" button, a "gooner" button, a "tits out" button, etc etc More interaction, more buy-in. Win win for TFC. :thumbs up:
I'd definitely vote for a gooner button!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom