Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we needed a decent striker to replace defoe and a left back because we dont have any good ones. If Levy was serious about achieving CL football surely he would have strenghthened in this area. I can only conclude he aint that bothered.

It would require Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho, and Sterling to all break their ankles at once and for us to bring in quality reinforcements for us to possibly make it this year....No board is going to sink an extra 20 million when the competition is better than previous seasons and the expenditures aren't guaranteed to bring success.

It would require Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho, and Sterling to all break their ankles at once and for us to bring in quality reinforcements for us to possibly make it this year....No board is going to sink an extra 20 million when the competition is better than previous seasons and the expenditures aren't guaranteed to bring success.
Don't be a cunt. We're still in the top 4 race.

What's pissed me off more than ANYTHING is Timmy's attitude. He has been asked by DL if he wants to strengthen the team and he has said no, doesn't need anything. Well Sorry Timmy, if you cannot see we urgently need a another LB, we need another forward then you should not be manager of this club.
It's plain as bloody day we are lacking in these positions, so to dismiss it is fucking lunacy.

What's pissed me off more than ANYTHING is Timmy's attitude. He has been asked by DL if he wants to strengthen the team and he has said no, doesn't need anything. Well Sorry Timmy, if you cannot see we urgently need a another LB, we need another forward then you should not be manager of this club.
It's plain as bloody day we are lacking in these positions, so to dismiss it is fucking lunacy.

Its almost as if he thinks that by not spending Board money, they would be less likely to sack him come summer time.

Hate to break it to ya Timmy...you won't see the month of August at the helm....regardless of what you do.

Its almost as if he thinks that by not spending Board money, they would be less likely to sack him come summer time.

Hate to break it to ya Timmy...you won't see the month of August at the helm....regardless of what you do.

thing is he's dug himself a bigger hole now if we don't get 4th
Telling DL to fuck off with his cash he has basically given him permission to say "you had the opportunity to strengthen, You didn't, it's your fucking fault"
He has pissed off the support who ALL know where our weaknesses are and failed to act on them. He has just set the alarm on his own timebomb.

Where does the assumption that Levy has offered to sign players come from?

The Spurs chairman has frequently asked Sherwood if he needs any new players, but, after the club made seven additions to the squad last summer, the head coach feels there is no point in making an already bloated squad bigger.

"Daniel's asked if I want to strengthen in this area or need any help, but I'm confident with the players we've got," Sherwood said.

"I don't need anyone else, thank you very much.

"They (Levy and technical director Franco Baldini) can bring them in (but) they won't play. We're in this together. Unless we're all in agreement they don't bring them in, because there's no point because they won't play.

"It's not always the (right) way, just to buy players. We need to put things together, like a jigsaw here, and I've got real trust in the players that we've got."

Back
Top Bottom