Massimiliano Allegri

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't happen.

He has never won anything of note (1 league 1 minor cup), very much an insult to even AVB to call him another AVB! He also said in 2012 that he'd retire in 2022, so hardly anything long term anyway....

Wouldn't worry about this one, he was responsible for the demise of AC Milan so I'm sure Baldini would even steer clear of this italian

You seriously call winning Serie A as 'nothing of note'??

He's a decent coach IMO who had two and a half very good seasons at a far bigger club than ours before it went tits up and had a great record at Cagliari. Far more experienced than AVB and better than AVB too.

Clearly Baldini's man if true. Isn't that what we've screamed for? Levy leaving the football decisions to a football man?

Unless it's only ones we agree with.

Clearly not in LvG's league but a very interesting option especially if Tassotti comes with him.

Anyone got any positives on him. I know very little, apart he was the manager I chose for my Ultimate Team for my Italian squad on FIFA 13 :)

The positives are that it's completely fictitious.

If it even had a shred of truth it'd be in a more respectable paper tbh. I saw Klopp in the paper here the other day and that won't happen, so imagine how far behind reality Allegri is

He's apparently bringing tassotti with him. Maybe it's baldinis call, he was moderately respected pre Milan. Not sure I remember Milan playing stylish football but as someone said his team was shit and full of 35yr olds.
Not sure the players will respond to this appointment but at the moment i'd take stevie wonder ahead of Sherwood

Last edited:
You seriously call winning Serie A as 'nothing of note'??

Yes. Winning a terrible league with Ibrahimovic, Pato and Robinho upfront, yet still getting knocked out by us in the Champions League with a team comprising of such starlets of Alan Hutton, Gomes, Gallas and Crouch..

But if you think that's a good manager (bearing in mind that was his first and only successful season at AC)...

Yes. Winning a terrible league with Ibrahimovic, Pato and Robinho upfront, yet still getting knocked out by us in the Champions League with a team comprising of such starlets of Alan Hutton, Gomes, Gallas and Crouch..

But if you think that's a good manager (bearing in mind that was his first and only successful season at AC)...
And Pato and Robinho have done what since? They were a busted flush then as they are now.

Not ideal but nowhere near the disaster people are making out.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!!!!

He's apparently bringing tassotti with him. Maybe it's baldinis call, he was moderately respected pre Milan. Not sure I remember Milan playing stylish football but as someone said his team was shit and full of 35yr olds.
Not sure the players will respond to this appointment but at the moment of take stevie wonder ahead of Sherwood

:saha:

This were his teams that played us

Leg 1

Abbiati, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Gattuso, Seedorf (Alexandre Pato), Flamini, Abate, Antonini, Ibrahimovic, Robinho

Leg 2

Abbiati, Nesta, Jankulovski (Antonini), Thiago Silva, Seedorf, Flamini (Rodney), Abate, Boateng (Merkel), Alexandre Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho

There's a few hundred million pounds worth in those lineups

And Pato and Robinho have done what since? They were a busted flush then as they are now.

Not ideal but nowhere near the disaster people are making out.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!!!!

And Ibrahimovic....?

We had Crouch, Pienaar and Jenas...

You forgot team also contained Modric, Sandro, Lennon, VdV and a younger less donkey Dawson. Hardly the shit little team you referred to.

Not a good manager, but why belittle Spurs' achievements? Woolwich went there the year after and got fucked 4-0

You forgot team also contained Modric, Sandro, Lennon, VdV and a younger less donkey Dawson. Hardly the shit little team you referred to.

Not a good manager, but why belittle Spurs' achievements? Woolwich went there the year after and got fucked 4-0

Who's shit in your cornflakes?

Where did I say we were a 'shit little team' - I was pointing out that we had a squad full of championship level holes against some of the most expensive footballers of the past years.

AC beat Woolwich the following season - I was referring directly to the season they won the Serie A

Giovanni Galeone, ex-coach and Allegri's mentor says for tuttomercatoweb.com: "Allegri at Tottenham? I don't know anything, i think at this time Massimiliano is in the United States in vacation with his daughter" , although in all fairness he doesn't exclude the possibility, but doesn't give any specific reasons for why he doesn't exclude it, just the usual "cause italian coaches are very good" and so on...

Last edited:
nah, there's no way there's any truth in this... i've not found one single article to quote a different source than Corriere dello Sport (who are very dubious imo), besides that, was Allegri ever linked with Spurs before this article came out in the CdS today? i find it hard to believe that in the open we'd court van Gaal and talk about Pocchetino as an alternative, while behind closed doors we were actually secretly going for Allegri, like the italian paper seems to suggest when it says Allegri was preparing for months for this... i call bullshit on this news and i'm pretty confident i'm not wrong (though anything is possible, obviously)

EDIT: CJJ CJJ he's not that bad though, as others said he won a title and i don't see what the level of the entire championship has to do with anything, besides that he was also chosen the coach of the year while he was training Cagliari, before coming to Milan, so imo he's not a bad coach. i do agree that i wouldn't want him as Spurs manager though, there are better alternatives indeed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom