Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back

Personally I have not see anything from Kane to prove that he is the answer to anything just yet.

And no, has nothing to do with fancy names or lightning pace. It has something to do with a heavy, heavy touch and not being able to find space consistently against good teams. Also, for a lad standing almost 190 cms tall, he is curiously lightweight, as if his sense of balance and body position is all terribly wrong.

And he isn't that "young" either. In fact he is just about a year younger than Eriksen.

We still need a striker to cover for Ade. I think Lacine Traore would have been perfect, if we did want him we easily could have, if Everton and West Ham was the competition.

Must say I disagree. Kane has always impressed me in the youth team and in his few cameo appearances in the first team he's shown some real moments of quality. Have people forgotten his cameo against Hull? Also whilst he's been getting some stick for his performance against United I think he did everything he needed and well. Finally you say he has a poor first touch...? Where did you get that idea? From what I've seen of him in the Europa, against Monaco, against Hull and in the youth games I've seen his first touch is incredible.

As for you suggesting he's lightweight. Firstly what makes you say that? I haven't seen anything to suggest he is. Secondly any other player with so little Prem experience everyone would be sticking up for and saying it takes time to adapt to the physicality.

Would be gutted if that happened

Not ideal I agree but We have shown a lot of interest in Guarin and I believe Baldini is over there negotiating this weekend.. Inter would sell but they are very interested in Lamela.
I personally wouldn't go for that option but I believe Holtby is going nowhere now so something has to give..

Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
Please sign a left back
I really cant see us signing 11 left backs in one window:troll:

I reckon he'll be a star (again) over there... and no doubt we'll put in a cheeky bid for this OUTSTANDING BRAZILIAN 'KEEPER ...once he has come back from the World Cup!!

Oh Holbtys G/F posted some photo of their new house in London on Instagram, hopefully means he's not going anywhere
As I mentioned before, don't be surprised to see a Levy-time deal for Berba.

How is this related to Holtby?

Well, I could very much see us getting Berba in exchange for Fulham (who can get one more PL player on loan) getting Holtby on loan.

New house, but in London + Fulham also in London ... 1+1 ... is ticking all the boxes for me.

As I mentioned before, don't be surprised to see a Levy-time deal for Berba.

How is this related to Holtby?

Well, I could very much see us getting Berba in exchange for Fulham (who can get one more PL player on loan) getting Holtby on loan.

New house, but in London + Fulham also in London ... 1+1 ... is ticking all the boxes for me.

Either way, I hope he does go on loan to get a first team place in another squad and show his full potential (as happened with Kyle Walker, who actually cost 3 x what Holtby did)

Must say I disagree. Kane has always impressed me in the youth team and in his few cameo appearances in the first team he's shown some real moments of quality. Have people forgotten his cameo against Hull? Also whilst he's been getting some stick for his performance against United I think he did everything he needed and well. Finally you say he has a poor first touch...? Where did you get that idea? From what I've seen of him in the Europa, against Monaco, against Hull and in the youth games I've seen his first touch is incredible.

As for you suggesting he's lightweight. Firstly what makes you say that? I haven't seen anything to suggest he is. Secondly any other player with so little Prem experience everyone would be sticking up for and saying it takes time to adapt to the physicality.

Oh man, I could not disagree more. "first touch is incredible" in that game? Ai yi yi. Thought he was by far the weakest link aside from the left back in that game, and that was with makeshift center backs.

If we got Guarin, would this mean that we would put Eriksen at the flank instead of the middle?
I like Guarin but i would rather give Eriksen the center slot.

Agreed. The kid's an outright No 10, something we massively missed last year. I can see zero rationale for bringing Guarin in. He's not entirely different from Paulinho, and Dembele is also in a box-to-box mold.

IMO, if the purchase is made, it's a bonafide indication that Sherwood won't be keeping the post in the summer.

Currently the chatter on twatter is:

- Spurs want Guarin and have had a ~£8m bid rejected, with Baldini en route there
- Spurs were offered Guarin, but aren't interested
- Inter have offered Guarin as a swap for Chicharito

Hopefully, somewhere in there, there will be an outcome whereby we bid for Chicharito. I really rate him, proven scorer in our league too as opposed to the gamble of bringing someone to this league (Soldado)

Back
Top Bottom