Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of people have been voicing their concerns over the rather subdued and sometimes even bitter atmosphere at WHL recently. I dont think signing a lazy disrespectful cunt like Berbatov will to much to help lift the place. :cunt:

TBH berba has been hit or miss for fulham, he plays a worldie then has 3-4 shit games...rather we go for someone else oh and btw i fucking hate the cunt...
He's one of the ultimate highlights player. He can be invisible for 89 minutes, but makes a few impressive flicks and they show up on all the replays. Suddenly everyone forgets all the wasted time he spent on the pitch.

He's one of the ultimate highlights player. He can be invisible for 89 minutes, but makes a few impressive flicks and they show up on all the replays. Suddenly everyone forgets all the wasted time he spent on the pitch.

he is super silkie on the ball though...something i wont even take away from him...i just dont rate him that highly anymore as a goalscoring type striker and we dont need a point man as we have ade...his not going to come on as an impact sub so just dont think he suits what we need

A lot of people have been voicing their concerns over the rather subdued and sometimes even bitter atmosphere at WHL recently. I dont think signing a lazy disrespectful cunt like Berbatov will to much to help lift the place. :cunt:
A cunt he might be due to the way he left, but like Ginola i was always happy to pay money to watch true ability, and he has it in spades. Wouldnt want him back but i have no doubt in my mind that he would be awesome for us, on his day he's unplayable. Truly #spursy as can be dogshit in the next game if he doesnt fancy it

Agree @ Mad Yid Mad Yid , he still possesses the finest ball control of any centre forward ive seen in this league. No more pinging off forwards, with him it gets there and it sticks. A loan deal till the end of the season and id be happy as larry

Berbatov, great get him in asap. All our attacking midfield talent would thrive playing with him.

Agreed. He may also be more appreciative to be back playing for us this time around, as it's a return to a club fighting for CL spots in the last years of his career vs seeing us as a stepping stone, and off the back of playing for a side in bad form and barely gasping for air above the relegation spots. This could work out very well.

If true, whew ... a bullet dodged. I'd take a 33 yr old Berba any day over him.

Agree @ Mad Yid Mad Yid , he still possesses the finest ball control of any centre forward ive seen in this league. No more pinging off forwards, with him it gets there and it sticks. A loan deal till the end of the season and id be happy as larry
tumblr_mxlz32f88y1rdjj9io1_400.gif

#ComeHome

^ I would sacrifice my left nut in a hearbeat to be able to put a touch half as good as that one on that pass. Love or hate him, that is remarkable.

I reckon Berba will be one of them geezers who plays at the top level well into his late 30s tbh

His strongest assets are his touch and vision plus his strength is real good to none of which will be going anywhere as he progresses through his 30s

Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela linking up with him is jizz lol Paulinho too

I think Berbatov would get the best of the likes of Ade, Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela etc. I would take him back as I do think he could do a brilliant job for us! And, it would stop him going to Woolwich too.

The one thing stopping the deal could be Levy. But then again...at 1,5m..
:levywhoa:

I think Berbatov would get the best of the likes of Ade, Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela etc. I would take him back as I do think he could do a brilliant job for us! And, it would stop him going to Woolwich too.

The one thing stopping the deal could be Levy. But then again...at 1,5m..
:levywhoa:

He'd be a cheap purchase, but no doubt his wage demands are substantial. We can be fairly certain that that is the holdup in reference to "our terms."

I doubt he's on a really big wage unless manure are topping him off...

I don't think it's anything out of our structure, it's just that the club probably aren't keen on paying the guy too much when they were likely fine with just going ahead with what they already have. And that's a good cite, he very well may be still on Man U's books to a degree.

He'd be a cheap purchase, but no doubt his wage demands are substantial. We can be fairly certain that that is the holdup in reference to "our terms."

Tbh. I think he would need to make a choice whether he wants to keep playing at Fulham. Can't imagine he earns enormous wages there eitjer? He's still quite 'young', easily got 2-3 years left at the top. If we don't pick him up, I fear one of our rivals will.

Back
Top Bottom